PRE-GAME Round 19 - Rabbitohs vs Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never thought seriously about using Waddell off the bench to be honest. There is absolutely no point in having an x factor (whatever the **** that is !) player on the field if the circumstances that allow for that mystical ability is not present ! We havent been tiring out those big forwards and the game against the dogs highlighted that. As I wrote earlier we have three small guys, not noted for their great defence on the paddock when Nikorima is playing. Hunt and Milford are little more than speed bumps and that makes us very vulnerable especially when our heaviest bodies are relative lightweights.

The points you guys are making are all valid though and there are no obvious easy answers. The thing I like about Waddell is he is wholly committed and that's sorely lacking. We have Nikorima playing a specific role but if the circumstances don't exist then what the **** use is he ? He is a liability everywhere we put him and it's unlikely he will be used to move Hunt or Milford so as a utility he is not good enough.

Your last line Porthoz is unworthy and all I have written is that Macca is no saviour if the team as a collective is'nt doing what it needs to do.I did write that Macca would make no difference if the rest are putting in a bad performance and so it was proven. I acknowledge Macca's influence, his familiarity and the other things he brings but I will always believe that a wholly committed, slightly less talented player has a place.
Nikorima showed his value last season when he came on for Macca and often quickly created a line break or a line break assist, a try or a try assist here and there.
There's nothing mystical about it... his X-factor is his running game and speed, which is very handy around tired forwards, like we saw then.

This season, his value has indeed tumbled down, because not only can we not contain most opposition packs, we can barely get over the advantage line, and we are constantly losing the ruck battle.
Hunt and Milford's defense is only a worry because of said lost battle, meaning we can't present a cohesive line and more often than not have to try stopping a rampaging forward at full steam, instead of one who is just winding up.
Waddell wouldn't present much of an advantage for us on that front either, with his 1cm extra height over Kodi, even if he is a better defender, because for that purpose we are much batter having an actual forward on the bench.

You may have said that Macca is no saviour, but what you inferred, was that he would make no more difference than Waddell would, and used the Storm game to support that notion.
My point is that Waddell is not as good as Macca, he's not close to being as good as Macca, and that is based on the many years both have played NRL, not on a small sample of a few weeks!
Waddell is a better depth option than I thought he would be, but as committed as he may be, that is really all that he is.

Nikorima showed his value last season when he came on for Macca and often quickly created a line break or a line break assist, a try or a try assist here and there.
There's nothing mystical about it... his X-factor is his running game and speed, which is very handy around tired forwards, like we saw then.

This season, his value has indeed tumbled down, because not only can we not contain most opposition packs, we can barely get over the advantage line, and we are constantly losing the ruck battle.
Hunt and Milford's defense is only a worry because of said lost battle, meaning we can't present a cohesive line and more often than not have to try stopping a rampaging forward at full steam, instead of one who is just winding up.
Waddell wouldn't present much of an advantage for us on that front either, with his 1cm extra height over Kodi, even if he is a better defender, because for that purpose we are much batter having an actual forward on the bench.

You may have said that Macca is no saviour, but what you inferred, was that he would make no more difference than Waddell would, and used the Storm game to support that notion.
My point is that Waddell is not as good as Macca, he's not close to being as good as Macca, and that is based on the many years both have played NRL, not on a small sample of a few weeks!
Waddell is a better depth option than I thought he would be, but as committed as he may be, that is really all that he is.
Cool man....got no argument with you....I like him , don't care what others think, love players who are committed, we think differently, peace unto you

for what its worth, scarlett hs been slaying them in q cup. i would throw him on the bench to give us some spark when the big boys get tired.

He certainly did a job on the Blackhawks; two tries showing his running skills, try for Fai showing his passing, try for Archer showing his kicking and chasing.

As much as i dislike Jack Reed I think the broncos weak link over the past few weeks has been the fact that we haven't been able to field the same side once. We need to get back to the side that was winning games. if i was to make a change the only thing i would do is drop Knik to ISC and maybe play 4 forwards on the bench, at least against teams like bulldogs who have a big forward pack

As much as i dislike Jack Reed I think the broncos weak link over the past few weeks has been the fact that we haven't been able to field the same side once. We need to get back to the side that was winning games. if i was to make a change the only thing i would do is drop Knik to ISC and maybe play 4 forwards on the bench, at least against teams like bulldogs who have a big forward pack

I blame Reed too. Everyone knows how much he sucks, so all the players have lifted their games to compensate. With him gone they have dropped off.

:takdir:

Things just got worse for Souths.

They are in bad form, they will be missing several players as well.

If Broncos lose this game, you can kiss goodbye the premiership this year. They won't be winning it if they lose this game.

Running the ball confidently,that's what we want them doing.

My Team List v Souths

1 Darius Boyd
2 Corey Oates
3 Jaydn Su'A
4 James Roberts
5 Jordan Kahu
6 Anthony Milford
7 Ben Hunt
8 Josh McGuire
9 Andrew McCullough
10 Adam Blair
11 Alex Glenn
12 Matt Gillett
13 Corey Parker (c)

14 Jarrod Wallace
15 Sam Thaiday
16 Tevita Pangai Junior
17 Kodi Nikorima
18 Jack Reed
19 Travis Waddell

Go in with 19, love it!

After watching the 2015 highlights for the 73rd time, I have worked out what we have been missing this year. It's the heritage jersey.

And offloads.

After watching the 2015 highlights for the 73rd time, I have worked out what we have been missing this year. It's the heritage jersey.

And offloads.

I still blame the lack of heritage jersey for our grand final loss.

And offloads.

I loved our heritage jersey

I hope all the origin players are rested.

We can't afford to rest them.

I don't think any of the Origin boys will be rested until we start winning some games.

The problem with broncos is non origin player are not stepping up. Only three forwards player are perform well better than other players, Maguire, parker and Wallace. If kevin walter joining the broncos, may be that will help broncos attack and halfback. If not then broncos gone struggle remaining season.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Painin the Haas
  • Robboi_321
  • Cavalo
  • broncoscope
  • Slippin Jimmy
  • Maroon4life
  • Foordy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Dexter
  • heartly87
  • jarro65
  • Dash
  • The True King
  • broncsgoat
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Skyblues87
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.