PRE-GAME Round 19 - Rabbitohs vs Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
hermans second half was outstanding, joe tried hard all day and worked well. tpj was a little off for me today.
te rupe is insane under a high ball, i have never been a big wrap on him but he is deadly in the air. i still think he is a long way off and also is a bit timid on impact.
seve is quick and scored a good try but he is a risk defensively.

Yeah TPJ dropped one in a tackle. Apart from that I didn't notice him. The commentators said Ese'Ese dropped one earlier but I missed it. Joe looked pretty consistent. I didn't mind though as its good to see Wynnum continue their winning streak after a terrible start to the season.

It was great to see Wynnum get the ball to Gubby without drawing the entire defensive line over to him.

Last edited:
It was a good win to the Gulls.

I missed a fair chunk due to Turnbull's press conference, but for the majority of the contest they were the better side. Outside of Ese'ese's big efforts, I thought there was an element of luck to each of the Magpies tries and there was little the Gulls could do about it. As I said earlier, the Archer try was off the back of a freakish bounce that took Crowley out of the contest. The Boyce try was a complete fluke with Boyce missing the pass altogether, only for the Gulls defender to knock it infront of him to score. Then the final try to Panapa was a clear as day obstruction. Joe hit the outside shoulder of the defender (Seamark?) which opened the gap up for Panapa.

I thought for the most part, Souths were pretty poor. They couldn't handle the aggressive defensive line from the Seagulls and really struggled for direction. A few of the Broncos boys kept them in the contest, but I was disappointed that none of them led by example. Only Boyce went in with the right attitude, and again, Boyce is your tradesman depth player.

We need to do three things next week:

1. Get back the defensive starch
2. Play with energy
3. Offload at will

you want to do a black cat?

LOL don't swing that way mate :suspicious:

No it worked for the Sharks today letting one on the field lol may as well try something outside of the box.

We could make a voodoo doll of reggie the rabbitoh

Here's what we do.

We get someone to get a job at the stadium as a security guard.

We have him sneak in and spike their drinks.

A quick highlights reel of the Round 8 clash against the Rabbitohs.

I wanted to use the 'Why Do We Fall?' track from the Dark Knight Rises soundtrack, but unfortunately that's blocked in Australia. So I had to use a re-creation of it. Very similar, but not exactly the same.

Extended highlights coming soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a big game for us this week on a couple of fronts.

Souths have not improved since we played them so we will get an idea where we are at.

Secondly by winning we stay 2 points behind the Dogs and get to claw back some for and against. If we then settle back into a proper routine without the rep season distractions and refocus on the run into the semis it brings us to a rematch with the Dogs which IMO will decide who finishes fourth.

We have spanked the bunnies last 2 times we met them. Hopefully this is the game we turn it all around. Just win ffs.

13658836_1290593524301976_687509945_n.jpg

He's baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack

Where is the forward legend? And if we have to go with Maranta or Eden can we get Scott Minto involved, show them how it's done :laugh:

Last edited:
Not sure on what to make of that pic, he hasn't played for how long now and looks like he's through the line....

Hope he giving the halves some pointers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Stix
  • Foordy
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • BruiserMk1
  • Rambstien
  • johnny plath
  • Lozza
  • Browny
  • Xzei
  • Wolfie
  • Sproj
  • Waynesaurus
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Aldo
  • Robboi_321
  • Gaz
  • ChewThePhatt
  • theshed
  • broncos4life
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.