POST GAME [Round 2, 2022] Bulldogs vs Broncos

Flegler has to be our bench option. We have some good bench forwards, but i dont think any of them can match his impact. The last 2 weeks now we have lost a fair bit once Payne and Patty leave the field.

I think we could counter-act that a bit by starting Kobe. Stiffen up the middle defensively to start the game, improve our bench impact.

8. Carrigan
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. Capewell
12. Riki
13. Hetherington

14. Walters
15. Robati (Think this should be Piakura's spot once he's up to speed, he'll offer more)
16. Palasia
17. Flegler

Barrett having a massive whinge in the presser.

in reference to Herbies second from the scrum he actually says "i don't coach players to lie down ... maybe i will now"

also says "you can't do that, it's in the rule book"

Riki deserves a shout out. Wasn’t amazing or anything but this was the first night he was tasked with protecting Reynolds in defence and he topped the tackle count with 50.

Not a bad crack.

His efforts from the inside have been a lot better this season, doesn't give up on the play like he was last season, really happy to see him going great. He's a very likely type

Onto the bench I reckon. Bye bye James.
On first viewing, I thought James was really underwhelming, but I will reserve my opinion until I have watched the game again.

I think we could counter-act that a bit by starting Kobe. Stiffen up the middle defensively to start the game, improve our bench impact.

8. Carrigan
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. Capewell
12. Riki
13. Hetherington

14. Walters
15. Robati (Think this should be Piakura's spot once he's up to speed, he'll offer more)
16. Palasia
17. Flegler

I thought Robati was great last year, but been pretty disappointed with him so far this year. I've still get this feeling we are going to see Jensen or James on the bench every game.

I thought Robati was great last year, but been pretty disappointed with him so far this year. I've still get this feeling we are going to see Jensen or James on the bench every game.

I would've had Jensen on the bench ahead of James in the first 2 games, his numbers in QCUP last year were immense, and he outperformed almost everyone in the trials.

Would be a very handy 3rd forward to have on the bench if needed.

On first viewing, I thought James was really underwhelming, but I will reserve my opinion until I have watched the game again.
Both him and robati have offered little at all so far. But Walters always wraps James so I doubt he'll get dropped

I would've had Jensen on the bench ahead of James in the first 2 games, his numbers in QCUP last year were immense, and he outperformed almost everyone in the trials.

Would be a very handy 3rd forward to have on the bench if needed.
Yes, with you on that one.

After watching a fair portion of the replay I've realised we aren't giving Capewell the love he deserved. I reckon he might be the best buy for the last 5 years. Fucking beast!
He does alot that goes unnoticed because there those 1 percenter plays and you can see it rubbing off on the other boys. I'd say his talk would be very good aswell

Barrett having a massive whinge in the presser.

in reference to Herbies second from the scrum he actually says "i don't coach players to lie down ... maybe i will now"

also says "you can't do that, it's in the rule book"
No credit to our defence
Basically saying they should have scored 7-8 tries tonight 😂
What fucking game was he watching

Correct. I've just watched the first half followed by the presser where KW actually mentioned him but so far I've seen absolutely **** all from James. I will however give him exactly the same attention as I have given RKs efforts in the past. I'm totally on board with JI and RK never playing for us again if their replacements are killing it.

I loved towards the end of the Dogs presser you could hear our boys singing the victory song and you could see it pissed off Barrett and Jackson having to sit there through the whole song - Frikkin brilliant!:rofl

In the first 2 weeks Kelly, aside from doing his job, has contributed an intercept and last ditch effort on the opposite side of the field to seal the game.

Those are 2 instinctual, effort plays you’d never see from Milford, whether he was being paid $1 or $1 million.

We’re playing decent enough footy to start the year, but we’re winning games because, when it matters, we want it more than the opposition.

It’s so good to be rid of Milford and his merry gang of bludging mates that we’ve had stinking up the joint for the last few years.

Someone has to make up Staggs pathetic efforts.
5 runs for 66 metres from our marquee back.

For context, Herbie 19r/262m, Oates 19r/209m.
I don’t think he is close to fit. Both games this year he has seemed completely buggered or he is playing with the flu

Active Now

• sooticus
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Aldo
  • Sproj
  • Manofoneway
  • Bucking Beads
  • mieko
  • Broncosgirl
  • bert_lifts
  • Turks85
  • Galah
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Waynesaurus
  • Xzei
  • GCBRONCO
  • Gaz
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.