Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Agree completely re milking. Offa was in the wrong no matter how far away he was but as soon as defensive player stops they take themselves out of the game. Hard to rule consistently though. When they get ‘knocked’ over does that count? How much contact is required to legitimately fall over?

You're right it would be hard to rule on .

You ascertained from the highlights that the Broncos weren't taking it seriously? They took it very serious but were outclassed in every aspect by a team who won't even come close to winning the comp. Both teams will be easy beats in the first round of the playoffs. (If the Broncos get to that stage).
Plus listening to the radio.

Clearly I was mistaken and we were on the top of our game.

I doesn't take much to drop of the required level of performance. Sub-consciously if the players were thinking the Warriors are struggling, plus last weeks effort and players coming back from Origin and it does not take much for the team to drop down a few percent from our normal game. And I do not mean that did that on purpose or didn't care. I mean we always seem to leave our worse game for the Warriors who in turn always give us their best.

The disallowed try was our moment and while they have been calling it like that all year the interpretation needs work in a few areas.
I don't think they've been calling it that way all year.

All year there have been many a times when they've said contact on the outside shoulder however it was MINIMAL and therefore no bearing on the play.

That interpretation by the ref seemed to be lacking in this instance, but has been present all year.

From memory RTS was contacted under the posts whereas Darius collected the ball 10m to his right about 5m from the line... and also went through a different hole ie the decoy didn't create the hole that the player then exploited

It was a try for all money and they totally changed their interpretation for this one instance.

Last edited:
The 2018 Brisbane Broncos are a laughingstock.

Pathetic performance in every aspect of the game.

I want to say I'm surprised by that loss but deep down I'm really not. This team gives their fans no confidence or joy whatsoever.

13. McGuire- 5 Plenty of unnecessary metres like usual.
When is a metre unnecessary?

Also thought Fifita did some hard yards. Wouldn't call his efforts soft.

Other than that, pretty spot on.

When is a metre unnecessary?

Also thought Fifita did some hard yards. Wouldn't call his efforts soft.

Other than that, pretty spot on.
When it's the 4th tackle and we need to score points.

I don't think they've been calling it that way all year.

All year there have been many a times when they've said contact on the outside shoulder however it was MINIMAL and therefore no bearing on the play.

That interpretation by the ref seemed to be lacking in this instance, but has been present all year.

From memory RTS was contacted under the posts whereas Darius collected the ball 10m to his right about 5m from the line... and also went through a different hole ie the decoy didn't create the hole that the player then exploited

It was a try for all money and they totally changed their interpretation for this one instance.
Problem is the NRL have tried to turn every rule into an exact equation. Sometimes in a human sport, human decisions need to be applied. This was one instance where some common sense was needed. Obvious fucking try.

Fair enough. I thought McGuire wasn't too bad today.

That's McGuire though. He's never bad but he's never that great either. He won't lose you a game but he won't win you one either.

That's McGuire though. He's never bad but he's never that great either. He won't lose you a game but he won't win you one either.

Nothing wrong with steady. Just needs to pull his head in both with stupid niggle and being told when to run.

The 2018 Brisbane Broncos are a laughingstock.

Pathetic performance in every aspect of the game.

I want to say I'm surprised by that loss but deep down I'm really not. This team gives their fans no confidence or joy whatsoever.

To me the 2018 broncos is like this. Roll out a squad that no one thinks will win one week but end up looking like true contenders by beating good opposition. Then completely change the squad the following week and get flogged and look totally lost in doing so.

Last edited:

And today is a prime example of why players need to NOT read their own press. The thing about this team is it is very prone to complacency. They win a few games, two of which were against sub par opponents and they clearly start to think they are something special. They clearly proved they are especially ordinary when they turn up with lousy effort. To quote Mr. Winston Wolf in Pulp Fiction I think they should subscribe to the phrase after a win or two to" Well gentleman, lets not starts sucking each others dicks just yet." The boys clearly need to be reminded of this.

They having a whinge about Maccas punches , saying he should be suspended
Fucking funny , Buzz and Blocker are saying he had all right to stand up for himself

The solution is clear.

Sack Bennett. Sack Milford. Sack Kodi.

While we're at it sack Macca and McGuire too.

Sign Ash Taylor to a 200 year deal.

Actually...sack everyone and forfeit the competition until we have a coach and playing squad that will win everygame 40-0.

Even then some of you blokes will find something to complain about.

Last edited:
The solution is clear.

Sack Bennett. Sack Milford. Sack Kodi.

While we're at it sack Macca and McGuire too.

Sign Ash Taylor to a 200 year deal.

Actually...sack everyone and forfeit the competition until we have a coach and playing squad that will win everygame 40-0.

Even then some of you blokes will find something to complain about.
Lol, you're taking the piss.

That performance today was diabolical, it really was. So, some of us can't be frustrated and disappointed? Should we live in fools paradise and find some positives in a performance that was completely negative? Where else should we vent our frustrations?

Every broncos fan is going to react different but you tell us how we are supposed to react and think to that loss today mate? It was a pretty vital loss too, if we won it would of kept the pressure on other teams knowing that we are in form and hungry for that top 4 spot. We smash the titans 34-0, look fantastic, look hungry......and then? 10 steps back. Is it just me? Its been happening all year, i just can't have confidence in this team.

This game was so vital to securing top 8 for us and what hurts it so much more is the raiders won and tigers won in an upset PLUS we took a hit to our for and against. It really was worst case scenario for us today.

Active Now

• kiwi2
  • GCBRONCO
  • Cavalo
  • Foordy
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Mr Fourex
  • Broncorob
  • Allo
  • levikaden
  • ezpz
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Justwin
  • something
  • MrMoore
  • Skathen
  • thenry
  • johnny plath
  • Mustafur
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.