POST GAME [Round 2, 2022] Bulldogs vs Broncos

In the first 2 weeks Kelly, aside from doing his job, has contributed an intercept and last ditch effort on the opposite side of the field to seal the game.

Those are 2 instinctual, effort plays you’d never see from Milford, whether he was being paid $1 or $1 million.

We’re playing decent enough footy to start the year, but we’re winning games because, when it matters, we want it more than the opposition.

It’s so good to be rid of Milford and his merry gang of bludging mates that we’ve had stinking up the joint for the last few years.
Lmao, well said.

Something I noticed when we used our challenge the first time when kelly took that kick on the full and they called it a knock-on. Will have to check a replay but one of the dogs inside the kicker looked to be offside and ended up tackling AK. So why after winning the challenge was that not given a penalty?

Something I noticed when we used our challenge the first time when kelly took that kick on the full and they called it a knock-on. Will have to check a replay but one of the dogs inside the kicker looked to be offside and ended up tackling AK. So why after winning the challenge was that not given a penalty?
I said the same thing when it happened. It’s because the referees suck

In the first 2 weeks Kelly, aside from doing his job, has contributed an intercept and last ditch effort on the opposite side of the field to seal the game.

Those are 2 instinctual, effort plays you’d never see from Milford, whether he was being paid $1 or $1 million.

We’re playing decent enough footy to start the year, but we’re winning games because, when it matters, we want it more than the opposition.

It’s so good to be rid of Milford and his merry gang of bludging mates that we’ve had stinking up the joint for the last few years.
Brilliantly said mate, couldn't agree more.

Laughable.

Screenshot 20220320 214537 Twitter

The Carrigan “late” shot on the kicker was an absolute hoax on replay. Those plays happen all game long every week. It was a blatant attempt to get the dogs a grandstand finish.

That made angrier than anything has made me in a long time.

There was 2 occasions in the first half that were FAR worse on Reynolds, one of which they even went back and put on report. Neither was given a penalty. Then there's some soft little knock on Averillo when the game is in the balance, the little pea heart ref hears the crowd groan and pisses his short-shorts and blows his whistle. Bloke shouldn't be anywhere near a first grade game.

I don't know how they won that but it was definitely heart in the mouth stuff. I thought the Dogs looked good and they threw everything at them but our boys repelled them time after time.

You don't win many games with 41% possession and 500+ less running metres than the opposition but somehow they escaped. They would have surrendered 30+ points this time last year under the same circumstances.

Herbie's strip and subsequent try definitely turned the game. It was only 10-4 but they were down and out and looked very vulnerable and you just sensed the Dogs were about to run away with it. They seriously need Herbie's signature for next year and beyond. By far the best player on the field tonight.

It's amazing to be 2-0 and yet still have massive room for improvement. They won't continue to win these tight affairs with so little possession and territory but the confidence levels gained these past two weeks will be invaluable.

I think a reason we struggle to control offloads is our tackling strategy when we get numbers in tackles. Where most teams have two players wrap up the ball and then a third wraps up the legs, we tend to get 3-4 players who then try to drag the attacking player backwards. In doing so, we sometimes fail to wrap the ball up, and they get an offload.

Barrett having a whinge will do me.

They had the absolute rub of the green, including but not limited to two penalty worthy shots on ARey after kicking the ball and contacting the legs / player in the air - instant penalty in every other game - one even on report.

Dropping the ball cold on the first carry of the match, getting away with it, 10m out from their posts.

Several times when they had us pinned down our end, defenders were charging through before the ball even hit the dirt - no calls.

Few flop tackles after the tackle completed, no calls.

TPJ twice punching into Haas in a single tackle, no call.

TPJ called for offside twice, puts pressure on attacker - no penalty.

What an absolute clown bemoans the refs after that and more. They had all the ball, most of the penalties, lot of contentious decisions go their way and calls not made against them, yet still having a cry because they shat the bed. **** right off.

Great to come away with that win but I am really fucking concerned with what the refs are giving us. We're going to have to be beating 14 players every week again.
Couldn't agree more mate and yet Barrett sits in his post match bitch session and whines on and on about how they were robbed by "contentious" calls from the match officials.

I don't know how they won that but it was definitely heart in the mouth stuff. I thought the Dogs looked good and they threw everything at them but our boys repelled them time after time.

You don't win many games with 41% possession and 500+ less running metres than the opposition but somehow they escaped. They would have surrendered 30+ points this time last year under the same circumstances.

Herbie's strip and subsequent try definitely turned the game. It was only 10-4 but they were down and out and looked very vulnerable and you just sensed the Dogs were about to run away with it. They seriously need Herbie's signature for next year and beyond. By far the best player on the field tonight.

It's amazing to be 2-0 and yet still have massive room for improvement. They won't continue to win these tight affairs with so little possession and territory but the confidence levels gained these past two weeks will be invaluable.
What about the effort to stop tpj from scoring near the end. I thought for all money he was in and I don’t think I could handle a golden point game already.

Let's gooooo. Stoked. The boys want it.

Reynolds has changed this shit, I'm sure of it. I can see it in the way they sing the team song now. They used to act like they were embarrassed about it or something, now they seem to be into it and Renny is the one singing the loudest.

I don’t think we win a premiership until there’s an enquiry into why the Broncos are refereed differently to every other team. The refs and the NRL need to be held accountable and the club are the only people who can do it.

To win a premiership you need the injuries at a minimum, you need a good draw and you need the refs to let you get away with things other teams don’t get away with. We rarely get any of that and it won’t come together until something is said or done. That performance was piss poor from the refs tonight.

How's Trent Barrett, going on about the obstruction try..

Fair dinkum mate, you had at least half a dozen genuine opportunities to score a try, maybe we got one that went our way but I am pretty confident it might be the only one that went our way
Suppose he thought the penalty against Carrigan for the late hit was the correct call too 😂

Active Now

• sooticus
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Aldo
  • Sproj
  • Manofoneway
  • Bucking Beads
  • mieko
  • Broncosgirl
  • bert_lifts
  • Turks85
  • Galah
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Waynesaurus
  • Xzei
  • GCBRONCO
  • Gaz
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.