10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Brent81

Made Legal Threat to BHQ
Oct 31, 2012
Jason taumaolo made 27 tackles, 22 hit ups for 295 meters and 8 tackle busts... THATS 295 meters and he played I think between 65 and 70 minutes. They're absolutely bloody incredibly huge numbers by anyone's standards.

Without putting too much emphasis on the one bloke I think stopping him is the key, he's the guy that gets them rolling forward allowing Thurston and Morgan to work there magic. Anyone got any ideas how to best minimise his impact? I'm thinking maybe direct as much traffic as possible to him and increase that tackle count. Try to take some steam out of his engine and also try to get up quick on him when he attacks.

Matt Scott also ran for 200m and Bolton the other prop 165m compared to our highest forward of 169 meters. I think that a lot of there forwards meters are gained off the back of the taumalolo momentum. He's gotta be shut down some how or another.
Give him the Nancy Kerrigan treatment?

B

Brent81

Made Legal Threat to BHQ
Oct 31, 2012
Jason taumaolo made 27 tackles, 22 hit ups for 295 meters and 8 tackle busts... THATS 295 meters and he played I think between 65 and 70 minutes. They're absolutely bloody incredibly huge numbers by anyone's standards.

Without putting too much emphasis on the one bloke I think stopping him is the key, he's the guy that gets them rolling forward allowing Thurston and Morgan to work there magic. Anyone got any ideas how to best minimise his impact? I'm thinking maybe direct as much traffic as possible to him and increase that tackle count. Try to take some steam out of his engine and also try to get up quick on him when he attacks.

Matt Scott also ran for 200m and Bolton the other prop 165m compared to our highest forward of 169 meters. I think that a lot of there forwards meters are gained off the back of the taumalolo momentum. He's gotta be shut down some how or another.

Get him on the terrorist watchlist so he can't get on the flight?

Ps cows were shit on Saturday.

They get a lot of home town decisions.

They had a massive penalty count, loads of possession and 10 mins with a man advantage.

We'll win.

K

Kyall

NRL Player
Oct 4, 2016
Courier mail has reported that at a training run today Moga left the training Paddock and didn't return. It isn't his knee thank god but a heart issue similar to Oates last year. He should be fine and will take his place in a what should be the same 17.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Napa showed how you stop a big guy in his tracks.

But I suppose the thing to do would be to get numbers in the tackle and wrap up the ball. Limit the amount of metres he makes and you limit the amount the Cowboys benefit from it.

K

Kyall

NRL Player
Oct 4, 2016
It was Sims shutting Fifita up, he's the man for the job.

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
With backrowers as skilled as Cooper, Hess and Lowe he doesn't need to.
His literal main goal is to have go forward, and he does that incredibly. His speed with that size, and the fact he didn't come off until around the 50' mark is insane.

10x more impact than Gal

We need to take advantage of this. We need to target him in defence and make him make bulk tackles. He can be very lazy at the end of halves if he is gassed and miss tackles. You can limit his impact this way which is what you do. He doesn't get shut out of games

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Broncos centre Tautau Moga suffers heart scare at training

TAUTAU Moga’s emphatic NRL resurrection has hit a hurdle after the Broncos centre suffered a heart scare at training.

Moga left the paddock at Red Hill feeling ill midway through Brisbane’s surprise session to begin preparations for Friday’s blockbuster derby against the Cowboys.

It was initially thought the monster three-quarter’s symptoms were heart-related.

Moga, who became a father last week, did not return to the field as Broncos medical staff assessed his condition and he was replaced by Tom Opacic at left centre.

James Roberts had a light run by himself after pulling up sore from the Sharks win, allowing Benji Marshall to slot into his position at right centre.

Moga, 23, was voted players’ player in his Broncos debut in last Thursday’s win against premiers Cronulla.

The towering centre charged for 112m from 12 runs and looked confident despite having undergone three knee reconstructions in four years.

Broncos half Anthony Milford said he had been blown away by his former schoolmate’s start to the season.

“Tau has been great since coming here,” Milford said.

“He has gone through a tough time with his knee but he hasn’t lost any speed and he’s fitted in well with the boys.

“I went to school with Tau and his size was always his strength. He will get better the more games he plays for us.”

Coach Wayne Bennett put his side through a rare Sunday session to kickstart Brisbane’s preparations for the Suncorp Stadium derby.

