Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

@Sproj your point is, if you weren't so quick to bag me out youd realise that Herman also played 10 more minutes than TPJ last week

Sorry wasn't trying to bag you out, it's generally not my style. I just wasn't sure as I thought it had been mentioned a few times in this thread already but wasn't sure if it was in just this thread or over a few.

I can see how it could have been misinterpreted, it does read that way. Sorry bro. :(

I missed this at the game but we were absolutely screwed in this game, more times than I thought.
Correct me if I'm wrong.. but didn't Hampton tackle oates after he's gone 15m?

15 metres? You're kidding. He's run 9 at the most
Dude.. he covers 9m in two strides. It was close...but was still the right call.

The following penalty they got though..?! Fucking BS

You have to look at where Hampton first made contact with Oates.

Not where they ended up after the tackle.

Offside players have to retire 10 metres from the point of the play the ball before getting involved.

Not sure that he did.

either way, it was clear to us in the stands that the Cowboys were standing in front of the ref all night.

in fact as @Harry Sack can confirm there was one point where the ref had to look around a Cowboys player standing in front of him (so he could see the play the ball) and he still didn't blow a penalty ... lol

either way, it was clear to us in the stands that the Cowboys were standing in front of the ref all night.

in fact as @Harry Sack can confirm there was one point where the ref had to look around a Cowboys player standing in front of him (so he could see the play the ball) and he still didn't blow a penalty ... lol

Can confirm. They should have had someone sent off in the 5th minute for it, they were doing it all night.

You have to look at where Hampton first made contact with Oates.

Not where they ended up after the tackle.

Offside players have to retire 10 metres from the point of the play the ball before getting involved.

Not sure that he did.

The mark is 9m, by the time Hampton initiates contact he's planted his foot well inside the 10m mark putting himself onside.

Without the benefit of replays and different camera angles it's difficult to make out, but based on the information we have on us I'm prepared to give the referees the benefit of the doubt.

And again, it's worth repeating the Broncos benefited from a very close call down that edge of the field at a critical part of the game. Swings and round-a-bouts...

Regardless, the Broncos can't control the referees. I've never seen the NRL over-turn a result due to incompetent refereeing before (I'm sure they thought about it after the Broncos v Titans final though...) and at this stage I'm more concerned about how the Broncos can fix certain aspects of their game to be better. Personally I thought we saw a lot of improvement on Friday, I just hope it wasn't a once off from certain players like Ben Hunt.

I'm sure it's been said, but if Hunt can drop out from in goal 50-55m consistently down the middle why is he not setting up from the 30-40m line is beyond me. Maybe Tommy is right.

I watched Thurston again last night setting up for the field goal, directing his runners exactly where to go and knowing where he was going to kick it from. It was like chalk and cheese looking at our halves.

I watched Thurston again last night setting up for the field goal, directing his runners exactly where to go and knowing where he was going to kick it from. It was like chalk and cheese looking at our halves.

Also it was convenient that his blockers were set so our markers couldn't get out to try and block it

Also it was convenient that his blockers were set so our markers couldn't get out to try and block it

Of course but in golden point, players are ALWAYS offside and never get penalised. I do not understand why on Earth Milford was so close, he should have been a further 10m back. The pass from Macca is always going to be slow but the time it took Milford to take it from hand to ground was also ridiculously slow. Stand 10m back and at least buy yourself some time.

Of course but in golden point, players are ALWAYS offside and never get penalised. I do not understand why on Earth Milford was so close, he should have been a further 10m back. The pass from Macca is always going to be slow but the time it took Milford to take it from hand to ground was also ridiculously slow. Stand 10m back and at least buy yourself some time.

It went to Hunt first, who was a decoy, who then passed it to Milford. But Milford was really only a few metres deeper than Hunt and had runners coming at him as well (teams don't fall for that any more). So definitely, Milford could have afforded to be another 5-6 metres deeper, as he would have avoided being charged down and still would have been within 30 metres or so of the posts (going off memory, I only watched it live though, have not watched replays).

still would have been within 30 metres or so of the posts (going off memory, I only watched it live though, have not watched replays).

Yep, this was the case on both attempts, he could have easily afforded to go back further as JT always or Cronk always do.

Oh, and anyone who thinks we were "lucky" to get away with Roberts' forward pass, have a look at these pearlers:

Thurston to Lowe, 2:45:

And if that's not forward enough, here's two in a row. Lui to Tamou, then Tamou to Thurston, 0:45:

Tell me that last one was backwards. Yet, no mention at the time. "Great try Cowboys, yaaaaaay!".

Oh, and anyone who thinks we were "lucky" to get away with Roberts' forward pass, have a look at these pearlers:

Thurston to Lowe, 2:45:

And if that's not forward enough, here's two in a row. Lui to Tamou, then Tamou to Thurston, 0:45:

Tell me that last one was backwards. Yet, no mention at the time. "Great try Cowboys, yaaaaaay!".

Take aways from these games... we were actually great at holding out Morgan back in those days! Seemed like we were all over him and could actually stop him.

And our short kicking game was far superior from the likes of hoffman and barba haha LOL

This tweet from an AAP journo at training today.

Field goal practice aplenty at broncos training after 21-20 loss to nq. Thaiday (right): "bit late for that boys!"

Typical Thaiday!

On number 5..

Because tonight the broncos wanted to focus on their short kicking game for repeat sets.

Isn't that what this forum has wanted since forever ago??

If we put the ball on the toe, then there's no chance for the fullback to run his sweep play...!

Welcome to the other side of the garden. How's it feel??

If you click the 'Quote' button next to the reply button, on each post you wish to reply to, it will quote each of them for you in a single post.

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • Morkel
  • Lozza
  • Dash
  • winslow_wong
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • Mustafur
  • Organix
  • Scorchie
  • Fitzy
  • Johnny92
  • broncos4life
  • Sproj
  • bazza
  • Skyblues87
  • Rough and Ready
  • LittleDavey
  • Horseheadsup
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.