POST GAME [Round 19, 2024] Broncos vs Dragons

Yeah it was kinda rhetorical. I mean, surely we practise our backline plays right?

FFS we went from Pies training our players for different plays in every 10 metre section of the field, to what looks like U12...Give it to the good kid, and hope for the best.

Can we get a middle ground coach please.

I'd be happy with Billy being our 7 next week, Smoothy starting then Mozer coming on for a stint or the rest of the game.
Cannot be any worse than the pile of steaming 💩 that Rogers served up.
It’s hard to split who is worse… Rogers or Madden?

Cannot be any worse than the pile of steaming 💩 that Rogers served up.
It’s hard to split who is worse… Rogers or Madden?
I dont blame the halfback mate. It’s not their problem that they havent been coached to run proper backline plays. Any halfback that gets thrown in that role is going to get stiched up because they have to rely on improvisation instead of being coached a proper gameplan. Reynolds can do it because he is experienced and has worked with many systems during his playing career.

How the **** do the dragons manage to look professional in running sweep plays, and we can't execute one to save ourselves....

The Broncos right hand side; couldn't come up with an answer to any variation.

First try- Staggs didn't double defend.
Second try- Riki only has eyes on Flanagan.
Third try-Broncos are so worried about Sloan out the back they don't worry about the floating pass to the winger- again. It was 4 v 2.
Try after HT- Staggs came up stopped and Arthars had to wait and it's a 5 v 4.

I don’t think anyone at the club can hold their head high this year, I really don’t.
Backing up a stellar season with this putrid attitude has been a disgrace.
I know we’ve had our injuries and Origin is a killer, but we just squandered a year with supreme talent on the roster due to the coaching imo. Contracts for our stars only get bigger from here and we will have less talent in the coming years.

Can we talk about what Sloan did to the players wives?! WTF was all the hostility???

On a happier note…
Marty!!!
I really hope ALL the other 29 players watched him for those hit ups off the kick off. If the younger blokes could take that and learn from it, wow!
Imagine Te Kura, Willison or Haas running it like that 🤤

Can we talk about what Sloan did to the players wives?! WTF was all the hostility???

It's not hostility, it's niggle. It's psychological warfare. It gets the better of us EVERY time and teams are awake to it now.

I don’t think anyone at the club can hold their head high this year, I really don’t.
I know we’ve had our injuries and Origin is a killer, but we just squandered a year with supreme talent on the roster due to the coaching imo. Contracts for our stars only get bigger from here and we will have less talent in the coming years.

I dont think you can fault Carrigan, he's been immense really and Willison and Jenson have also stepped up on a regular basis. Some others have struggled because of injury so its difficult to get a read on some of them.

Agreed. We were always going to get some calls in the 2nd half.

Boy we make it hard on ourselves. It feels like we don't have a baseline of play style like most other sides.

We rely on individual brilliance more than any other side, so when our brilliant players are missing, we are always going to be more heavily affected.

Ezra's trying hard, but halves can't do shit when we have 3 'good ball' sets in 60 minutes.
Get out of my head!!

I literally just said this to a mate.

most of that supreme talent on the roster has been fucking injured or otherwise missing games.

It doesn't matter if your name is Craig Bellamy, Ivan Cleary, Wayne Bennett or Kevin Walters ... if you lose your gun half, your gun full back, have to name a different backrow every game and throw in a spate of other injuries. you're going to struggle.

hell, I don't recall another injury crisis so bad (for any team) that a full 22 man squad couldn't be name on TLT.

why do people suck Jensen off as much as they do? He’s a stat man. He has zero impact. Slow play the balls, no offload, no big hits and no slowing down the ruck. The bloke really provides nothing unless he’s surrounded by Carrigan, Haas, Flegler, Palasia…

And other than 2 random hits, wtf is Piakura’s role in this team? Can’t run a decoy to save his life and made 35metres in 80 mins. Wtf is that.

I don’t think Kev knows how to run any set plays lol. The reason why we have fell off since reynolds has left is because Reynolds was coaching that fkn team and actually creating set plays for them.
If that's true why isn't he doing it still.
He's injured, not dead.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Hurrijo
  • Sproj
  • Griffo
  • BroncosAlways
  • Foordy
  • I bleed Maroon
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.