POST GAME [Round 2, 2022] Bulldogs vs Broncos

The try from Oates.

I love that try so much. I've been calling for years for us to bring back that play. It was a pet play of ours when the likes of Wallace, Hunt and Lockyer were playing. The old chip kick or grubber behind the line for a flying winger.

Albert was immense. Clear best on ground for me. That awareness to be there at the end was sensational. Happy for the bloke, and for us to have hopefully found our 6 for the year.

Our defence and resilience vs last few seasons is night and day. Still copping the shit calls, or worse, but we are holding out and pushing them away. The refs honestly are a joke. As big a joke as Ennis on commentaty. Painful.

Love this feeling lads, enjoy it.
Only caveat is he cannot, must not become complacent OR have series of poor games. Tonight though, I celebrate my love for Chubby Cheeks!!

What was most impressive about tonight was how it was purely based on defensive effort and turning up for your mate. The Broncos have always known we are not getting a fair shake from anyone outside the club. The last few years the boys struggled to realize this reality and it got them down mentally. They have definitely grown as men this year, add a few veterans to keep the ship pointing north and these young fellas are proving themselves in the early rounds.

Obviously it's only round two, but the defense dare I say it has that 2015 quality about it as does the gritty character building games. Once the team clicks into gear there is power and attacking threat all over the park. Reynolds has to stay fit, he is obviously vital as is Capewell.

I was literally screaming "Kev put your bloody son on", I think he could have been injected earlier but as soon as he did the game opened up for us. The attacking threat from hooker is so important in the modern game. He was great again tonight.

Kelly was unbelievable, turned up both sides of the footy for some huge plays. His game awareness and just natural ability to be were the ball will be is something special. You can't teach what Kelly has.

Reynolds was solid post covid, tackled is butt off out there and despite cramping lead the chase like a true leader. You can see the attack will come, there were real moments of back line play for once.

Farnsworth had the best game of his career tonight. Hopefully he is not going anywhere because out the back of shape he looks so dangerous. He could be a real dark horse for playing fullback.

3.Farnsy
2. Kelly
1. Reynolds

Makes me happy to see Oates doing well.

Yep. A happy Oates is a try scoring machine.

I'm expecting us to see some absolute beauties from him this season. It's been a while since we've seen him score tries like that one against the Rabbits in 2016 or that one against the Sharks in 2018. He's due.

Staggs was concussed for mist of the game.
True? I absolutely do not want him dropped and I'm not unhappy with his game, average as it may have been. I won't throw shit until I've dissected the replay in detail and I'll cut him slack if he was smashed earlier and I missed it.

We don’t win that without Adam Reynolds boot. Imagine all the midfield bombs we would have been defending tonight if Milf was our half, no wonder we conceded so many tries last season.

I’m still very concerned at our inability to wrap the ball up, a better team would have put us to the sword tonight.

that said I have
Herbie Kelly Haas my 321.
I need to watch the game again but to me it felt like the ref was giving the longest time to "held" calls I have ever seen. The Dogs had so much time just standing there to get a ball away. We need to be better but our scramble was good enough to stem the damage.

There needs to be a serious chat around our 9 moving forward.
Turpin’s service is horribly slow and put a heap of pressure on Reynolds, epically on the fifth tackle.
We were a completely different side once walters came on. He ran and played eyes up footy, not to mention his service to Reyno was much quicker and we started to get on top of the game
It wasn’t coincidental that we won the game and scored a couple of tries once Walters came on.
If we aren’t re-signing Turpin then go with Paix or let billy be there full time..
Do you think Billy would be as effective out of there after playing 50+ and 40+ tackles?

Ran out of drinks but thanks to Uber, the Federal hotel drivethrough and a fat as **** credit card I'm ready to watch the replay and get smashed! Better be careful, I have to get up for work in three weeks !! Feels like we made the gf after the last, sob sob years since Benny took his love away.
Maybe you can change your name to fat as fu ck credit card....
Only joking nice to read your in good spirits...pun intended 😏

Staggs was concussed for mist of the game.

There is no way that would have been the case. It would be incredibly irresponsible of us to have left him on there, and the doctors look at every single incident. If there was the slightest chance he was concussed he would have been off.

Palasia has been the surprise in our pack, Flegler is going to have to work hard to get in the 17 I reckon

I think Kevvie likes Ryan James as an option because of the experience he brings
Who? Saw very little, sorry, scrub that, saw nothing tonight BUT could be wrong. Will watch a replay.

Do you think Billy would be as effective out of there after playing 50+ and 40+ tackles?
No, but I think a 9 Paix & 14 Walters would offer more then what we are currently getting. I won’t deny Turpin is good defensively, but now that we actually have decent halves, we need to get them early and good ball, otherwise Reyno will just get smothered. Jake might be able to turn it around but imo it is a glaring issue at the moment.
If we continue with tups and walters, hopefully walters gets a bit more time. We certainly looked better when he came on.

Palasia has been the surprise in our pack, Flegler is going to have to work hard to get in the 17 I reckon

I think Kevvie likes Ryan James as an option because of the experience he brings
I completely disagree. Palasia has been amazing don’t get me wrong I agree there but Flegler was amazing in the trials. If anything I think Payne and Pat will have to work hard to keep him out of the starting side.

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • Broncosarethebest
  • bb_gun
  • Big Del
  • Howie
  • Sproj
  • Jason Simmons
  • BruiserMk1
  • Aldo
  • RolledOates
  • Wolfie
  • Redfern_1980
  • broncos4life
  • johnny plath
  • ostin86
  • kman
  • GCBRONCO
  • Dexter
  • Xzei
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.