Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Its grade 2 for TPJ. He’s well past the due date to learn some discipline. Tackle hard, chasing kicks & in the process putting pressure on the catchers is absolutely necessary but he MUST be smart when to pull out and not when.

He’s the one the opposition teams fear and should realize that the sight of him chasing the kicks at speed makes the catchers vulnerable and he should only touch them or surround them but not do anything silly. With his loss, the game against Cheaters makes more difficult but I am hopeful that our boys turn up real good and get us the W.

On hindsight, something tells me that the Cheaters game plan will be to go around us but not through us. They will start spreading the ball from the word go & wont give much of a chance to our middle forwards. Hope Seibold have a counter game plan that get us the W.

I very much cherish our team song to be played as soon as the game ends on Friday night at Suncorp. What a memorable moment would that be for our young squad.

Go Broncos!!!

Last edited:
Darius Boyd:

3 runs 33m 9 pcm

0 tackle breaks, line breaks, line break assists, try assists and offloads

21 tackles 5 missed tackles

0 kicks
He's still shit - we're just hiding it better. Storm will expose it next week though.

He's still shit - we're just hiding it better. Storm will expose it next week though.

It’s awful that we have probably the most disliked and laughable player in the NRL as our captain, whenever my mates who support other teams tease me about Darius there is literally nothing you can come back with.

It sounds cruel but he isn’t even a good bloke.

At the risk of repeating myself it's only a matter of time until a non-effort of his costs us again.

It’s awful that we have probably the most disliked and laughable player in the NRL as our captain, whenever my mates who support other teams tease me about Darius there is literally nothing you can come back with.

That's your opinion. It's an uninformed opinion. You speak for everyone, at least in your mind. His record speaks for itself and how he is viewed by his peers is not something you could know. I believe his teammates like and respect him. Opposition players may feel the same way.

One noticeable thing I noticed during the game form a Titans perspective is how fucking ordinary Leilani Latu has become. He is a deadset pillow and for every 2 tackles he makes he misses one. Would struggle to bend a wet tissue. He has fallen off a cliff since signing that big contract to head to the Gold Coast. Same could be said about Shannon Boyd who is on even more!!

We have salary cap problems of our own but imagine paying $500k for that! Throw in a million dollar halfback who was paid on potential who can’t even handle the pressures of first grade. Jesus Christ that club has a massive job ahead of them.

Last edited:

Why do you say he’s not a good bloke?

Because if he was a good bloke he would **** off and retire!!

I kid, I kid.......sort of.

I am the last person to defend Boyd's playing ability these days but I find it a bit of a nonsense to intimate that 'isn't even a good bloke'. Unless you are his family member how the fk could you know that? I have watched him since his first game in RL and believe me he was a great young player for many years and a good reliable 'finisher' winger for Queensland. Yes he suffered some mental issues but in League he is definitely not alone. The problem is for me the huge deal daddy-in-law Bennett secured for him before he left which has put us in a difficult position funds wise (along with my other favorite AMc) and what seems his total lack of commitment in defense, slow reactions to play and just saving his body. Maybe you should get hold of some of the older games where he played some terrific footy and look at the mental anxiety he suffered (believe me you would not wish that on anyone) for a few seasons before you declare him 'not a good blocke'. He is after all just a human being.
Having said that I wish he would bugger off and retire from the broncos at this seasons end.

Did he knock you back for an autograph or something? How in the **** would you know what his personality is like? I think your mates tease you for more reasons than just the Broncos.

Feels weird to apologize on an Internet forum, but I’ve obviously hit a nerve. So I apologize for not being exacting enough in respects to my English. But this is my justification.

When I say he isn’t a good bloke, I don’t mean to say that he is a bad bloke. He is obviously well liked / respected by the playing group and as I’ve said before I, along with everyone in this thread, would love it if he played to his potential.

