POST GAME Round 2 - Broncos vs Cowboys

It will take a very, very long time for me to hate a team as much as Manly. They are the only team in the League that no matter who they're playing, I want them to lose.

I was there...

8677902_f496.jpg

That was a very long and depressing car ride and journey home.

That was a very long and depressing car ride and journey home.

Yeah it sucked. I kind of thought from the body language that everyone would just want to go home and sulk, in retrospect we were probably better off drowning our sorrows. That train ride must have sucked.

Man there were some horror stories leaving ANZ that night.

The worst was finding myself on a train with dejected Broncos supporters and seeing an inconsolable son cry his eyes out on his dad's shoulder. A sweet old lady tried to cheer them up and ask them about their trip and if they had anything fun planned for tomorrow. The dad couldn't have been anymore blunt when he said they were just going to leave first thing, how they had a long trip infront of them and how much he'd looked forward to talking about the game and how he had no idea what he was supposed to say.

I'm not doing it justice, but it was so brutal and I was so glad I didn't have to worry about anyone else that night.

Outside of the trip down and the result, it was the only negative of the event. The atmosphere at the ground was something else. I've never been to a game where everybody had clearly traveled long distances and weren't afraid to tell you about their trips, where they come from, how they got into the game and everything. It didn't matter what jersey you wore either, everyone was so excited to be there and the spirit was fantastic.

Yep everyone felt left like shit after it. Remember the few not caring if the cowboys won and we would win it the next year? Wtf was that about?

I reckon the world would have such a different flavour if we lost by 12 and the result was decided by the 70th minute.

Yep everyone felt left like shit after it. Remember the few not caring if the cowboys won and we would win it the next year? Wtf was that about?
Yep, that was the one we should have won... the planets were aligned for a Broncos fairytale and they shanked it.

A bunch of sooks trying to take the edge of psychologically.

I reckon the world would have such a different flavour if we lost by 12 and the result was decided by the 70th minute.
Absolutely. Wouldn't be anywhere near as bad. It'll go down as one of the biggest chokes of all time.

Man there were some horror stories leaving ANZ that night.

The worst was finding myself on a train with dejected Broncos supporters and seeing an inconsolable son cry his eyes out on his dad's shoulder. A sweet old lady tried to cheer them up and ask them about their trip and if they had anything fun planned for tomorrow. The dad couldn't have been anymore blunt when he said they were just going to leave first thing, how they had a long trip infront of them and how much he'd looked forward to talking about the game and how he had no idea what he was supposed to say.

I'm not doing it justice, but it was so brutal and I was so glad I didn't have to worry about anyone else that night.

Outside of the trip down and the result, it was the only negative of the event. The atmosphere at the ground was something else. I've never been to a game where everybody had clearly traveled long distances and weren't afraid to tell you about their trips, where they come from, how they got into the game and everything. It didn't matter what jersey you wore either, everyone was so excited to be there and the spirit was fantastic.
Sorry mate, I love reading your posts, But! This one is absolutely crap for mine.
That night was a turd without polish.
No polish
No love
No joy

X

Oops, what I meant to say is that it was one of the worst days of me life and that'll be the last I ever talk about it.

Better?

Speaking of devastating losses.

I was thinking about that Anthony Milford field goal attempt that Ben Hampton ended up knocking dead and it got me thinking about the ideal position to take a field goal. You seriously wouldn't want the play the ball inside the 10m zone since the kicker has less time and space to get the kick in.

It got me thinking about JT's field goal and how he was able to snap it. He actually didn't stand as far back as Milford which surprised me, but on replay something else caught my eye.

55m9zb.png

This is a photo of Taumalolo getting up to play the ball. Notice how far back Cecchin is in relation to the play-the-ball.

Why was Matt Cecchin standing so far back? Why did Shortall attempt to block Alex Glenn? We may never know, but the truth is always out there.

Coming up on Unsolved Mysteries, meet the dummy half who constantly gets selected despite having all the talent of a Park Footballer.

And later the shocking truth behind the torso try.

Wow, that's disgraceful @Big Pete

He literally had us back 14 metres..

Interesting find BP. I would say the refs are trying to be proactive in knowing that 9/10 teams are going to be offside in GP and they either can't or won't blow a penalty for it. We need to start cheating more.

Wow. That should be sent to the NRL.

Is there a picture showing how far back the Cowboys players were on our attempts?

About to ask the same thing.

This is when Milford had to dummy and run, eventually resulting in a six again.

6p3w4n.png

This was the cross-play for Hunt to Milford.

29t0ms.png

Then of course the other attempt occurred when the mark was the try line, so the Cows only had to get back a few metres and then had enough time to sprint out and put pressure on Milford.

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • Gaz
  • Mr Fourex
  • Tim K
  • porouian
  • Johnny92
  • FACTHUNT
  • Culhwch
  • Howie
  • Mpost
  • Sproj
  • winslow_wong
  • Hurrijo
  • Redux
  • broncsgoat
  • broncoscope
  • BroncosMan
  • YeahNahMate
  • Redfern_1980
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.