Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

I really just hope that this is one of those games that we see post-Origin every year. Bennett always rides them hard at training at this time of year, gets their fitness up for late in the season, at the cost of a couple of games with very tired legs.

Lodge - 12 runs, 107 metres, 2 errors, 18 tackles
Thaiday - 7 runs, 55 metres, 1 tackle bust, 1 offload, 17 tackles
Glenn - 8 runs, 76 metres, 2 tackle busts, 1 offload, 1 error, 26 tackles, 3 missed tackles
Fifita - 8 runs, 55 metres, 18 tackles
McGuire - 10 runs, 71 metres, 29 tackles, 3 missed tackles
Ofa - 16 runs, 119 metres, 1 offload, 1 error, 23 tackles, 1 missed tackle
Sims - 7 runs, 56 metres, 25 tackles, 2 missed tackles
Mago - 6 runs, 46 metres, 3 tackle busts, 1 error, 11 tackles, 4 missed tackles

Our pack was going backwards. Throw in the missed tackles and errors and even with the best hooker we still would not have won.

I didn't see the game, but i was afraid of this. After last week, everyone was talking like the broncos were the premiership favourites. I think they believed and fell into an old familiar trap. They believed they could do the kind of things they did at the end of the titans game, at the start of this one. Its a mental thing.
Instead of building to wear down the warriors we go in, thinking they'll play like the titans did (like the warriors themselves did as well) and play like the games already won. We need to learn to go into games expecting a fight. I heard we tried umbrella defence for some reason? Hard to know for sure listening to the radio call.
The biggest weakness to this team isn't macca, or even knik its that idea that we don't need to break down teams to win. That pack of ours should be the starting point to our plans to win, not some dubious back line move.

I really just hope that this is one of those games that we see post-Origin every year. Bennett always rides them hard at training at this time of year, gets their fitness up for late in the season, at the cost of a couple of games with very tired legs.
He's going to need to freshen them up pretty quick though with the games we have coming up over the next month.

The games where our forward pack struggles or doesn't dominate shows that we need an organiser. The previous game and a half probably gave a false sense of it, Milford never did anything different, just played behind a dominant forward pack.

The games where our forward pack struggles or doesn't dominate shows that we need an organiser. The previous game and a half probably gave a false sense of it, Milford never did anything different, just played behind a dominant forward pack.
Makes sense.
As much as our pack has improved and will continue to next season. We're pushing shit uphill with Thaiday and bloody Sims this season. Haas's injury has really hurt us IMO. And I still fail to see why McGuire is regarded as a world class lock?? Should be starting prop with Lodge with TPJ in the 13.

That’s the 2018 Broncos.

Hot one week (or one half), ice cold the next.

Last edited:
After the Warriors' first short kick off you'd think we'd learn. Nope! Also I was at the game and the refs highly favoured the kiwis. All this aside we were simply pedestrian at times and if Boyd is there next year I won't be going back. If I pay to watch a game I'm sure I'm entitled to expect our captain to lead or at least make an effort. He was woefully short in both aspects of the game.

If you're off for a week and run into a side that's been seriously challenged to play a blinder, after being embarrassed in the previous weeks it can happen. Getting beat that is. It's what happens next week that will tell a better story. There isn't anyone on here not seen a Warriors worldbeaters game. They can and do put on a power game with great big man skills and can beat anyone on their day.

If we show up next week, get the job done and stay in the fight we have a punchers chance. We file it away and move on.

If you're off for a week and run into a side that's been seriously challenged to play a blinder, after being embarrassed in the previous weeks it can happen. Getting beat that is. It's what happens next week that will tell a better story. There isn't anyone on here not seen a Warriors worldbeaters game. They can and do put on a power game with great big man skills and can beat anyone on their day.

If we show up next week, get the job done and stay in the fight we have a punchers chance. We file it away and move on.

There's been quite a few games filed away this season. The warriors always turn up against the broncos anyway. It usually takes our very best to beat them.

When we don't play these fuckers away during origin we always seem to get them off a couple of crap games and they are hyped for a massive performance.

Warriors can make any side look bad when you are off and they have one of their on days. Still, we need to find ways to turn those games around which we don't seem to do unless the other side start making mistakes.

