PRE-GAME Round 2 - Broncos vs Cowboys

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Off the field? Game doesn't start until 7pm.

I was looking in the QRL website and it had them down as winning 4-0 last time I looked! Site has changed now though. Dunno why i didnt check. Thought it was a bit of an odd kick off time

Just for the record, he scored in the 4th min and they didnt kick the conversion! If it actually happens, something weird is going on!

Edit, just having a look, the only thing i can think of is they had the player list of the ISC side down as the MM cup side. Wynnum scored in the 3rd min in that game.

Last edited:
Agree... But it would be trial by media with lodge. There was a tackle in the warriors vs bulldogs game before that was much worse on a player in the air. Much more intent to hit the legs. It will not get cited
Fonua-Blake just flat out attacked Benji's legs and was way worse than Lodge's

I think we need to replace Lodge with some size so that would rule out Fensom. The only viable solutions I see are to straight swap Carrigan in to start or start TPJ and bring Taga to the bench.

Starting TPJ is our only realistic option, but considering the state of his hammies, we must take great care with how we use him, especially coming up against the Cows pack

Lodge has taken the early guilty plea.

I don't see why the Broncos wouldn't fight it. He had nothing to lose, he was going to be suspended for 2 games either way. The replay shows it wasn't as bad as it's made out to be.
Not 100% sure but is there some sort of discount in carry over points if you don’t fight? Like if you do and lose there are extra points, but if you take an early plea those extra points don’t carry over. Not too sure though.

As I recall boyd played a couple of games there late last season but with Jimmy out I don't think siebs will want to make any more backline changes at the moment. I think he will be staying where he is for now.

Will seibs put bird back to right center? Which suits him better and then put staggs on the left?

Not 100% sure but is there some sort of discount in carry over points if you don’t fight? Like if you do and lose there are extra points, but if you take an early plea those extra points don’t carry over. Not too sure though.

They get a 25% reduction of the charge points I believe.

But even taking the early guilty plea, if Lodge gets charged again he's going to be hit hard with loading (3 prior offences), I don't think he'll be escaping suspension.

Will seibs put bird back to right center? Which suits him better and then put staggs on the left?
I think Staggs is a right center as well (or is at least a more right sided player) @Wolfie to confirm.

If that's the case you'd think leave Bird at left given that's his intended position for the year and where he's been practicing all preseason... whilst also having a natural right center fill in. Staggs played right center against tits last year and smashed them

Last edited:
I think Staggs is a right center as well (or is at least a more right sided player) @Wolfie to confirm.

If that's the case you'd think leave Bird at left given that's his intended position for the year and where he's been practicing all preseason... whilst also having a natural right center fill in. Staggs played right center against tits last year and smashed them

He played the majority of his games at right center for Redcliffe.

Lodge has taken the early guilty plea.

I don't see why the Broncos wouldn't fight it. He had nothing to lose, he was going to be suspended for 2 games either way. The replay shows it wasn't as bad as it's made out to be.
Probably picked up a soft tissue injury in the game and the timing was perfect. Had he fought and lost would he have received some carry over points? I'm just guessing at that so...

Kahu does what Boyd doesn't want to do and tackle a prop at full speed. We really miss McGuires work rate, he'll play 80 tonight I reckon.

Last edited:
So your issue with our player is he's not as good as arguably the best player in many's opinions ever we've seen in the game.
Ok
My issue with Glenn is he isn't Sonny Bill, my issue with Milford is he's not as good a locky, issue with nikorima is he isn't Alfie, boyd isn't Slater..

Wait, that was all meant in sarcasm but I genuinely believe that's how y'all think
Macca is the worst dummy half in the comp. He can't even pass the ball without it going end over end. It beggars belief.

Last edited:
Kahu does what Boyd doesn't want to do and tackle a prop at full speed. We really miss McGuires work rate, he'll play 80 tonight I reckon.

Which prop was that? If it was Frizzell Kahu bravely caught the ball then got smashed

Macca is the worst dummy half in the comp. He can't even pass the ball without it going end over end. It beggars belief.

Worst dummy half in the comp? Not really.

But he is not in the top tier of hookers either. He's around the middle.

Worst dummy half in the comp? Not really.

But he is not in the top tier of hookers either. He's around the middle.

I think so too, and that's not really a compliment either - I'd say the NRL is really fucking short on quality hookers. Far worse quality in general than any other position.

If it wasn't for Smith, it would be a joke.

Last edited:
I think so too, and that's not really a compliment either - I'd say the NRL is really fucking short on quality hookers. Far worse quality in general than any other position.

If it wasn't for Smith, it would be a joke.

Hodgson is pretty good.

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • Xzei
  • winslow_wong
  • Spoon
  • Nerd
  • Brocko
  • FACTHUNT
  • Dash
  • Mister Wright
  • Sproj
  • cento
  • Big Del
  • Foordy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.