Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

I agree with this. Reading the comments on the train home from the game about Milford I couldn’t believe people at watched the same game.

Massive milf fan but his passing was woeful in the first half

I agree with this. Reading the comments on the train home from the game about Milford I couldn’t believe people at watched the same game.

There's a expectation with milf because of his price tag, he didn't have a bad game but it wasn't that good either. He got outplayed by kodi so he is expected to cop criticism.
I think it's confidence atm hopefully he set up and score some tries to get some confidence back.

No....not really. Knik was purposely grubbering out over the touch line with 15 mins to go.
It was the right play. Our attack had gotten a little ragged with poor passing and some simple errors. Knik in my opinion pretty much had a blinder in just about everything he was capable or asked to do, including his much-maligned defence. He learnt from what the storm did last week and enacted it perfectly. He still needs improvement in general play kicking but you can't fault him on this one, using everything he had and was capable of.
Milford struggled contrastingly but had a shining moment at the end when he passed out of dummy half for the Broncos last try.
As for Macca, he was solid without being more, though you must remember he is literally the hardest working player in the NRL. Every play, either in attack or defence he is expected to be a part of. I think he is unkindly judged that way and it would be his and the team's benefit if he was given the opportunity to rest a spell the way that cam smith does occasionally, either moved to 5/8th or subbed for a fast utility. That kick he did midfield for a bomb though suggest he needs work on his kicking (though he was thrown it on a prayer).

Whoever organized the moments silence last night for the Christchurch massacre did a pretty piss poor job.

The time they did it couldn't have been the worst time. The teams were still out on the field warming up, most of the people in the stadium were still getting their beer, food and trying to find their seats etc.. There wasn't any silence at all. I imagine half of the people in the stadium didn't even know it was happening.

Why on earth would you have it then instead of right before kick off?

"The only odd call in that passage was Coen Hess being ruled onside despite being a metre forward. Chids just wanted to go home at that point."[/QUOTE]

That was a hilariously bad call. I was watching the game with my old man and we we're in utter disbelief when the the video ref claimed the chasers we're onside referring to Hess.

Then it was almost impossible to tell who touched the ball it came down from the bomb. He looked at it a few times then ruled cowboys had knocked on....he had clearly given up!

Last edited:
"The only odd call in that passage was Coen Hess being ruled onside despite being a metre forward. Chids just wanted to go home at that point."

That was a hilariously bad call. I was watching the game with my old man and we we're in utter disbelief when the the video ref claimed the chasers we're onside referring to Hess.

Then it was almost impossible to tell who touched the ball it came down from the bomb. He looked at it a few times then ruled cowboys had knocked on....he had clearly given up![/QUOTE]

And fair enough too, it was like 5 minutes after the siren.

And Flegler, Joffa, Carrigan, Fifita, Su’A, Arrow, whoever Melbourne have poached at the time and Hess isn’t a bad pack developing either for Qld.

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves. JT went off injured so really didn’t get a proper right of reply. TPJ was definitely winning, there is no doubt about that, but a fully fit Lolo would have plenty left in the tank.

How many times have we seen TPJ struggle and then go off with an injury?

He is a beast, no question, but people are acting like he owned JT for the whole game.

TPJ was just as immense last year in the same game. What he needs to do is that standard of performance most weeks.

I agree, how could it possibly be a forward pass if it wasn't a pass?

Is someone who gathers a grubber in the in-goal and then throws out over the dead ball line to concede a line drop out doing a deliberate forward pass? I've seen Darius and various other fullbacks do that, never seen it called a penalty for deliberate forward pass.

Aren’t they defenders? Aren’t they throwing out backwards? I doubt very much of an attacker is going to throw the ball over the deadball line to give the opposition a 20m restart.

Same here. Our main playmakers didn't execute. I'd give them all passing grades but none of Niko, Milford, Boyd or McCullough took the reins given to them. We were clearly far more dominant than that scoreline reflected, and I'm not crediting the Cowboy's defence entirely for that.

I wouldn't say any of them did anything wrong, they just lacked vision. Milford's kicks in particular are troubling. They rarely seem to have any purpose, let alone chasers. Enough has been said about Macca's weak passing game, but Milford's and Niko's aren't great either. Not for their positions.

Of the playmakers, Niko shows the most promise. I really like him as a player, I'm just not sure in what role.

Macca as usual, did little to criticize specifically, but he has no vision and rarely injects anything other than to move the ball from A to B, albeit too slowly. His try, however, was fucking brilliant. He had no right to be up there in support or to pick up that crap pass. He gets to go through to the next round on that alone.

Pleased for Bird. He's copped so much shit over the last year. He's beginning to look the goods to me.

Flegler and TPJ. **** me dead. Just terrific.

No vision? Did you not see Macca drift left and drag three defenders with him to open up a yawning gap for TPJ to stroll through? What about him pointing to Milford to get to the left side to set up the first try? I guess you Macca haters will see what you want to see.

Last edited:
No vision? Did you not see Macca drift left and drag three defenders with him to open up a yawning gap for TPJ to stroll through? What about him pointing to Milford to get to the left side to set up the first try? I guess you Macca haters will see what you want to see.

He points every time he plays the ball. It usually doesn't bear any relation to which way the ball goes. Watch him closer.

I’m looking forward to TPJ v T.Sims next week. It will be interesting to see if he can do a job two weeks running

He got owned in the final last year so hopefully he gets one back on Sims

Last edited:
Yes, but he's still our weak link in the team. I love Macca but his time with us is done unless he miraculously has Damien Cook like speed and is an amazing attacking weapon.

54516024 406169113279019 184280236169363456 n

Active Now

• kman
  • Fozz
  • BroncoFan94
  • Skathen
  • GCBRONCO
  • Painin the Haas
  • Mustafur
  • RolledOates
  • Culhwch
  • FACTHUNT
  • Jazza
  • Financeguy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.