POST GAME [Round 2, 2022] Bulldogs vs Broncos

I thought Bulldogs would have pipped us there. It just had that feeling for me.

But I'm glad they didn't. The most pleasing thing so far this season is that we're finding ways to win instead of finding ways to lose like we have so many times for the past few years.

Broncos have the opportunity to equal their best start to the season since 2009 next week. That's the last time we won 3 straight to open the season.

I thought Bulldogs would have pipped us there. It just had that feeling for me.

But I'm glad they didn't. The most pleasing thing so far this season is that we're finding ways to win instead of finding ways to lose like we have so many times for the past few years.

Broncos have the opportunity to equal their best start to the season since 2009 next week. That's the last time we won 3 straight to open the season.

Didn't we go 3 and 0 in 2020 before the lockdown?

3. Farnworth
2. Haas
1. Oates

It's been a while since Corey has cracked my top 3, but he was great today. Only 1 dropped ball and it was a crucial one to stop a try.

I don't know whether the ref was biased or just inexperienced and getting overly influenced by the crowd. Some of the call that both we and the Dogs got were confusing and it was one of those games where he really should have just left the whistle in his pocket.

Pick your Player of the Round here!

This one is only open for 24 hours so get your votes in!

To the people who have called for Staggs to play 1, please watch this game a few times. He was involved for about 4mins this entire game, and was cramping up.

Carrigan was great in partnership with Hass, but he has some errors he needs to get our of his game. It nearly cost us tonight.

I only saw one dropped ball which was the result of a tackle which could pretty much happen in any tackle. He isnt dropping the ball cold like he was last year or like Hetherington did.

There needs to be a serious chat around our 9 moving forward.
Turpin’s service is horribly slow and put a heap of pressure on Reynolds, epically on the fifth tackle.
We were a completely different side once walters came on. He ran and played eyes up footy, not to mention his service to Reyno was much quicker and we started to get on top of the game
It wasn’t coincidental that we won the game and scored a couple of tries once Walters came on.
If we aren’t re-signing Turpin then go with Paix or let billy be there full time..

Ran out of drinks but thanks to Uber, the Federal hotel drivethrough and a fat as **** credit card I'm ready to watch the replay and get smashed! Better be careful, I have to get up for work in three weeks !! Feels like we made the gf after the last, sob sob years since Benny took his love away.

We were our own worst enemy for much of the game but I think we warmed into it toward the end, particularly our defence, if we can keep them on the field we will get those combinations singing.

Walters outshone Turpin big time and needs more minutes, not just the last quarter.

Niu needs to find his voice, and fast.

If that’s Reynolds worst game we have a lot to look forward to.

Flegler takes Robati’s spot next week, he’s been disappointing.

There needs to be a serious chat around our 9 moving forward.
Turpin’s service is horribly slow and put a heap of pressure on Reynolds, epically on the fifth tackle.
We were a completely different side once walters came on. He ran and played eyes up footy, not to mention his service to Reyno was much quicker and we started to get on top of the game
It wasn’t coincidental that we won the game and scored a couple of tries once Walters came on.
If we aren’t re-signing Turpin then go with Paix or let billy be there full time..

It's easy to say let Billy be there fulltime but you're underestimating the defensive work Turpin gets through, it was the same as when people were calling for Ben Hunt to be a 9

They can do it for 20-25 minutes a game but if you ask them to do it for most of the game, they'll probably get found out, defensively

You can't just pay attention to the threat they bring in attack, they're playing in the middle of the ruck, they're going to be asked to make 40-50 tackles a game

Great play by Skip Walters to realise Reyno was cramped up and so he took the kick under pressure and almost saw Dufty knock it on. That one was a crucial kick when we needed it. This team will get better as the year goes on. I thought Riki played big minutes and was a lot more effective in defence this week. Haas and Palasia were again immense followed by Patty. Herbie and Oates saved our bacon a few times with some gutsy carries.

The grubiness of TPJ would have seen him on the sidelines for another 5 weeks if he was still wearing our jersey. It just confirms the bias (unintentional or not) by Sydney-centric officials.

I hope Kevvie is fining them for the ill-discipline and the handling errors. A better team would have crucified us tonight with that amount of ball we gave them. Alby though was a stand out man of the match.

That last penalty against Patty was outrageous. The bunker ruled he tackled him while he was"in a vulnerable position" . It's a contact sport and it was almost instantaneous, and everyone on the field are in a vulnerable position if they are playing the ball. What a load of crap. I'm so glad we were able to defend that bullshit call.

2 for 2 - happy days.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Fitzy
  • Manofoneway
  • Aldo
  • Santa
  • lynx000
  • broncos4life
  • Harry Sack
  • Big Del
  • Bucking Beads
  • jarro65
  • FACTHUNT
  • BroncosAlways
  • Rambstien
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.