PRE-GAME Round 2 - Broncos vs Cowboys

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

I actually really like this, especially for this game, for a few reasons.
1. Cowboys backline is offensively the least intimidating in the league, opacic, kahu or oniell won't scare me if a back rower has to cover an injury at centre. The only possible bad case scenario is if nene Macdonald's wing (oates) has to be covered. Feldt is still out I believe?
2. The only way the cowboys are winning is the middle. Although we know that, it's still bloody hard to beat, we need to give ourselves a bit extra with 2 of our big middles out. Morgan may do something great on the edge but the only way that happens is if lolo (especially) and the rest are trampling our middle. If there was ever a game we needed extra forward reinforcement it is this one. Our edges will need to rush up together early if lolo is starting there too, we can't let him isolate nikorima
3. Quick feet and changing of angles in the middle will trouble the cowboys middle men big time. This will only happen with our forwards not being fatigued, the extra middle man safe guards us if we get an early on slaught from the cowboys. The dragons did this for parts of the game but really missed debelin for this. We also need to isolate lolo with this to fatigue him.

Watching the Cows game the other night, their right side seems pretty solid, but their left side with Bowen and O'Neill seemed very erratic. They both did some good things, and some really stupid plays, think we could really exploit them. I also noticed they attack a hell of a lot down their left side.

Their pack, especially JT3 have me a little concerned. They all looked like they made plenty of meters and we really need to be on our game to stop them. Moose is bound to be more fired up than usual.

Still cant see us losing this though.

Last edited:
I think a utiluty type player would be handy still. As big as they are, if we can play at the right end of the park we can wear them down. Id also like to see knik or milf given permission to take a dummy half run when they think it is on and be encouraged to do so.
Those big blokes especially can be caught out at the back end of halves. It's happened to us enough in the past. a utility type could switch in with macca moved to lock for a stint.
One advantage we have with macca is he protects the middle of the ruck effectively but that is not true of the cowboys. I think they are a little vulnerable there.

The only time 4 forwards on the bench is ideal is when you somehow know like 2 of your other forwards are going to get injured during the match for sure. Otherwise the last one plays even less minutes than what Flegler did on Friday, or you'll end up taking minutes away from better forwards.

I don't think you need more than 3 no matter what kind of pack the opposition has.

Last edited:
The only time 4 forwards on the bench is ideal is when you somehow know like 2 of your other forwards are going to get injured during the match for sure. Otherwise the last one plays even less minutes than what Flegler did on Friday, or you'll end up taking minutes away from better forwards.

I don't think you need more than 3 no matter what kind of pack the opposition has.

If Staggs is already in the run on side due to Roberts being out, I don't think four forwards is a bad option. Fifita and Glenn can play centres if they have to. Bird, Issako or Milf/KNik can shift to fullback if needed and Boyd can cover wing if it came to it. The backline is pretty well covered.

I reckon Roberts will play. Bench will be Fifita, Flegler, Fensom and Staggs. Containing this big Cows pack won't be easy but hopefully Offa and TPJ stand up.

I'm starting to dislike Seibold.

Remember if Roberts is out, Staggs’ position opens up too. While it would be weird to spruik the debut of just one player if two are on club debut, they might be keeping Carrigan’s debut a secret. It’s not the first time it’s happened, normally to keep the media away from them and distracting their prep. Fensom & Carrigan seem to me to be the right replacements, pretty sure I even said so after Thursday.

Edit: Even if Roberts is out, they’ll name him in 3, have Staggs on the bench, and Carrigan as 18 or 19.

Last edited:
Remember if Roberts is out, Staggs’ position opens up too. While it would be weird to spruik the debut of just one player if two are on club debut, they might be keeping Carrigan’s debut a secret. It’s not the first time it’s happened, normally to keep the media away from them and distracting their prep. Fensom & Carrigan seem to me to be the right replacements, pretty sure I even said so after Thursday.

Edit: Even if Roberts is out, they’ll name him in 3, have Staggs on the bench, and Carrigan as 18 or 19.

Index

Just trying to keep that hope alive for you.

Shaun fensom stats from weekend games.
4 total runs 51 running meters, 19 contact meters, 46 tackles made and missed tackles 2, Tackle Efficiency 93.9%, Total minutes played 65:00, first 48:31 and second 16:20.
Patrick carrigan stats from weekend games.
14 total runs 141 running meters, 45 contact meters, 26 tackles made and missed tackles 0, Tackle Efficiency 96.3%, Total minutes played 50:00, first 34:52 and second 15:33.

Last edited:
Shaun fensom stats from weekend games.
4 total runs 51 running meters, 19 contact meters, 46 tackles made and missed tackles 2, Tackle Efficiency 93.9%, Total minutes played 65:00, first 48:31and second 16:20.
Patrick carrigan stats from weekend games.
14 total runs 141 running meters, 45 contact meters, 26 tackles made and missed tackles 0, Tackle Efficiency 96.3%, Total minutes played 50:00, first 34:52 and second 15:33.
Carrigan is a machine. Fensom though, 4 runs in 65 minutes? That's horrible.

The plan for Taumololo is the same as it is for all the big attacking players especially latrell Mitchell. Belt him early, belt him often.

The plan for Taumololo is the same as it is for all the big attacking players especially latrell Mitchell. Belt him early, belt him often.

Just need to get up in his face as he's getting the ball not letting him get a roll on and direct some traffic his way in attack building up his tackle count.

Do that, we'll limit the impact he can have on the game.

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • Midean
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.