POST GAME [Round 19, 2024] Broncos vs Dragons

Broncapz

Broncapz

NRL Player
May 1, 2016
Marty, or an old head like Marty, is handy to have around all these young forwards.

Our forwards need to watch tape of what Marty has been doing the last month or so. He's been absolutely huge. Even Haas and Carrigan, aren't doing what he's been doing as far was getting us momentum and upsetting their defensive line.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Our forwards need to watch tape of what Marty has been doing the last month or so. He's been absolutely huge. Even Haas and Carrigan, aren't doing what he's been doing as far was getting us momentum and upsetting their defensive line.
He has, but it's also true his clock is inevitably running out. We don't want to be sitting in the chair when it stops.

thenry

thenry

QCup Player
Jul 20, 2017
In fairness to Kevvie, we don't know whether he's prepared drop his son yet, but we soon will. It's always been a looming disaster postponed by a few good games last season.
He's not going to drop him, given he singled him out for praise.

B

bazza

NRL Player
Sep 24, 2013
Marty, or an old head like Marty, is handy to have around all these young forwards.
Agreed. Particularly for someone like Willison and Te Kura. I don't think Haas will ever be an aggressive type player, but Willison and Te Kura can be. They could learn a lot from Taupau on and off the field.

B

bazza

NRL Player
Sep 24, 2013
In fairness to Kevvie, we don't know whether he's prepared drop his son yet, but we soon will. It's always been a looming disaster postponed by a few good games last season.
I think Kevvie would be willing to drop Billy to the bench, but then Kevvie would put Smoothy on to start because Mozer is not ready to start. So that means Mozer is probably more so in direct competition with Smoothy.

However, I think the real competition should be between Walters and Smoothy on who is in the team as the starting hooker. We cannot have a hooker rotation of both Walters and Smoothy any longer, especially if it means Mozer misses out on a bench spot.

The bench spot should be Mozer's until he is ready to takeover full time as a starting hooker. If Billy Walters cannot find last year's form, then my preference would be to have a hooker rotation of Smoothy and Mozer going forward. Smoothy has overall been better than Walters this season, so he probably does not deserve to miss out on a spot in the team.

K

Kev_Guz

BRL Player
Apr 5, 2019
There has been a few things the last month I haven't liked seeing. Against the Warriors Mairner got pushed over the sideline and roughed up over near the fence, no Bronco came over and pushed and told the Warrior to piss off.

If that was Penrith or Storm, 10 of them are over there.
This has been a concern for quite a while. The thing that worried me alot last night after the game the players seperated into their own little groups after the match on field and weren't talking to anyone outside of that group.
Worse the only group that genuinely seemed utterly pissed off was Riki, piakura and arthars.
After losses like these without any answers in site the concern is seperation of the playing group, disharmony and finger pointing, IF this is going on we won't get out of this slump.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
I think Kevvie would be willing to drop Billy to the bench, but then Kevvie would put Smoothy on to start because Mozer is not ready to start. So that means Mozer is probably more so in direct competition with Smoothy.

However, I think the real competition should be between Walters and Smoothy on who is in the team as the starting hooker. We cannot have a hooker rotation of both Walters and Smoothy any longer, especially if it means Mozer misses out on a bench spot.

The bench spot should be Mozer's until he is ready to takeover full time as a starting hooker. If Billy Walters cannot find last year's form, then my preference would be to have a hooker rotation of Smoothy and Mozer going forward. Smoothy has overall been better than Walters this season, so he probably does not deserve to miss out on a spot in the team.
I don't see any reason why Mozer couldn't start, but let's say he doesn't.

If Mozer has the wheels, I could forsee something like this:

Smoothy: off after 25 minutes.
Mozer: on until full time.
Smoothy: into lock sometime after half time. Shifts to dummy half if Mozer needs rest.
Mozer: goes off if needs rest, bench forward comes on to replace Smoothy.

