PRE-GAME Round 19 - Rabbitohs vs Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with broncos is non origin player are not stepping up. Only three forwards player are perform well better than other players, Maguire, parker and Wallace. If kevin walter joining the broncos, may be that will help broncos attack and halfback. If not then broncos gone struggle remaining season.

I rate Kevie, but fail to see how him not being there has made the halves forget how to play football

I rate Kevie, but fail to see how him not being there has made the halves forget how to play football
I don't think its the halves issue, they are down on confidence but as others have pointed out we aren't winning the battle in the middle, were being dominated in the ruck, and were struggling to field the same side twice in a row due to injuries... If we can fix those issues and give the halves some space to work as well as clear up the niggles the confidence will return... There are a few 'ifs' so who knows

Kodi nikroma could be sidelined for up to six weeks after dislocating his shoulder in last Friday's loss to the storm.

I reckon Hodges just made his players want to play good footie: run, support, pass and enjoy playing for each other.

I miss Hodges more than I thought I would

Kodi nikroma could be sidelined for up to six weeks after dislocating his shoulder in last Friday's loss to the storm.

So Waddell on the bench. I just pray we don't lose any centres or wingers in the middle of a game, because the thought of him in the backs is frightening.

Joe O is playing fullback for Souths today lol

Edit: maybe not. He was named there though

Last edited:
It's actually Broncos NYC back Nikau Te Rupe.

Poor start from the Magpies thus far.

Yeah, but I am certain the commentators said he was playing fullback when going through the team lists.

Yeah, but I am certain the commentators said he was playing fullback when going through the team lists.

You're right mate, that's how Hannany has named the side.

However, it's just one of those lazy team-lists.

The team is really...

2. Nikau Te Rupe
3. Cameron Booth
12. Dan Tamou
4. Marion Seve
5. Luke Archer
6. Phil Dennis
7. Sam Scarlett
8. Herman Ese'ese
9. Travis Waddell
17. Joe Ofahengaue

11. Leon Panapa
10. Tevita Pangai Jr
13. Joe Boyce

1. Brad Frith
14. Dan Russell
15. Francis Fifita
16. AJ Tuimavave

Ese'ese just forced a goal-line drop out.

The Magpies are in all sorts.

Last edited:
The Seagulls have been all over the Magpies so far. Their line speed has been impeccable and they've been getting numbers into tackles. It's really thrown Souths off their game and the likes of Ese'ese, Ofahengaue, Pangai Jr etc. cannot handle it at the moment.

The Magpies are lucky to be trailing by 14. Wynnum have gone close on a couple of occasions whereas the lone try to the Magpies was off a wicked bounce that sat up perfectly for Archer.

None of the Broncos boys are setting the world on fire. Seve produced a nice in and away on Buckett but for the most part he's been kept quiet and has looked suspect in defence. The first try to Ogden came about because he didn't react to his inside defence and Ogden was able to race through a gaping hole in the defensive line. Not to mention, his contact at times has been fairly weak.

The pick of the bunch has been Joe Boyce. His work, particularly in defence has been the only thing to rattle the Gulls. Ofahengaue has had a couple of strong carries, but his defence is still a major concern.

In saying that, it has been a really good performance from Wynnum so far.

Great run by Ese'ese.

Wayne won't be impressed with the last pass, but I'm sure he'll appreciate the play all the same.

Ese'ese with another big play.

Late offload to Waddell, which saw the ball go to Seve and Marion was able to burn the cover defence with his speed and foot-work to score.

24-20 Seagulls with 12 to go.

Ese'ese just kicked the guy who was the marker.

Herman, Joe O and Seve had some nice plays.

Fun game to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • Allo
  • Battler
  • Johnny92
  • Fozz
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Wolfie
  • Dexter
  • Xzei
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • Hurrijo
  • heartly87
  • broncoscope
  • simplythebest
  • The True King
  • the_next
  • Cavalo
  • Foordy
  • Painin the Haas
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.