/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Dissapointed we didn’t put 40 on them.
Loved TPJ, Flegler and seeing niko bark out on the field.

Same here. Our main playmakers didn't execute. I'd give them all passing grades but none of Niko, Milford, Boyd or McCullough took the reins given to them. We were clearly far more dominant than that scoreline reflected, and I'm not crediting the Cowboy's defence entirely for that.

I wouldn't say any of them did anything wrong, they just lacked vision. Milford's kicks in particular are troubling. They rarely seem to have any purpose, let alone chasers. Enough has been said about Macca's weak passing game, but Milford's and Niko's aren't great either. Not for their positions.

Of the playmakers, Niko shows the most promise. I really like him as a player, I'm just not sure in what role.

Macca as usual, did little to criticize specifically, but he has no vision and rarely injects anything other than to move the ball from A to B, albeit too slowly. His try, however, was fucking brilliant. He had no right to be up there in support or to pick up that crap pass. He gets to go through to the next round on that alone.

Pleased for Bird. He's copped so much shit over the last year. He's beginning to look the goods to me.

Flegler and TPJ. **** me dead. Just terrific.

NSW are going to be unstoppable this year if they pick the right forwards (TPJ, Fifita (said he’s available I believe), Lodge) instead of fake tough guys who the media overrate severely (RCG).

About the refs, it was absolutely hilarious that they tried to make up a penalty for ‘shadowing’ (that should deadset be investigated if this was a professional competition) to blatantly give the Cows the standard leg up and instead had to give a 20 restart instead of the drop out. So instead of making up a penalty on top of an already incorrect call to help the Cows, they were forced to give the Broncos the right call. That was just unbelievable to watch.

Atkins initially ruled that the ball had come off Nikorima in his attempt to shepard it over the sideline, making it a goal-line drop out to the Cowboys. They call 'shepparding' 'shadowing' and that seemed to bamboozle Braith Anasta, which isn't exactly difficult.

The decision was always going to be reviewed, so no harm, no foul.

No, not in Isaako’s case. How can it be a forward pass, much less a deliberate forward pass when he isn’t passing it to someone. The refs got it wrong and people excusing them just perpetuates the problems they have.

Players cannot deliberately throw the ball forward. Josh Reynolds was famously pinged in Round 26 2014 against the Gold Coast Titans when he tried to make the ball dead. Reynolds was running towards the sideline and despite only being a couple of paces away, he decided to throw the ball forward, resulting in the Titans receiving a penalty.

The only odd call in that passage was Coen Hess being ruled onside despite being a metre forward. Chids just wanted to go home at that point.

He looks like a future captain: problem is he probably wouldn't be on the field enough. Better to have an 80 minute player leading.

His motor will improve

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves. JT went off injured so really didn’t get a proper right of reply. TPJ was definitely winning, there is no doubt about that, but a fully fit Lolo would have plenty left in the tank.

How many times have we seen TPJ struggle and then go off with an injury?

He is a beast, no question, but people are acting like he owned JT for the whole game.

Yeah it was really hard for JT to respond after his life force was obliterated by TPJ

Last edited:
You can always tell those who watch at home and who sees the entire game from the stands. If you think Milford had a bad or disappointing game, you really need to check yourselves.

How are our rejects turning out? Are you enjoying Moose’s fourth tackle settlers? What about Opacic’s runs, have you figured out if he is stationary or actually moving yet? Took me a while too.
I actually wasn't to fussed on the moose signing, but he was our best fwd last night. I was hoping that Opa might have been an upgrade on linnet, but........ Still early days & ummmmmm didn't you guys give us a touch up in the corresponding game in 2015 & we all remember how that year played out [emoji6][emoji6][emoji6]

NSW are going to be unstoppable this year if they pick the right forwards (TPJ, Fifita (said he’s available I believe), Lodge) instead of fake tough guys who the media overrate severely (RCG).

Fifita is a Queenslander ...

apart from that, stop giving the cockroaches ideas

Last edited:
Fifita is a Queenslander ...

apart from that, stop giving the cockroaches ideas

Sharks Fifita :). Should have called him Fatfita to be clearer.

Last edited:
I actually wasn't to fussed on the moose signing, but he was our best fwd last night. I was hoping that Opa might have been an upgrade on linnet, but........ Still early days & ummmmmm didn't you guys give us a touch up in the corresponding game in 2015 & we all remember how that year played out [emoji6][emoji6][emoji6]

Yeah I remember what happened, we shit the bed and you reserve grade coach bradbury’d his way to a premiership and has been living off that ever since

From the opening defensive set, Brisbane set a tone that left the Cowboys completely bamboozled. Led by firebrand Tevita Pangai Jr, the Broncos asserted their dominance and while that fiery start took it's toll on both sides, Brisbane came out the better side and were very impressive in victory.

With the ball, they didn't always execute but they asked so many questions of the defence that it was nearly impossible to defend against. Brisbane weaponised their edges extremely well and were constantly turning tables through out the night.

While a lot of the elements that were on display last night were apparent in the Week 1 game, Seibold made a couple of adjustments that made the team much stronger. The decision to start Fifita and Pangai Jr gave Brisbane more potency around the edge of the ruck, enabling the Broncos to bend the line more and establish more momentum through the ruck. Also Seibold showed more trust in his bench and was able to manage the forwards better. Su'A was much improved over last week and Flegler had a dream performance in his first ever NRL game at Suncorp.

Sharks Fifita :). Should have called him Fatfita to be clearer.

And possibly hass if he hits the ground running. Klemmer , fatfita, Tpj and hass as a forward rotation then trbojevic at lock. Yikes!!

You can always tell those who watch at home and who sees the entire game from the stands. If you think Milford had a bad or disappointing game, you really need to check yourselves.

I agree with this. Reading the comments on the train home from the game about Milford I couldn’t believe people at watched the same game.

Active Now

• theshed
  • Foordy
  • MrMoore
  • Xzei
  • Broncorob
  • Mr Fourex
  • Jazza
  • Sproj
  • levikaden
  • Bish
  • LittleDavey
  • The True King
  • Morepudding
  • Johnny92
  • bb_gun
  • Manofoneway
  • Culhwch
  • GCBRONCO
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.