PRE-GAME Round 2 - Broncos vs Cowboys

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

I think the Cows are understandably lacking a bit of cohesion whereas i think we let ourselves down a little against the storm and we wont play like that again next week.
Fair enough and I so want you to be right.

It also helped that the Roosters were absolutely horrible. They dropped the ball every second run.
The amount of times the Roosters dropped the ball while there was a Burgess in the tackle is humorous.

Last edited:
It also helped that the Roosters were absolutely horrible. They dropped the ball every second run.
It’s not unusual that an NRL side has come back from UK after playing in the club championship and had a shocker first game of the season.

The amount of times the Roosters dropped the ball while there was a Burgess in the tackle is humorous.

And we still got to see a Burgii lose the ball over the line. It’s the stereotype that lives.

I think the Cows are understandably lacking a bit of cohesion whereas i think we let ourselves down a little against the storm and we wont play like that again next week.
Perhaps so but experience is what got the Cows home last night and what they will bring to Lang Park on Friday night. We can buy experience like the Knights have but we have chosen to back the potential of our up and comers. As such, we need to cop it on the chin until time gives them that experience.

That said, I agree with a previous post regarding Seibold being unlikely to make wholesale changes at an early stage. It’s all well and good to put players on notice but to get them offside is a coaches nightmare.

He’s done the correct thing in getting mentoring help from the likes of Johns and Teo and given them every chance. That way, if they don’t or can’t perform, he has every right in making the changes necessary to bring us back to the top of the list where we should have always been.

I have every faith in our new coach Anthony Seibold to do that. Hard as it might be, we just need to hang in there and be patient and to recognise and appreciate the small steps that will come and undoubtedly take us to that position.

Last edited:
Perhaps so but experience is what got the Cows home last night and what they will bring to Lang Park on Friday night. We can buy experience like the Knights have but we have chosen to back the potential of our up and comers. As such, we need to cop it on the chin until time gives them that experience.

That said, I agree with a previous post regarding Seibold being unlikely to make wholesale changes at an early stage. It’s all well and good to put players on notice but to get them offside is a coaches nightmare.

He’s done the correct thing in getting mentoring help from the likes of Johns and Teo and given them every chance. That way, if they don’t or can’t perform, he has every right in making the changes necessary to bring us back to the top of the list where we should have always been.

I have every faith in our new coach Anthony Seibold to do that. Hard as it might be, we just need to hang in there and be patient and to recognise and appreciate the small steps that will come and undoubtedly take us to that position.
Maybe. Agree he must be given time. Were I in charge he would have a two year deal which I would reassess at the end of season one.

Maybe. Agree he must be given time. Were I in charge he would have a two year deal which I would reassess at the end of season one.
But we’ll reassess it at the end of every game on here won’t we?

It probably doesn’t surprise you all that I don’t have much confidence in a W this week. Feel like we’ll be outmuscled and out coached. Would be great if Haas was free to play, however from completely avoidable circumstances he’s not. His size would be a massive asset against the cowboys pack, but again the coach decided to suspend him for not getting into a fight, so no asset available.

Sincerely, I hope I’m wrong. However I’m so consistently correct, everyone should prepare for the L.

It probably doesn’t surprise you all that I don’t have much confidence in a W this week. Feel like we’ll be outmuscled and out coached. Would be great if Haas was free to play, however from completely avoidable circumstances he’s not. His size would be a massive asset against the cowboys pack, but again the coach decided to suspend him for not getting into a fight, so no asset available.

Sincerely, I hope I’m wrong. However I’m so consistently correct, everyone should prepare for the L.

You weren't correct about who our coach was going to be this year!

In regards to Seibold why don't you try giving him a chance? Atleast if we start seeing some success under him than you won't look like such goose that way.

Well I don't think you look like a goose. I too am pessimistic about our chances. The Cows always bring their best game against us and without Lodge we look light on. Combined with Roberts being injured and our unconvincing start in Melbourne we will definitely be up against it. Haas would have been a help and I can see him and Lodge starting later in the year.

Who said it was the coach's decision to suspend him?

Im not too optimistic about our chances this weekend either, but more just due to getting out muscled rather then out coached. I was even watching that cowboys game thinking to myself "thank god we didn't get green as coach". If you can't win games with taumololo on your team in that type of form you are truly struggling as a coach. Add in the greatest halfback of all time and you have yourself a premiership.... He is the Michael hagan of the current day, an alright-ish coach getting made to look great by using "if nothing works pass the ball to..." tactics.

You may as well give up on this season and follow another sport. It’s all over.

Clickbait!

Disagree. How can the forwards lay a platform with the terrible and readable ball they are getting. Melbourne were so in the forwards faves and never in fear of a half darting or being creative with the ball. Coupled with the terrible last play kicking options the forwards had to work overtime in defence with the storm starting with easy meteres after most kicks.

Dunno if I was watching the same game ?
How many times did they kick high to the right ?
Atto Car ran for how many metres ? I saw him waiting under high kicks all game and being snuffed out ?
Not easy metres .
Corey Oates clearly out played him . But the storm kickers are gods ?

1 run away try from a spilt ball , 1 try from a 1 marker situation in our 20 .We lost our right centre in the 1st 5 mins , had to replace him with a rookie . But we need a new half back and the coach sucks . Oh OK ...

What I saw was Lodgey needing a rest . Full 80 mins a tad too much at that effort level . Could have used Fleger for another stint . Might have not led to lodge being left on the ground at the play the ball and the 1 marker situ that created a try .

We played 16 men vs 17 for prolly 75 mins .

I think the alcohol some folks consume during the viewing affects their judgement .

Last edited:
Back-up halves Sean O'Sullivan and Troy Dargan both suffered ankle injuries playing Intrust Super Cup over the weekend.

https://www.broncos.com.au/news/2019/03/18/injury-report-james-roberts/

giphy.gif

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • Lozza
  • Allo
  • Skathen
  • winslow_wong
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.