POST GAME [Round 19, 2024] Broncos vs Dragons

I can't help but feel cynical about the comeback there and how the Broncos were managed into the game. Just about every call went their way and possession is king in the game. Early on, it seemed like St George had a better whistle but not to that extent.

Like others, happy with the performance of Mozer. Brisbane better offer Mozer a contract extension now and play him for the rest of the year, otherwise he'll be off to the Roosters.

Hopefully Willison's shoulder is OK, can ill afford anymore injuries.

I'd have to think Mam thought he was kicking for Mariner, only to find Karaipani was on the wing. The sudden switch afterwards makes me think there was a breakdown in communication. I wonder if Oatesy could beat Karaipani in a race?

Smoothy to start with Mozer coming off the bench? Can't see it happening though. Billy pulling up lame at training might save dad a hard decision.

Can't wait for Walsh to come back so we don't need to play Sailor anymore. Rogers was really bad. Oates is slow, but at least he knows how to tackle. Arthars getting better each week (same with Piakura). Mozers passing is awesome.
thought Arthars was our best tonight. Piakura will miss a few weeks for that tackle, not because it was late.. Just because it was a halfback.

A good second half fightback but they never looked like winning that game. At least their f/a remains in the positive. But they'll need to finish 6-1 to steal a playoff spot. That isn't happening and reality suggests that they will finish sub .500.

Billy started well and had the boys rolling good the first 10 mins til we turned to shit.

It’s a shame Staggs rocks up after a rocket from Walters at half time. He was our captain and copped 2-3 tries from trash defence and that sin bin destroyed us. He got us back in it but why’s it take him ruining our chances for him to fire up. Play like that from the first minute you flog

Why on earth would we drop billy? hes our utility hooker/half. He also scored our only points in the first half lol. Smoothy would be unlucky to miss out, i think hes a better hooker than Billy but he doesnt offer the same utility value.
Billy scored a try, yes. He also gave away a few penalties as does so most weeks..
Again, I’ll come back to when Billy left the field and Blake came on, we scored all our points.

I keep saying, we will never win a premiership with Walters at 9. We don't need average in our otherwise excellent spine.

We are so average without Flegs, Herbie, Palasia and Capewell. Until we re-build our forward stocks we are ... average. And I really am having doubts about Kevvie. I mean, we suck at the basics. For goodness sake.

Kevvy needs to lose his shit over the not grounded try. Show a bit of fire.

It was a bit controversial but let's be real here, there was absolutely no way the bunker could overturn that.

The on-field decision was try. The bunker had no choice but to award it because you couldn't see whether the point of the ball got down or not.

Honestly, put that down to the ref somehow having a view of that ball being grounded. Very much a try being awarded because of the celebration, Cobbo should take note.

It can’t be ignored that we clicked the moment that Walters came off and Mozer came on.
We cannot carry two 9’s on the bench, I’d be dropping Billy but I can’t see dad doing that.
Not that Smoothy offered much, but surely if he were to drop Billy that would send a pretty clear message through the playing group. And let’s be honest Billy isn’t having the impact he had last year.
Lastly, we won’t see reyno again this year. We have to win 6/7 to make the 8.
There is simply no point in playing him.
Walters wasn't the one letting in soft tries on our edges or being sent off for 10. It's a different game starting the game vs coming on for the last 30. It's the same logic that had everyone going on about Turpin.

In saying that, I think it might be worth keeping Mozer on the bench - I don't think Smoothy has that bench impact anymore. But given how crap Rogers was, maybe put Billy at 7, Smoothy at 9 and Mozer at 14 (at least until Reynolds is back).

One thing that makes the comeback a little less heartening is that 2-3 of our second half tries came from beating some of the worst attempts at tackle you'll ever see from Sloan.

Billy scored a try, yes. He also gave away a few penalties as does so most weeks..
Again, I’ll come back to when Billy left the field and Blake came on, we scored all our points.
yeah i agree! I dont disagree with Mozer being a huge game changer tonight, was awesome and i think he should be our bench hooker for sure.. I just think that three times this season, we have lost a half and had to slot Billy into the halves. I dont think he gets dropped because he provides utility value over Smoothy.

Unfair for Smoothy, i think hes the better hooker.

Definitely some dumb stuff and moments they will want back - the sin bin for a start. But honestly, given the outs coming in, and then some of the interesting calls we got, it was good to see them come back after going down what looked an insurmountable amount of points.

I thought we actually started fairly well, with Willison and Hethrington running some good lines. They weathered being a man down until the last ten seconds, which was disappointing, and then the lack of depth on the bench kicked in, and combined with those interesting calls it quickly snowballed. Wilson and Mozer coming back and on respectively, and Tapau running with heat, and we finally got some momentum back and showed we do remember how to score.

Living life on a razor's edge from here on out for sure, but doesn't that just make life more interesting? Hopefully we get a bit of luck with players back from injury and Origin, and we build on some of the good stuff we did these last two weeks.

Ban incoming for positivity?

Active Now

• barker
  • Hurrijo
  • Dee
  • Griffo
  • Broncosgirl
  • Sproj
  • BroncosAlways
  • Foordy
  • I bleed Maroon
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.