So Smoothy is essentially covering two positions.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
There has been a few things the last month I haven't liked seeing. Against the Warriors Mairner got pushed over the sideline and roughed up over near the fence, no Bronco came over and pushed and told the Warrior to piss off.

If that was Penrith or Storm, 10 of them are over there.
Then after that Mariner runs over to help cnk up from a tackle. That’s just a head scratcher to me.

P

phoenix

May 23, 2019
We were missing origin players, they were missing origin players, but deadset, Tristan Sailor is an absolute plodder. Don't want to blame a single player, or play, but I'll be wrapped when he's gone.
You could see Tristan sailor doesn't want to be there. He mind on playing in super league

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
The Broncos right hand side; couldn't come up with an answer to any variation.

First try- Staggs didn't double defend.
Second try- Riki only has eyes on Flanagan.
Third try-Broncos are so worried about Sloan out the back they don't worry about the floating pass to the winger- again. It was 4 v 2.
Try after HT- Staggs came up stopped and Arthars had to wait and it's a 5 v 4.

Staggs was rocks and diamonds .
No comment on Rogers and his goal line efforts ?And his attack ? Dunno how he is making breaks on the left side in Q Cup he looks even slower than Oates !

ozzball

ozzball

QCup Player
Mar 17, 2013
This is just a post to say how much I enjoy reading what you guys have to say, loads of intelligent insight and constructive discussion ... I've been a rusted-on Broncs supporter since '88 but I have to tell ya' .. right now I've never felt more distant from the club. I'm asking myself why should I spend a few hundred bucks of my pension each year to buy a season ticket when I only get half a game of effort. If I pay to catch a train from Ipswich to Brisbane I expect to get off at Milton .. not Darra. How do we come within 20 minutes of a premiership one year and go down like a sinking-ship the next? (rhetorical) Thanks for listening.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
This is just a post to say how much I enjoy reading what you guys have to say, loads of intelligent insight and constructive discussion ... I've been a rusted-on Broncs supporter since '88 but I have to tell ya' .. right now I've never felt more distant from the club. I'm asking myself why should I spend a few hundred bucks of my pension each year to buy a season ticket when I only get half a game of effort. If I pay to catch a train from Ipswich to Brisbane I expect to get off at Milton .. not Darra. How do we come within 20 minutes of a premiership one year and go down like a sinking-ship the next? (rhetorical) Thanks for listening.
How's this for a deal: you continue to watch us on TV, and not pay big bucks to go to a match until we're on a roll again?

Best offer I can do.

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
sport should be fun and entertaining mate.

if you're not getting value from it, don't invest. financially, emotionally or whatever else.

focus your happiness on other pursuits.

Manofoneway

Manofoneway

NRL Player
May 22, 2022
I'm going to enjoy watching us rise out of this slump. The lads have not forgotten how to play and the Coaches have not forgotten how to coach. The mojo is in there somewhere and it will come back in spades at some point.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
I just want to say that Sloan seems like a complete fuckstick. Most of his career so far he has been fucking hopeless (even now he is a liability), you would think he would be a bit huimble.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
I just want to say that Sloan seems like a complete fuckstick.

Certainly seemed to be the consensus as far as some of our players were concerned. 2 or 3 were really going after him during the game.

I didn't really see what he did to upset them so much in the first place. (?)

Santa

Santa

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jun 30, 2020
Certainly seemed to be the consensus as far as some of our players were concerned. 2 or 3 were really going after him during the game.

I didn't really see what he did to upset them so much in the first place. (?)
I think him and Billy got into a tussle because he wouldn't give Billy the ball after a handover. Might have said something too. I liked angry Walters, and even Mam. Need more of that.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
I think him and Billy got into a tussle because he wouldn't give Billy the ball after a handover. Might have said something too. I liked angry Walters, and even Mam. Need more of that.
Cool beats angry every time.

Unread

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Skyblues87
  • Accept
  • Porthoz
  • ParraMania
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • BroncosAlways
  • pennywisealfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.