The past four encounters between the Queensland rivals, dating back to the 2015 grand final, have been epic encounters.

Three games were decided by a field goal, including the Cowboys’ maiden premiership, and last year’s finals thriller was an extra-time blinder.

The Broncos usually have weekends off, but after playing last Thursday, Bennett scheduled three training sessions this week to ensure they are prepared for what is shaping up to be another cracking derby.

While he is unsure of when he will play again, Marshall looked untroubled by the Achilles problem he has carried since the Auckland Nines.

The 32-year-old was gliding in a game of touch football, however the Broncos are confident Roberts will be fit to face the Cowboys.

Bennett is expecting to have the same 17 available and his staff have experience in dealing with heart scares after Corey Oates was monitored during last year’s Origin series.

Initial indications suggested Moga would take his place against his former club, but he will be monitored throughout the week.

Utility Alex Glenn was restricted to off-field training after suffering concussion in the win against Cronulla.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...g/news-story/b242e8c4a2dcaa127513c3ee6ddd9a2e

B

Brent81

Made Legal Threat to BHQ
Oct 31, 2012
We need to take advantage of this. We need to target him in defence and make him make bulk tackles. He can be very lazy at the end of halves if he is gassed and miss tackles. You can limit his impact this way which is what you do. He doesn't get shut out of games
agree.

Last year, the break led to the Milford try in the first game from a terrible missed tackle from Tamou and Taumo...however you spell his name...

B

Brent81

Made Legal Threat to BHQ
Oct 31, 2012
It was Sims shutting Fifita up, he's the man for the job.
Smacked him a few times.

Overall Brisbane's forwards were very strong against a good Sharks pack.

Marty Deutschmann

Marty Deutschmann

NRL Captain
Oct 23, 2013

Let's not exclude Granville in the formation of a plan. His roll on was instrumental the other night.

We did it well in the Gf, target him hard in the line and gas him out of the contest.

I'm thinning big shots on Taumololololoo, pesting him with controlled aggression. Getting his head or of the game. Make him frustrated

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Taumalolo's strength is that he is able to get so many metres after contact. Even with 3 or 4 defenders he'll still make huge metres and get a fast play-the-ball. So should the tactic be to go low on him? It puts him at risk of offloads and a quick PTB, but he has that risk anyway, is it better to simply accept that and limit his metres? Or better yet, have McCullough go low, Blair or Sims go high, and have Milford and Hunt sniffing beside the ruck ready to intercept any offloads?

But I do agree on the #1 priority - wear him out by making him tackle. He does tire easily that way, I've seen him very vulnerable after repeated efforts in defence, but it has to be maintained throughout the game, as he recovers bloody fast.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
If Moga doesn't play I guess we will see Mead back in and Kahu back to left centre.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
One thing that makes Taumalolo so effective is that Green knows how to use his forward pack.

He brings certain forwards on at certain times because it's difficult to adjust your tackling technique under fatigue.

So teams are used to tackling Taumalolo, then he goes off and brings another forward on with a different body shape, and then he brings Taumalolo back on and teams once again have to adjust their tackling technique which is hard to do under fatigue so Taumalolo just continues to rampage throughout the whole game.

I think that's the gist of it. He talks about it on NRL 360.

Looking at the footage, it seems to be an effective tactic.

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
Anyone got a QLD cup wrap? Really keen to see how Pearson & Niko went on the weekend

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Anyone got a QLD cup wrap? Really keen to see how Pearson & Niko went on the weekend

Watched Redcliffe. Lodge was very good. Pearson was solid. One thing I would say is I reckon if Whitchurch could improve his handling he would be a very good back rower.

P

Pushkin

QCup Player
May 27, 2016
Pearson need to involve more in the game. He don't run that much.

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
Watched Redcliffe. Lodge was very good. Pearson was solid. One thing I would say is I reckon if Whitchurch could improve his handling he would be a very good back rower.

Are we a chance of signing Lodge for this year, or do you need to be the rorters or Eels to get rep quality (hopefully ex) scum on bargain basement prices?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Browny
  • Wolfie
  • broncs30
  • Culhwch
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Strop
  • Battler
  • Brocko
  • ezpz
  • Aldo
  • mitch222
  • Galah
  • Sanjit Joseph
  • Organix
  • Allo
  • GCBRONCO
  • Waynesaurus
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Bucking Beads
... and 37 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.