POST GAME [Round 19, 2024] Broncos vs Dragons

Ok, if this is an 80s sports action movie, this is the point where we clap hands in the dressing room, have an awesome winning montage, and come up with the freak miracle play that wins us the big match gainst this snooty middle schoolers.
Then we get to kiss the prom Queen!

Billy started well and had the boys rolling good the first 10 mins til we turned to shit.

It’s a shame Staggs rocks up after a rocket from Walters at half time. He was our captain and copped 2-3 tries from trash defence and that sin bin destroyed us. He got us back in it but why’s it take him ruining our chances for him to fire up. Play like that from the first minute you flog
Nah, Billy has a very average passing game from dummy half and continues to go high in defence when the first player to the tackle instead of going low. It was no coincidence that we clicked in the second half with Billy off the field and Mozer on.

"What does it mean for kevvie to storm out..."
Mal " well he's not happy..."

Thanks, mal

Billy scored a try, yes. He also gave away a few penalties as does so most weeks..
Again, I’ll come back to when Billy left the field and Blake came on, we scored all our points.
Could be because we also decided to hold onto the ball for more than 2 sets in a row. Mozer looked great but game opened up a bit by then. Billy was one of the few decent players in that first half and has a crack when others dont.

I kind of think alot of our issues are coming from dummy half. We got away with hookers that never ran last year because we could afford to with so much strike power but now we just look like a team that receives the ball flat footed after every tackle. They don't even have to even run, we just need some sort of momentum around the ruck for our forwards to run onto. I would not be surprised to see Mozer in the team next week.
Been saying it for a while, our hookers don't create enough momentum. Hopefully Mozer keeps the 14 after tonight.

I can't help but feel cynical about the comeback there and how the Broncos were managed into the game. Just about every call went their way and possession is king in the game. Early on, it seemed like St George had a better whistle but not to that extent.

Like others, happy with the performance of Mozer. Brisbane better offer Mozer a contract extension now and play him for the rest of the year, otherwise he'll be off to the Roosters.

Hopefully Willison's shoulder is OK, can ill afford anymore injuries.

I'd have to think Mam thought he was kicking for Mariner, only to find Karaipani was on the wing. The sudden switch afterwards makes me think there was a breakdown in communication. I wonder if Oatesy could beat Karaipani in a race?
Agreed. We were always going to get some calls in the 2nd half.

Boy we make it hard on ourselves. It feels like we don't have a baseline of play style like most other sides.

We rely on individual brilliance more than any other side, so when our brilliant players are missing, we are always going to be more heavily affected.

Ezra's trying hard, but halves can't do shit when we have 3 'good ball' sets in 60 minutes.

Not Sailors worst game but it really makes you think that anyone with a modicum of talent can make it to first grade if they have the right contacts and training etc.

Everyone looked better once Mozer got us going with those crisp wide passes.
It's a different game when you aren't running into 3 defenders all the time and getting folded.
I'm not getting the Mam hate. He is 22 and is supposed to be learning from Reyno .
Rogers will be a different player with the Origin boys back.
At any rate, Mozer needs to be in the 17 if only to get some games up for next year.
He looked at home in the NRL, even when he wasn't at dummy half he dropped into the structure as a half on a block play.
Small sample size but has left KW with an easy choice.
How do we keep Wilison and Mozer in the next couple of years.

Active Now

• Behind enemy lines
  • Waynesaurus
  • scobie
  • broncos4life
  • Aldo
  • Gaz
  • Xarr
  • Shane Tronc
  • LittleDavey
  • Wolfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.