PRE-GAME Round 2 - Broncos vs Cowboys

You'd have no backup for the backs ? All forwards on the bench, big buggers too ?
Glenn can cover hooker (or centre if necessary) at a pinch. Besides, our utility is currently wearing the 7, and we don't have anyone bashing the door down for a shot at the position...

Shane Webcke, he didn't make his debut until he was 21 (Haas is only 19) ... but it is a different time

It is a different time but am I right in thinking Webcke started at 19 but didn't become a regular until he was 21?

It is a different time but am I right in thinking Webcke started at 19 but didn't become a regular until he was 21?

nope he debuted in 1995 (when he was 21) he would have become a regular in 97 when he was 23

After watching the first part of the cowboys game tonight I’m pretty confident.....confident we will get destroyed. They will roll through our middle like a hot knife in butter. Granville and Thurston will have a field day off the back of a monster forward pack running over the top of us.

We will need to improve on every aspect of our game to even have the slightest chance of winning this game.

Cowboys by 13+

After watching the first part of the cowboys game tonight I’m pretty confident.....confident we will get destroyed. They will roll through our middle like a hot knife in butter. Granville and Thurston will have a field day off the back of a monster forward pack running over the top of us.

We will need to improve on every aspect of our game to even have the slightest chance of winning this game.

Cowboys by 13+

It's like Walters is actually assistant coaching them instead of us. They're playing a lot more dynamically then we did last night.

Something a bit left field but I'm shocked it hasn't been talked about on here.... Oates to centre anyone?

Hear me out:

1. We don't lose his important metres out from our end
2. It gives him minutes closer in with his hole running potential utilised
3. It keeps him on the field for 80 minutes like wing, building his fitness for a potential bench/starting second row spot when bird comes in
4. He will be able to help the winger or even go to wing in our defensive 20 metres
5. It would definetly increase his value for an origin bench spot if he plays well here

And if people are worried about defence in that position, surely it can't be any worse then kahu...

Not saying I think it should or will happen, jut surprised its not been talked about as an option. I think opacic deserves a chance, his defence is worth gold after that last game

There is no doubt Tommy is an excellent defender, but I don't think people should expect him to solve all our defensive issues. One one person doesnt do their job properly, it will throw out our whole structure in defence.

Played Under 19's with Brothers through the Broncos' system in '94 then Ivan's Reserve grade '95. Got his first 10 minutes off the bench against the Bears in '95 and only played 16 games across his first two years.

Something a bit left field but I'm shocked it hasn't been talked about on here.... Oates to centre anyone?

Hear me out:

1. We don't lose his important metres out from our end
2. It gives him minutes closer in with his hole running potential utilised
3. It keeps him on the field for 80 minutes like wing, building his fitness for a potential bench/starting second row spot when bird comes in
4. He will be able to help the winger or even go to wing in our defensive 20 metres
5. It would definetly increase his value for an origin bench spot if he plays well here

And if people are worried about defence in that position, surely it can't be any worse then kahu...

Not saying I think it should or will happen, jut surprised its not been talked about as an option. I think opacic deserves a chance, his defence is worth gold after that last game
I don't think Oates is all that agile and would get caught out laterally in attack and defence

Cowboys by 13+
Agreed, it's going to be a bloodbath

1.boyd
2.oates
3.roberts
4.isaako
5.kahu
6.milf
7.knik
8. Lodge
9. Murphy/ turpin
10.offa
11.glenn
12.gillett
13.maguire
14. Macca
15. Thaiday
16. TPJ
17. Sims
Everyone gets a chance to redeem themselves bar thaiday at 9, kahu @ center and obviously sua . Sims to get replaced if he doesn't aim up , by fai or taga. And let's hope dargan can shine and push for a spot. Maybe even play with boyd and isaako swapping in defense and attack.

So the conclusion is Milf can’t organise, can’t defend in the frontline and is unmotivated in his current role. Also that Boyd is injured, slow and has a single move in attack that could be done by floating around from centre. Keep doing the same thing and get the same results (says the guy who keeps harping on for Milf at fullback).

Well the Sharks are playing like the Broncs did last night, so the end score will be a good indicator of how much the Broncs will get beaten by next week.

Well the Sharks are playing like the Broncs did last night, so the end score will be a good indicator of how much the Broncs will get beaten by next week.

Cows have been in control but they've also been sloppy. Plenty of errors to go around. They're definitely beatable, but that depends largely on our mentality

Cows have been in control but they've also been sloppy. Plenty of errors to go around. They're definitely beatable, but that depends largely on our mentality

They are beatable, particularly early in the season, if you have good defense...unfortunately, the Broncs don't.

Thurston will be rusty....

Not that rusty. He wasn’t amazing tonight, but there is a difference between Thurston and our halves.

One bloke is in his mid-30’s, is finishing his career, they are both early in their career and he has more energy, desire and enthusiasm then both of them combined.

It will be a tight game for 50 minutes because our guys will get up for the big game and try their asses off. And then the Cowboys will run through us in the forwards late.

Most likely a 6-12 point Cowboys win.

Active Now

• Allo
  • Dash
  • broncos4life
  • winslow_wong
  • bb_gun
  • Fozz
  • BroncsNBundy
  • mrtij
  • Johnny92
  • Xzei
  • Old Mate
  • Battler
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.