The disallowed try was our moment and while they have been calling it like that all year the interpretation needs work in a few areas.
If you can give a penalty try based on whether a player can make the ground and get to the ball then you can make a similar judgement on whether a player can make the ground in defence particularly when there has been a second pass.

Also they have to add some responsibility to the defender to make an effort to get across. How can you tell if someone could get close when they simply stop and throw there arms up.
Milking is milking. If you deliberately stop and milk then you lose any advantage.

Just watched the highlights.
I am sick of the Broncs not talking the Warriors seriously. We are the team they seem to want to beat the most. They always play at their best against us. We need to do the same. We were embarrassing at times it seams today.

Just watched the highlights.
I am sick of the Broncs not talking the Warriors seriously. We are the team they seem to want to beat the most. They always play at their best against us. We need to do the same. We were embarrassing at times it seams today.
You ascertained from the highlights that the Broncos weren't taking it seriously? They took it very serious but were outclassed in every aspect by a team who won't even come close to winning the comp. Both teams will be easy beats in the first round of the playoffs. (If the Broncos get to that stage).

When we don't play these fuckers away during origin we always seem to get them off a couple of crap games and they are hyped for a massive performance.

Warriors can make any side look bad when you are off and they have one of their on days. Still, we need to find ways to turn those games around which we don't seem to do unless the other side start making mistakes.

The disallowed try was our moment and while they have been calling it like that all year the interpretation needs work in a few areas.
If you can give a penalty try based on whether a player can make the ground and get to the ball then you can make a similar judgement on whether a player can make the ground in defence particularly when there has been a second pass.

Also they have to add some responsibility to the defender to make an effort to get across. How can you tell if someone could get close when they simply stop and throw there arms up.
Milking is milking. If you deliberately stop and milk then you lose any advantage.

Agree completely re milking. Offa was in the wrong no matter how far away he was but as soon as defensive player stops they take themselves out of the game. Hard to rule consistently though. When they get ‘knocked’ over does that count? How much contact is required to legitimately fall over?

We honestly have the shittest fans in the comp. If they're not dead silent at the games they're having hissy fits at certain players for whatever reasons.

Speaking of dead silent, how many tries were scored directly through Milford today? 3-4?

1. Boyd- 5 Won't bother because I won't get the adjective right and everyone will have a sook
2. Oates- 4 Must have had Gagai inside him again because he did sweet **** all today.
3. Su'a- 4 Let in the first try but shouldn't have been forced to play centre anyway. **** you @NRL
4. Jordan Kahu- 6 Seemed to just be there. Still doesn't add much in attack
5. Isaako- 5 Was back to being kicking Maranta today. Couldn't get us out of our 20 and kept getting driven back, hence the nickname. No doubt he will come good in a few weeks
6. Milford- 4 Can't tackle, can't kick, can't run. Didn't look like he wanted to be out there. Directly let in like 3-4 tries and did the same bomb for 70 minutes before trying something different. What did he do to deserve the McDonalds award?
7. Nikorima- 6 Let in less tries than his halves partner and looked most likely to break their line
8. Lodge- 5 Does he know he doesn't need to offload every time? Just needs to run hard sometimes
9. McCullough- 5 Bloke can't punch but after an elbow to the throat, you'd be pretty pissed too. Didn't do much, definitely wasn't the worst out there.
10. Thaiday- 4 Didn't see him do anything at all.
11. Glenn- 5 Didn't see him do much either.
12. Fifita- 4 Looked kinda soft. Got driven backwards often
13. McGuire- 5 Plenty of unnecessary metres like usual.

14. Staggs- 5 Our only other player who looked like breaking the line.
15. Ofahengaue- 4 Big and dumb. If he was a Sims he'd be copping it on here for his early season form and errors at important times.
16. Sims- 5 Some big hits I guess
17. Mago- 4 I have honestly only noticed this bloke playing once this season

That's really difficult to do when everyone was shit. We weren't allowed in the game by both the Warriors and the refs. This sport is an embarrassment this year. The Warriors laid on us all day and were rarely onside and were marched out of their twenty every time. We were Origin affected against the Warriors again and lost. Very disillusioned with the entire sport at this point. Can't get new fans if the old fans can't even explain rulings to them.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Jazza
  • Fozz
  • broncotville
  • GCBRONCO
  • Midean
  • Justwin
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Wolfie
  • Fatboy
  • Old Mate
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.