Round 18 - Broncos vs. Sharks - Pre Match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have Carney who is in great form so they will score points, we have Prince, Wallace, Norman and McCullough all playing like retards we won't score points.

We have also shown with those players that we have scored good points and many great tries. I am hoping this week some combinations gel, the execution happens and defence is fast and hard.

A win is most definitely on the cards for mine.

Already making excuses hey mate. :winky:
Haha, nah mate, just pointing out that they're no easy beats.
I am confident too though!

They have Carney who is in great form so they will score points, we have Prince, Wallace, Norman and McCullough all playing like retards we won't score points.
And yet, we've scored more points than them, go figure...

Good to see Tasi is making his debut, I saw he scored on the weekend in the big win so be good to see how he goes. Im glad that wasnt Staggs last game the way it ended, and he can see the year out on his terms now.

Last edited:
I reckon we'd struggle against them at full strength. No chance without our Origin contingent

I reckon we'd struggle against them at full strength. No chance without our Origin contingent

Maybe you would be correct if both sides had their full complements, but without Gallen, Lewis and Fifita, well, that's half if not more of their engine room gone.

I think at least 50-50 for this game

50-50 for me also.

We'll really have to limit Carneys opportunities by smothering him in defence.

Same with DeGois.

If we can control those two, we'll be a good chance to win ..... as long as we can manage to score some points :001_rolleyes:

50-50 for me also.

We'll really have to limit Carneys opportunities by smothering him in defence.

Same with DeGois.

If we can control those two, we'll be a good chance to win ..... as long as we can manage to score some points :001_rolleyes:

Agreed, and I also think this game will boil down to which set of forwards controls the middle and which side get their play the balls happening faster. Momentum always.

While Carney is dangerous, he won't do that much if our forwards fire and the defence moves up quickly

Haha, nah mate, just pointing out that they're no easy beats.
I am confident too though!

And yet, we've scored more points than them, go figure...

I'm referring to recent history. Pretty sure we scored 0 last week Regardless of having most of our team on the field.

He hasn't? Why is the official site saying he did?
Broncos Sign Little Brother Tasi - Brisbane Broncos

Too bad he got injured though, I would've had him ahead of Maranta as well. Well, I would probably have Scott Anderson ahead of Maranta on the wing ... :001_rolleyes:

Do you think Maranta is FG material?

That'll do me. You want Tasi on the wing he got injured yesterday and hasn't even signed yet!

Tautalatasi hasn't signed with the Broncos yet, but says it only needs to be made "official".
Then he will have to persuade the club to leave him at the Jets for the rest of this season, rather than draft him into the Broncos under-20 team.
"They said I'd play with the under-20s, but I'd rather play the rest of the year in the Q Cup," the 18-year-old said. "Then play under-20s next year or try to crack the top 25."

Tasi siblings to reunite in the NRL | Ipswich Queensland Times

Last edited:
Cronullas record without their origin players has been good and a chance for a home semi is on the table I think. Our record without origin players is poor with only a marginal improvement with them. The thing is with Cronulla is that they are capable of a poor performance at any given time so hope springs eternal I guess. I don't want to see Cronulla win but it's hard to see them losing with our recent abysmal form.

We may score about as many as Cronulla but we certainly do not defend with their passion. Although our for and against is not too dissimilar the Sharks have won plenty of tight matches.

Seriously, if there's ever a game to win this year, this is it. Before the bye this is absolutely critical to win or our chances of making the 8 disappear.

If the boys don't put in 110% here then there is definitely something wrong.

I'm certainly not getting any hopes up for this one as we all know what happened the last game we played without our Origin reps, I also have vivid memories of the physical hammering/psychological bitch-slap they gave us last year (which was also played without our Origin reps). We can probably win this one as I'm sure we'll be playing with a lot of enthusiasm and desperation but whatever the outcome is let's hope they just play with some goddamn Bronco's pride!

Good luck boys!

radio this morning:

"broncos have made some big changes for this week.."
ok its just the origin stars and tasi in

"with corey norman having been.."
OH BOY TELL ME ITS TRUE???

"moved to fullback with josh hoffman moving to the centres".
ffs idiots.

Us winning will depend on How many tries maranta bombs this week

radio this morning:

"broncos have made some big changes for this week.."
ok its just the origin stars and tasi in

"with corey norman having been.."
OH BOY TELL ME ITS TRUE???

"moved to fullback with josh hoffman moving to the centres".
ffs idiots.
I heard this 6.30am sports report
WTF i want his job reading the sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Allo
  • Yellowfella
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.