Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Didn't watch the game yet, but NRL.com says Carrigan had almost 200m. He's really coming into his own too.

He will be playing Origin next year, he will be Broncos Captain in 5 years. Getting better every week.

I was a little disappointed in Joe lastnight, he made a couple of pretty simple errors and was definitely outshone by the others. However, I like the guy and we have to remember he's also still pretty young for a forward, and he's coming off the back of his first origin series as well as a nasty knee injury - so I think the criticism is a bit harsh. He's definitely one of our best 17 going forward.

I was a little disappointed in Joe lastnight, he made a couple of pretty simple errors and was definitely outshone by the others. However, I like the guy and we have to remember he's also still pretty young for a forward, and he's coming off the back of his first origin series as well as a nasty knee injury - so I think the criticism is a bit harsh. He's definitely one of our best 17 going forward.

He is one of our best 17, but the the thing is that you have to balance the squad. Could the money have been better spent elsewhere? The Broncos will be desperate to re-sign Fifita too, and will probably want to upgrade Flegler... it'll make the total salary of the forwards absolutely massive.

Last edited:
He is one of our best 17, but the the thing is that you have to balance the squad. Could the money have been better spent elsewhere? The Broncos will be desperate to re-sign Fifita too, and will probably want to upgrade Flegler... it'll make the total salary of the forwards absolutely massive.

If you've got a gun to my head right at this moment picking between Joe O and Flegler, I'd be going Joe O every day of the week. As much potential as Flegler seems to have, he still seems to struggle to reach it with any sort of consistency. To be fair Joe O also struggles with consistency, but the gap between his best and worst seems to always be fairly mild, whereas Flegler has been known to have a very quiet game.

The best footy sides are always the most well rounded. You need safe as houses, no frills toiler forwards in your side, at least on the bench and Joe O fits that profile to a tee. Flegler is more high energy and thus more of a risk taker. It pays off for him at times but sometimes it doesn't and it has proven costly in the form of soft penalties leading to points.

Last edited:
He will be playing Origin next year, he will be Broncos Captain in 5 years. Getting better every week.
The great thing is, unlike now, there looks like there will be stiff competition for the captaincy by then. He's definitely a strong candidate. Gregory Terrace College captain and rugby captain in 2015. I think he was captain of the Junior Kangaroos last year, but I'm not sure about that. More articulate than we're used to hearing from our lot. Always a pleasant surprise when any sportsman can string two words together without umming, arring and leaning on platitudes like obviously and hopefully.

Last edited:
The great thing is, unlike now, there looks like there will be stiff competition for the captaincy by then. He's definitely a strong candidate. Gregory Terrace College captain and rugby captain in 2015. I think he was captain of the Junior Kangaroos last year, but I'm not sure about that. More articulate than we're used to hearing from our lot. Always a pleasant surprise when any sportsman can string two words together without umming, arring and leaning on platitudes like obviously and hopefully.

QLD u20's captain as well.

I dont mind ofa from the bench. Because we have a young forward pack, i do think u need a more experienced player coming on with the newbies.

You see some sides right in the game until their reserve fowards come on and then they struggle until the next shift (i.e. newcastle when klemmer and siafiti come off).

However was he 500k worth? Remains to be seen, i am just hoping it doesnt cost us anyone we want/need. I swear if we lose fifita, i will fly up and kick the board/coaching staff square in the balls.

He was awesome in the first origin game and up until then was out performing all forwards except haas and lodge. He's come back from injury and hasn't recaptured his previous form, but to call him overrated is a fucking joke. You seem to pick a target and ride them because it obviously makes you feel better about yourself, your a joke of a human.

I'm not riding him, but when we have a clear issue in the halves, and have several well overpaid players who are underperforming it is an issue. This has nothing to do with making me feel better about myself. Fact is, just about every time Joe has had a chance to impress by starting, he has been disappointing. He's a bench player and that is all. He's played almost 100 games and still hasn't been able to go on a run of multiple good performances in a row. He is our worst middle at this stage, and I really don't think he is value at $500k.
[automerge]1564274789[/automerge]
I dont mind ofa from the bench. Because we have a young forward pack, i do think u need a more experienced player coming on with the newbies.

You see some sides right in the game until their reserve fowards come on and then they struggle until the next shift (i.e. newcastle when klemmer and siafiti come off).

However was he 500k worth? Remains to be seen, i am just hoping it doesnt cost us anyone we want/need. I swear if we lose fifita, i will fly up and kick the board/coaching staff square in the balls.
Hell, if we lost Glenn because of this guy it would be a joke.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you've got a gun to my head right at this moment picking between Joe O and Flegler, I'd be going Joe O every day of the week. As much potential as Flegler seems to have, he still seems to struggle to reach it with any sort of consistency. To be fair Joe O also struggles with consistency, but the gap between his best and worst seems to always be fairly mild, whereas Flegler has been known to have a very quiet game.

