PRE-GAME [Round 19, 2024] Broncos vs Dragons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Min wage only for Oates because honestly what’s the downside, hell you could even subsidise him assuming Reynolds hasn’t taken it all and he’d cost like 50k if that on the cap.

He can be the 10-15min benchie though when he gets picked, no more wing unless we have an injury mid-game
Reynolds cant take the vet bonus. He hasn't been here long enough.
To be honest, its time to move on from Oates. He doesn't offer us anything anymore.

If Oates didn't have such a likeable personality he wouldn't be anywhere near the side on form. He's put in some deadset shockers lately.

I agree with those above. Dragon's pack and bench could roll straight through our middle without Party and Payne. If Semu is next man up then get him in. Jensen can't play a whole 40 so when he and Willison are off - who's playing prop? Pretty much has to be Hetho, so then Smoothy's playing 40 straight...
I'd rather Semu come on or move Oates into middle for 10 mins either side of halftime.
It looked like Karapani played middle in the last 10 against Panthers.

Wait, have you looked at the team list? We're already playing a hooker in the forwards and a rookie on the bench. Complaints are we're not fielding another muscle. I was responding to that. You agree that Billy is only good for a short burst, right? Jesse has played fullback and Tristan has played in the halves.

Your reply makes no sense.

Are you saying it's nepotism again? They're your words, not mine.

By the way, you two look so damn cute together.
If he apologised.. would that make it better? maybe we can all chip in and get him to do one of those videos that Reece and Reyno do for the fans..

"MCHUNT, Billy here.. Sorry for getting picked before you in grade three badminton! Can you please leave me and my Dad alone now"

To be honest, its time to move on from Oates. He doesn't offer us anything anymore.

you can use vet bonus for anyone who's done over 10 years across the league, or 8 years consecutive at current club

Isn't the vet bonus something like 8 years at the one club or 10 years in the NRL. in which case ARey would qualify on the later

I think Oates is done as a first grader, we are not a retirement home.

I agree with those above. Dragon's pack and bench could roll straight through our middle without Party and Payne. If Semu is next man up then get him in. Jensen can't play a whole 40 so when he and Willison are off - who's playing prop? Pretty much has to be Hetho, so then Smoothy's playing 40 straight...
I'd rather Semu come on or move Oates into middle for 10 mins either side of halftime.
It looked like Karapani played middle in the last 10 against Panthers.
on the back of last week we will smash this. 3 prop rotation of Willison Jensen and Marty will carry us through. still have so much speed out wide. hold the ball we win

And he has shown Darius Boyd levels of regression this year. I don't think we need to see another year of it.

He was looking great last year until his jaw was smashed. This year he has a busted knee and look what a busted knee has done to Haas of all players.

I back him to come good and even if he doesn't, what do we have to lose paying him minimum wage?

Alright, I'm back in Aus which means back to boredom, so here we go, pre-game head to head. Strap yourselves in:

1. Sloan (Dragons) - But let's be honest, we are scraping the bottom of the barrel here, Sloan is a winger but he is a regular first grader so wins here by default
2. Oates (Broncos) - I am partial to the guy, he's a club legend and I want him to come out and prove the doubters wrong
3. Staggs (Broncos) - He is the best centre out there by a distance...will he prove it?
4. Suli (Dragons) - Total rocks and diamonds player but has the ability to make our lives very difficult all night
5. Arthars (Broncos) - Let's be honest, Jesse has been very underwhelming since coming back in, I'm backing him to come good this week
6. Mam (Broncos) - Flanagan is better than he gets credit for but he's a Flanagan, so forget everything I just said
7. Marschke (Dragons) - Goodness me who the heck knows, this is a battle royale of two blokes who really would not have been expecting to play this year, so whichever screws up least will win it
8. Molo (Dragons) - Jensen is massively underrated but so it Molo, should be a good battle
9. Liddle (Dragons) - Walters is perhaps in career worst form right now, Liddle is going ok
10. Willison (Broncos) - Harsh on De Bellin but its De Bellin, he deserves nothing and Xman has been great all year
11. Piakura (Broncos) - He's come good again since ditching the head gear, a real weapon in a team of nobodies
12. Su'A (Dragons) - Great, he will have a massive point to prove being dropped from origin AND against his old team, he's going to tear us to shreds
13. Eisenhuth (Dragons) - I fully suspect Hetherington will actually start here but if Smoothy holds his own, that might be a sneak peak at where his future lie - replacing Hetherington on the bench, even so Eisenhuth is a proven first grade forward

14. Sele (Dragons) - I am expecting Mozer to come out and make a statement but in games where he has been expected to do so in lower grades, he hasn't really done it, Sele always plays well against us so this is a no brainer
15. Leilua (Dragons) - Honestly Hetherington is going so badly right now, he is lucky to be in the team anywhere and Leilua is destructive on his day
16. Couchman (Dragons) - Well he's a forward and Karapani isn't but that said, I expect Semu will come in here for us on game day
17. Taupau (Broncos) - Has had a second wind since his recall to the starting side

10-7 to the Dragons but there are a couple of caveats. One is that the halfback is a default win to the Dragons but I think Rogers will really impress now he has got the multi-week shot he has never had before. I also think Semu comes on to the bench probably for Karapani and I think Bird also slots in somewhere, maybe centre.

Just quietly, how the **** are we favourites and by some margin too?
The betting agency’s know something. There’ll be big money coming in for the dragons.

Important game as there aren't that many rounds left and the table is crowded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Astro
  • Lostboy
  • Alec
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.