But that being said - He just doesn’t strike me as a particularly good bloke. Three reasons:
1 - He is the first to complain on the field, the amount of times I’ve seen him begging for a penalty is just annoying and I HATE it when I see players from other teams doing that. What’s worse is he does it when play is still on. Tedesco try springs to mind.
2 - Every interview I’ve seen from him throughout the history of his career, but this year in particular, he seems to be the type of guy who puts himself above his team. His views and opinions in his interviews aren’t consistent either. The fullback / no. 6 thing is a great example, as well as the “I’m not playing bad”
3 - He just doesn’t seem like much fun, next to no personality, wouldn’t be any good to have a beer with and not engaging.

Sorry if my uninformed opinions offended y’all, but that’s what I’m basing them on. It’s got nothing to do with his mental health. He is still a laughing stock for anyone from another team (most highly featured player on nrl memes) so yeah apologies for my previous post, but I still stand by it

To be fair, nobody knows for sure he is a good bloke either......
Unless you're inside the circle, everybody's speculating.

Personally.......just by the look of him...the way he speaks...... I'm quite sure that on some occasions, he has the abilty to be a cockhead.
JMO

Feels weird to apologize on an Internet forum, but I’ve obviously hit a nerve. So I apologize for not being exacting enough in respects to my English. But this is my justification.

When I say he isn’t a good bloke, I don’t mean to say that he is a bad bloke. He is obviously well liked / respected by the playing group and as I’ve said before I, along with everyone in this thread, would love it if he played to his potential.

But that being said - He just doesn’t strike me as a particularly good bloke. Three reasons:
1 - He is the first to complain on the field, the amount of times I’ve seen him begging for a penalty is just annoying and I HATE it when I see players from other teams doing that. What’s worse is he does it when play is still on. Tedesco try springs to mind.
2 - Every interview I’ve seen from him throughout the history of his career, but this year in particular, he seems to be the type of guy who puts himself above his team. His views and opinions in his interviews aren’t consistent either. The fullback / no. 6 thing is a great example, as well as the “I’m not playing bad”
3 - He just doesn’t seem like much fun, next to no personality, wouldn’t be any good to have a beer with and not engaging.

Sorry if my uninformed opinions offended y’all, but that’s what I’m basing them on. It’s got nothing to do with his mental health. He is still a laughing stock for anyone from another team (most highly featured player on nrl memes) so yeah apologies for my previous post, but I still stand by it

Could probably add in that he cheated on his wife to the list of potential "Shit bloke" traits. For what it's worth I agree with you, I'm quite confident that he's a bit of a **** overall.

I am the last person to defend Boyd's playing ability these days but I find it a bit of a nonsense to intimate that 'isn't even a good bloke'. Unless you are his family member how the fk could you know that? I have watched him since his first game in RL and believe me he was a great young player for many years and a good reliable 'finisher' winger for Queensland. Yes he suffered some mental issues but in League he is definitely not alone. The problem is for me the huge deal daddy-in-law Bennett secured for him before he left which has put us in a difficult position funds wise (along with my other favorite AMc) and what seems his total lack of commitment in defense, slow reactions to play and just saving his body. Maybe you should get hold of some of the older games where he played some terrific footy and look at the mental anxiety he suffered (believe me you would not wish that on anyone) for a few seasons before you declare him 'not a good blocke'. He is after all just a human being.
Having said that I wish he would bugger off and retire from the broncos at this seasons end.
WB is not Boyd's father in law, Ben Ikin is WBs son in law.

I think quite a few on here were dissatisfied with the second half of the game but I think we should acknowledge that the Tits came out in the second half fired up and put together a better 40 minutes of football. In other words it wasn't simply the Broncos clocked off or weren't trying.

Listening to the coach after I could easily imagine he gave them some encouragement and some home truths putting them on notice that he expected a much greater level of commitment. They didn't give in and matched us and they deserve a little credit for a better second half. Plenty of them tried their guts out.

Active Now

• Strop
  • Sproj
  • LittleDavey
  • Poisoy
  • broncsgoat
  • Kev_Guz
  • Gray
  • Maroon4life
  • Santa
  • thenry
  • Robboi_321
  • Big Del
  • Midean
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • theshed
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Mick_Hancock
  • bb_gun
  • Broncosgirl
  • ChewThePhatt
... and 43 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.