The best footy sides are always the most well rounded. You need safe as houses, no frills toiler forwards in your side, at least on the bench and Joe O fits that profile to a tee. Flegler is more high energy and thus more of a risk taker. It pays off for him at times but sometimes it doesn't and it has proven costly in the form of soft penalties leading to points.
I like Ofahengaue, and I think 500k is close to fair value for him. But in the context of the players currently on our roster I wouldn't want to re-sign him. Do we need to spend 500k on an honest toiler when we have Carrigan, Flegler and Kennedy competing for one bench spot and 20 minutes of game time? Could that money be better spent in our spine? We only have two retirements looming in our pack for the next 6-8 years, both edge forwards. We're going to lose some good middle forwards, probably more than one.

QLD u20's captain as well.
Definitely one of the better games of carrigan, he was great with the ball. When we were down to 12, he allowed a bit of a gap to open for Gordon to go through, but it's hard to fault him too much as we were a man down and he had been on the field for a while at this stage. He does scare me a bit when he has the ball though, maybe it's just his running style or something but it just doesnt look like he has good control over the ball, particularly during the play the ball. In saying that, he doesn't make too many mistakes. Still, scary nonetheless :p

Our pack is a serious machine. Just starting to learn how to fire too. If we can keep these guys all together it will be a competition capable pack. Potentially best on record.

Boyd - hes literally just sitting at 6 because there is no where else to put him. I still can see milf going great at 6 with a half steering the team around. I see absolutely no viable position for Boyd in the future, even the youngsters offer more than him.

Macca was fairly ok tonight, but i still cant help to think that Turps/Seggy provides more combined in so many ways.

Staggs and FiFi wow....They have a real 90's Clyde and Renouf feel to them. Grunt and determination. Its the kinda of style we need and the best style to suit the game for the next 5 years too.

Seibold also deserves a fair amount of credit. Hes getting them together, although the results arent brilliant, they are growing and learning quick. Many coaches would crumble and or the team would crumble considering the amount of roster and positional changes and the ages.

Last edited:
Definitely one of the better games of carrigan, he was great with the ball. When we were down to 12, he allowed a bit of a gap to open for Gordon to go through, but it's hard to fault him too much as we were a man down and he had been on the field for a while at this stage. He does scare me a bit when he has the ball though, maybe it's just his running style or something but it just doesnt look like he has good control over the ball, particularly during the play the ball. In saying that, he doesn't make too many mistakes. Still, scary nonetheless :p

He comes in full steam, stomping in hard but gets stopped dead in his tracks more often than not. I rate Flegler and Kennedy in terms of impact and post contact meters but last night was one of Carrigan's better games.

TPJ has to do a week with a guilty plea

You mean the same "vastly superior pack" that wasn't vastly superior when you insisted Wallace should have been picked for origin 1 this year?
He makes metres but his runs have little to no impact. It takes one person half the time and allows the defensive line to be ready for next play. He's got no footwork, his lateral defence isn't great.
I don't think he is a bad player... But, if someone read your posts about him on here in isolation they'd assume it was an atrocity that he missed Australian selection. He shouldn't have even got a look in at origin after his first attempt.
Honest question, do you have a connection to him? You defend him so much, he isn't a broncos player anymore and he has let the state down on numerous occasions. You even went on about his courage compared to people on here at some points haha
Once again you see things. You have an over active imagination. I never insisted on Wallace playing origin. Try and stick to what's actually said or written.

Sorry whiney bitch pagey.

I'm not riding him, but when we have a clear issue in the halves, and have several well overpaid players who are underperforming it is an issue. This has nothing to do with making me feel better about myself you prick. Fact is, just about every time Joe has had a chance to impress by starting, he has been disappointing. He's a bench player and that is all. He's played almost 100 games and still hasn't been able to go on a run of multiple good performances in a row. He is our worst middle at this stage, and I really don't think he is value at $500k.
[automerge]1564274789[/automerge]

Hell, if we lost Glenn because of this guy it would be a joke.
Well all the good judges see it differently.

I think Offa is great value off the bench. He compliments our other forwards well by just putting his head down and churning out metres. He reminds me a bit of old school props like Webke and Petero.

It’s beating a dead horse at this stage but his 500k would feel far more reasonable if we didn’t have so much money tied up in players that are superfluous to our needs. Boyd, Macca, to a less extent Gillett and Bird.

And while I rate Bird, and Gillett has earned a little leeway, that is millions of dollars a season we don’t need to be spending to win games. Really hoping by the off season sees at least 3 of the 4 moves on via retirement or releases.

Active Now

• LittleDavey
  • Foordy
  • Dash
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncosgirl
  • Morkel
  • Rowdy124
  • broncotville
  • KateBroncos1812
  • BroncosAlways
  • Old Mate
  • MrMoore
  • broncs30
  • Redux
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Thelmus
  • Spoon
  • Johnny92
  • Stix
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.