10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
This whole mentality on this site that players shouldn’t be picked because they are leaving is just petty bullshit.

He got picked and he didn’t let the team down, that’s the only thing that matters. He earned another week in the role.

Nuh go full Uncle Wayne and send him to the Clydesdales .
Traitor ...

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
I'm concerned for Tesi. Only 20 years of age and he's just lost his father and had a very disrupted pre-season. It's going to be a real test for him not only to perform to his previous standard but actually improve on it. It's going to be a test for him and he's going to have to be managed through out the season.

I'm not really sold on Tesi as the long term fullback of the club, with that said, I do like the skill-set he brings. He allows the Broncos to play with better shape and should make life easier for his outside backs by providing them with more space.

With that said it's a tough assignment first up as well. Canterbury maybe the reigning wooden spooners but they have a new look squad and it's their first home game of the season. Brisbane have struggled their in recent times and have suffered some embarrassing losses. They're really going to have to be on their game and improve on what we saw against Souths otherwise it's going to be a long night.

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
Selwyn faces off against Addo Carr this weekend.

Renouf:

“My advice to Selwyn is don’t get overawed by the situation and worry about your own game. Just look after your defence first and think about how you’re going to stop your opposite number. For a player like Selwyn, his attack comes naturally. What he’s got to concentrate on is his defence, especially against a player like Addo-Carr. He just has to keep him quiet all night and his job is done.”

“Albert is still the front runner for No.6 and Billy possibly goes on to the bench as a No.14. That’s the way it probably should go and probably will go and that’s just going on experience. A few people jumped on Kevvie about playing Billy but out of what he had left in the halves, Billy had first grade experience. He’s a good player and plays with confidence. He didn’t overplay his hand. While Albert Kelly can do anything with the ball.”

“They were good the other night but getting Reynolds back will just smarten them up a bit more. They can’t get ahead of themselves because it’s only round 1 but they’ve got to take that one and build on it. They beat Souths, who were grand finalists last year, and if they go in with the same attitude, they’ll beat anyone.”

McHunt

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
It’s not the only thing that matters. If Isaako was clearly a better player than Niu (like Reynolds was easily south’s best halfback) he would still be in the team. It’s splitting hairs when it comes to who is better so you might as well pick the young guy who will still be at the club next year so he can develop combinations.

Taafe or Ilias might have got an early start if Reynolds was Brodey Croft or a Kyle Flannigan.
You've misunderstood what I was replying about here. That may not have been clear. I was referring to a player leaving and playing elsewhere and the notion or thought that because a player is leaving they should no longer be used. The relative merit of a player is a different matter. I don't have any problem with KW picking Uni instead of Isaako and am adopting the wait and see approach. You'll note I felt the same about WBs departure and the ridiculous and unexplained use of the word 'untenable'. Moving on alone is not reason enough of itself to not use a player.

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
I don't have any problem with KW picking Uni instead of Isaako
I do, we already had one wanker that went to Harvard.

also, spelling mistake by huge. get in here people.

Gaz

Gaz

NRL Captain
Contributor
Oct 7, 2017
Moving on alone is not reason enough of itself to not use a player.
Sometimes it’s not the moving on as much as the hole left behind when they do. Perhaps it may be better to fill that hole before they go rather than having to do that afterwards.
That said, the old adage of not fucking with a winning team comes to mind. Understand bringing our poster boy in and leaving Albert in the halves but surely Tesi needs to come back through cup as Jamayne needs to retain his position in a winning side.
If Kevin wants the team to show some consistency he needs to as well.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
To be really really honest with the forum I hope Uni absolutely kills it and for James and the bench forwards to do wonderful impersonations of Haas. Even if Isaako and Kennedy never again play a game for us I won't be disappointed in the least if their replacements are doing the business.

I will however always consider even just playing a handful of games in first grade a huge achievement. A career of first grade is an amazing thing and lesser lights, on their worst day on the field is still light years ahead of anything I could have done.

It might even come to pass that I can hope both fail miserably, playing for Redcliffe!

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
To be really really honest with the forum I hope Uni absolutely kills it and for James and the bench forwards to do wonderful impersonations of Haas. Even if Isaako and Kennedy never again play a game for us I won't be disappointed in the least if their replacements are doing the business.

I will however always consider even just playing a handful of games in first grade a huge achievement. A career of first grade is an amazing thing and lesser lights, on their worst day on the field is still light years ahead of anything I could have done.

It might even come to pass that I can hope both fail miserably, playing for Redcliffe!

Great post mate.

Mum-the-meatloaf

Mum-the-meatloaf

QCup Player
Dec 6, 2019
I'm concerned for Tesi. Only 20 years of age and he's just lost his father and had a very disrupted pre-season. It's going to be a real test for him not only to perform to his previous standard but actually improve on it. It's going to be a test for him and he's going to have to be managed through out the season.

I'm not really sold on Tesi as the long term fullback of the club, with that said, I do like the skill-set he brings. He allows the Broncos to play with better shape and should make life easier for his outside backs by providing them with more space.

With that said it's a tough assignment first up as well. Canterbury maybe the reigning wooden spooners but they have a new look squad and it's their first home game of the season. Brisbane have struggled their in recent times and have suffered some embarrassing losses. They're really going to have to be on their game and improve on what we saw against Souths otherwise it's going to be a long night.
Absolutely.

If people can remember, Isaako Waa being called the ice man for a while before his dad was ill. That derailed his entire year that fed into the next.

A lot of these players are 'kids'. They aren't equipped to deal with real life stressors plus the stress of failing in a result driven industry and in perpetuates.

However, I am also willing to acknowledge professional sport is a double edged sword. You live and die by it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Dash
  • Wolfie
  • BroncosAlways
  • The Strapper
  • Sproj
  • Waynesaurus
  • Wendall Taylor
  • sooticus
  • Galah
  • Seibs
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.