PRE-GAME [Round 19, 2024] Broncos vs Dragons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only position that is actually fit at the moment... may as well try and use them.

I'm ok with seeing Smoothy named at lock, mainly because I want to see Mozer

Got a feeling BHQ is wrong about this fella. Josh Rogers looks like a name worth backing though.

Rest In Peace Fun GIF by Barstool Sports

Our chances feel higher knowing we don't have to use Baker in a game like this since he is injured, he is literally a Black hole.
That man should never see first grade again.

They just need to play the way they played against the Panthers in that first half, they defended awesome. They put a lot of pressure on Penrith but their attack is what failed them. They need to fix their ball control and create opportunities in attack, because they have lacked this all season. There will be a number of boys missing but they really need to win this and put in 110%. The season is getting away from them and they are currently so stagnant, this needs to change.

what’s the logic behind not naming a full extended bench? I thought I’ve read somewhere before that after a certain round you can select players outside of your top 30 and dev players and just pay them a nominal amount per round?

We even medically retired Pereira. What’s the negative of at least naming say a Bailey Butler as an extra middle or Rory Ferguson if we’re that dire at lock? Hell I’d even sooner see EQW relied upon than Leota. His footy IQ is no worse and his work rate is infinitely better.

Not much Kevvie can do with our team given the injuries. I’d prefer Karapani on the wing for Oates but it is what it is. Let’s just hope the boys have a crack

Lol. Insane that this is our team list. Piakura won't be at training all week too which is another kick in the teeth. Poor mozer, not going to have much of a forward pack to steer around.

Imagine the kind of kick it would give to our boys if we topple the Dragqueens this week. This squad named reminds me so much of 2020 Origin squad.

I can see big minutes in store for Jensen, close to 80mins I reckon.

I can also see a late change of Semu onto the bench as well, because I just can't see how Karapani gets used in this game.

Dargs have named a 4 forward bench so they are planning to roll through us and it's a good plan... they've even selected a bronco killer in Sele... and if that's the case then that bench is way too fucking small.

Smoothy starting at lock is fine, but his replacement is Kobe... so how many minutes is Smoothy expected to play when there's basically 1 prop on the bench. Can't have Smoothy and Kobe on the field at the same time with say Mozer, because that is just way too small in the middle and just asking to be destroyed.

Even 15mins from Semu is worth something, because he's a big body... he'll have some big units around him in Willison, Jensen and Taupau, so I don't think it's too much of a danger even for a fresh rookie like him.

There's no room to be carrying one of those 17th players where there is no plan on how to get them into the game and they just get token minutes at the end. Need all hands on deck this week

I also hope to fucking god that the plan is not some bullshit like Billy 30mins -> Smoothy after tackle botting at lock -> Billy and then token minutes to Mozer... because that would be two wasted spots across the 17 in a game where we are absolutely stretched.

I also hope to fucking god that the plan is not some bullshit like Billy 30mins -> Smoothy after tackle botting at lock -> Billy and then token minutes to Mozer... because that would be two wasted spots across the 17 in a game where we are absolutely stretched.
Yes, but it's Billy who's superfluous to the mix. Smoothy and Mozer can amply cover the dummy half role, and both can rotate into lock type roles. Smoothy is even capable of tacklebotting for 80 minutes. Sailor can cover injuries in the halves, Jesse can play fullback, and Karapani can move to his wing. That opens up another position for a starting forward like Semu. Or bench Semu and start Kobe.

It feels like Kevvie knows he needs to give Mozer some time this season, but he won't rest Billy even though he's fagged after the first 15 minutes.

Yes, but it's Billy who's superfluous to the mix. Smoothy and Mozer can amply cover the dummy half role, and both can rotate into lock type roles. Smoothy is even capable of tacklebotting for 80 minutes. Sailor can cover injuries in the halves, Jesse can play fullback, and Karapani can move to his wing. That opens up another position for a starting forward like Semu. Or bench Semu and start Kobe.

It feels like Kevvie knows he needs to give Mozer some time this season, but he won't rest Billy even though he's fagged after the first 15 minutes.
So your plan is to drop our regular starting hooker so that a two game rookie can replace him or a bench hooker playing lock transitions to hooker effectively playing 80 minutes. If our halves go down, we move our fullback, winger and bench Centre into positions that none of them have ever played at first grade level before.

All during a game in which 5 of our regular starters are missing at a time when 13 of our top 30 players are unavailable.

Mchunt. Did Billy bang your Mrs or something mate?

Why do you think that is mate?

I am eager to hear your view on this topic, I don't think we've covered it before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Mick_Hancock
  • Porthoz
  • Astro
  • UP DA BRIZZY BRONX
  • Justwin
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.