PRE-GAME [Round 19, 2024] Broncos vs Dragons

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if Karapani might replace Oates late as he has a knee injury which I think he’s been carrying for some time and would explain his massive drop in speed.

In any case, I feel 99% sure Semu is debuting this week.

I wonder if Karapani might replace Oates late as he has a knee injury which I think he’s been carrying for some time and would explain his massive drop in speed.

In any case, I feel 99% sure Semu is debuting this week.
I fear if Semu doesn't we'll be conceeding a couple of hundred kilos to their pack. Even with him we'll be light on. Surely it's ducks and drakes to keep pressure off him until game day?

So your plan is to drop our regular starting hooker so that a two game rookie can replace him or a bench hooker playing lock transitions to hooker effectively playing 80 minutes. If our halves go down, we move our fullback, winger and bench Centre into positions that none of them have ever played at first grade level before.

All during a game in which 5 of our regular starters are missing at a time when 13 of our top 30 players are unavailable.

Mchunt. Did Billy bang your Mrs or something mate?
Wait, have you looked at the team list? We're already playing a hooker in the forwards and a rookie on the bench. Complaints are we're not fielding another muscle. I was responding to that. You agree that Billy is only good for a short burst, right? Jesse has played fullback and Tristan has played in the halves.

Your reply makes no sense.

Why do you think that is mate?

I am eager to hear your view on this topic, I don't think we've covered it before.
Are you saying it's nepotism again? They're your words, not mine.

By the way, you two look so damn cute together.

Are you saying it's nepotism again? They're your words, not mine.

By the way, you two look so damn cute together.

I didn't say anything, I asked for your thoughts.

We should have had a rocket after the titans performance…
We don't do rockets.

Just keep turning the ball over and making ourselves do more tackling. I'd be interested to know when the last time we completed near 90% was.

We don't do rockets.

Just keep turning the ball over and making ourselves do more tackling. I'd be interested to know when the last time we completed near 90% was.
First half against sharks I think. It all went to crud after

First half against sharks I think. It all went to crud after
I think we were at like 89% for the first half of the Panthers game (can remember it from the halftime show)... ended up being 77% by the end, but we were chasing points after they assed that try when no one went after the botched midfield bomb

- Oatesy wants to retire a one club player so it is either extend with the Broncs or retire

If he wants to stay on minimum wage, we should absolutely keep him. Yes he is showing so many signs of slowing down but he is very experienced and who else out there can offer what he does for the same price? Extending him should be a no brainer

So your plan is to drop our regular starting hooker so that a two game rookie can replace him or a bench hooker playing lock transitions to hooker effectively playing 80 minutes. If our halves go down, we move our fullback, winger and bench Centre into positions that none of them have ever played at first grade level before.

All during a game in which 5 of our regular starters are missing at a time when 13 of our top 30 players are unavailable.

Mchunt. Did Billy bang your Mrs or something mate?
Whatever you do, don't use a yawning emoji.

- Oatesy wants to retire a one club player so it is either extend with the Broncs or retire

If he wants to stay on minimum wage, we should absolutely keep him. Yes he is showing so many signs of slowing down but he is very experienced and who else out there can offer what he does for the same price? Extending him should be a no brainer
I don’t think he plays on. We won’t offer him a contract IMO.

Min wage only for Oates because honestly what’s the downside, hell you could even subsidise him assuming Reynolds hasn’t taken it all and he’d cost like 50k if that on the cap.

He can be the 10-15min benchie though when he gets picked, no more wing unless we have an injury mid-game

I'd offer Oates a min wage contract. Can play on the bench or BR. If we have another season injury riddled next year we will probably need him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Sproj
  • bb_gun
  • Yellowfella
  • Astro
  • Lostboy
  • Alec
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.