POST GAME [Round 19, 2024] Broncos vs Dragons

It’s Hail Mary stuff. Yeah it’s great when a team pulls it off but more often than not it doesn’t work. You think Staggs will barge over 3 defenders every week if we just keep passing to him early?
Lets just wait and see. None of our losses have come from our attack. Errors, discipline and Defence (although we have shown some pretty resilient defence at times).

I'd love to know why we can't defend like Penrith.
We find it impossible to slow the ruck, constantly backpedalling from 1 out runs because we only have 2 in a tackle.
Marty does it but he's about the only one.
We definitely are not being coached for it.

TBF we got a call our way with Ravalawa try sent up no try.
He looked like he got that down.
I didn't think he got that one. It was a 50/50 call. Maybe I'm biased, but I'm a noted hard marker on the Broncos.

The bigger team won. The error from Sailor, Mam, and can't remember the one that opened the scoring.

We aren't the same team without Reynolds. It's frustrating, but 26-30 is respectable considering.

I'd love to know why we can't defend like Penrith.
We find it impossible to slow the ruck, constantly backpedalling from 1 out runs because we only have 2 in a tackle.
Marty does it but he's about the only one.
We definitely are not being coached for it.

we're being coached to play high risk footy that relies way too much on individual brilliance. It's borderline laziness from the coaching staff that they are incapable of building a well disciplined, hungry footy side FIRST.

Lets just wait and see. None of our losses have come from our attack. Errors, discipline and Defence (although we have shown some pretty resilient defence at times).
Agree. Our biggest issue is ball control. The last month we’ve hardly gotten out of our half. But once we do we can’t get any attack going either. Other teams just seem to have set plays they can go to and get points when in position. We don’t seem to have anything.

I’m not doing any ref blaming, but **** me dead if the ref from tonight is not the most mong looking ref of all time. I cannot trust any of his calls because of his Neanderthal looking head.

First time poster, long time lurker.

This is shit. The Walters press conference inspired me as much as Seibold did when he was lost for answers. Walters is done, and if not there should be a member and shareholder revolt. Even with injuries and attrition, the quality of player on the field is better than this in attack and particularly defense. Attention needs to be given to recruitment and retention for getting too many idiots that can run fast but can't make smart decisions.

First player sacked needs to be Billy Walters. Sailor will follow, but he is depth for a reason. B. Walters is good for a rare defensive hit and goal line try but **** me what a hopeless spud in general play. His ability to give away penalties or repeat sets is without peer in this game. No football IQ or courage to take the line on routinely before passing; a genuine hand break of the team.

I can understand a father wishing the best for his son, however the comments in the interview overlooking Mozer for more nepotism is inexcusable.

If you take 23 out of the equation which we had no injury’s and everything went right. Walters record with a very good squad is fucking shit…..seriously is this club going to actually start having the hard chats?

We don’t look like a team that’s coached well. Im beating a dead horse here “I know” but **** I can’t handle another wasted year.

We lost this game due to bad decisions from Kev. Our big forwards did not have near enough minutes as they should have and we lacked players with size due to the bench consisting of 2 dummy halves and a centre. I understand we have a lot of injuries but you need to match dragons forward pack otherwise you will get bullied through the middle (which is what happened). Smoothy was stiched up by playing lock the whole game and got targeted as expected. Billy walters offers zero creativity and average passing and consistently gives players the ball flat footed and can’t drive momentum. We started playing footy once mozer came on and gave decent service to our halves and forwards and seemed to be getting them involved.

I’d like to say I can’t believe what I heard in that press conference but I sure fucking can. Bye bye mozer. Oh man this is going to get ugly.

Agree. Our biggest issue is ball control. The last month we’ve hardly gotten out of our half. But once we do we can’t get any attack going either. Other teams just seem to have set plays they can go to and get points when in position. We don’t seem to have anything.
I don’t think Kev knows how to run any set plays lol. The reason why we have fell off since reynolds has left is because Reynolds was coaching that fkn team and actually creating set plays for them.

Why on earth would we drop billy? hes our utility hooker/half. He also scored our only points in the first half lol. Smoothy would be unlucky to miss out, i think hes a better hooker than Billy but he doesnt offer the same utility value.
My thoughts exactly.
Mozer must be in the 17.

Active Now

• marw
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Waynesaurus
  • scobie
  • broncos4life
  • Aldo
  • Gaz
  • Xarr
  • Shane Tronc
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.