POST GAME [Round 2, 2022] Bulldogs vs Broncos

Albert was immense. Clear best on ground for me. That awareness to be there at the end was sensational. Happy for the bloke, and for us to have hopefully found our 6 for the year.

Our defence and resilience vs last few seasons is night and day. Still copping the shit calls, or worse, but we are holding out and pushing them away. The refs honestly are a joke. As big a joke as Ennis on commentaty. Painful.

Love this feeling lads, enjoy it.

Also lets be honest, if Staggs doesn't bomb that try off Reynolds tunnel ball brilliance, we win by at least 12.
This.
It's a real shame Staggs didn't ground that because it would have been such a memorable try with the through legs pass from Reynolds. Also, like you say I think we would have really gone on with the job after that.

Good game from Reynolds I thought. He didnt let us down.

We don’t win that without Adam Reynolds boot. Imagine all the midfield bombs we would have been defending tonight if Milf was our half, no wonder we conceded so many tries last season.

I’m still very concerned at our inability to wrap the ball up, a better team would have put us to the sword tonight.

that said I have
Herbie Kelly Haas my 321.

Did we win an away game the last two years other than the Cows pre Covid?

I wouldn’t worry too much about Kotoni Staggs.. actually think a bit too much is being expected of him at this stage given how little football he’s played in 18 months
He just needs games under his belt and confidence that his body is right

Kelly best player on field. Carrigan and Haas were immense in their second spell and Herbie showing what he is capable of. We had a fair few who i thought had ordinary games, but even those players kept turning up play after play. Great win.
Carrigan was great in partnership with Hass, but he has some errors he needs to get our of his game. It nearly cost us tonight.

I wouldn’t worry too much about Kotoni Staggs.. actually think a bit too much is being expected of him at this stage given how little football he’s played in 18 months
He just needs games under his belt and confidence that his body is right
Yeah, I'm in the 'Its frustating he isn't getting involved' camp, but not overly concerned yet. Providing week by week he goes looking for the ball a bit more we'll be ok.

He simply cannot be giving up free tries like that tonight though. Can't happen

Really important win this one even though it's only round 2 getting 2-0 up to start the year when alot of other teams including the big guns from last year are finding their Grove, we have so much improvement in us and our last 2 games we have done alot of defence in our own 20 and held out alot.
Herbie was massive for us tonight anybody that wants to let him go really needs a rethink in that.
Same as Oates his carries help the team so much and I'm glad he hit the 100 tonight and that's 2 tries for the year.
The choice of Albey at 6 has been the difference of winning and losing the last 2 weeks.
Our forwards were good without being standouts like last week.
Staggs really needs to pick his game up and earn his pay packet.
Tesi scares the shit outta me.

Hopefully the players who thought the pre season was too hard are starting to realise the benefits of their hard training. Both teams were gassed but our fitness was a lot better than the Dogs.
Reynolds kick deep to the corner with 1min left was brilliant.

I gotta say Kevvie's use of the interchange was good

The temptation would've been to run Haas out right after half time but he held him back until the 50th

TPJ couldn't even get onside in that last set, Barrett cooked him in desperation of getting a win
I disagree, Billy should have come on just after half time.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Fitzy
  • Manofoneway
  • Aldo
  • Santa
  • lynx000
  • broncos4life
  • Harry Sack
  • Big Del
  • Bucking Beads
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.