Round 2 - Broncos vs. Dragons - Post Game Thread

Seriously it'll be ugly.

yeah i'll be honest. with our injuries, especially hodges in defense, we will do well to stay within 16 of them.

i'll be happy with another big effort next week. no giving up

Huge effort from the boys....well deserved victory.

St merge were woeful. But there are some good signs for the Broncs.

Griffin mixing things up.....is one.

Hannant was great.....Gillett too.....Parker was a workhorse, even Thaiday stepped up his game to a level we'd all like to see more of.

Stagg showed some of his value.

Forwards were running in pairs.....great to see

Prince at half has to be the way to go. We could hide/protect him easier if he played one in?

Hoffman....looks good on the wing. Reed picked his act up even if he did trip over a blade of grass when he was set to score.

Norman was good/solid. He chimed in well in attack and cleaned up nicely at the back. Still a little loose at times, but he's starting to play with confidence. This can only benefit Brisbane in the long run.

Over all...... a good answer to some of the critics.

Let's not get too carried away. The Dragons have one of the worst spines and centre combinations in the game. Our effort was great.. but they didn't ask many questions. Bring on next week!

Yes......it wouldn't suit your agenda if we all got carried away and said something positive about the team for a change. :001_rolleyes:

Kick chase was terrible, conceding multiple length of the field line breaks when they should have had them tied down at their own end, gotta chase as a line. Thaiday should have made the tackle on morris in the first half but was lazy and left it for his inside chaser who wasn't there! and it cost us hodges for 10mins.

Yep, this desperately needs improving. We probably have the worst kick chase in the comp.

It was one of my major gripes last season, and it seems to have gotten worse this year (although that might be harsh, as it's only round two). It's such a huge part of the game IMO, you can't afford not to chase as a line. There were three or four instances where we completed a set after being under heavy pressure from the Dragons, only to muff it with our kick chase. If you can get a good kick away and pin down the opposition in their corner/close to their line, it's a momentum changer.

That chase before Morris nearly went all the way up the other end was dire. I think there were three Broncos who went up as a line, and then the rest of our guys were just scattered around the field, expecting the ball carrier to be wrapped up just like that. Really pissed me off.

Yes......it wouldn't suit your agenda if we all got carried away and said something positive about the team for a change. :001_rolleyes:

You know I'm right. Are you saying the Dragons are a top 8 team this year? Are you saying their centres are dangerous?
I am being positive. The effort was great tonight. Suck it up

Yep, this desperately needs improving. We probably have the worst kick chase in the comp.

You could argue that they were fucked from all of the defence they had to do tonight....?

norman played like he wants another broncs contract ;)
Yes I thought he went alright, so did Wallace.

Have my doubts about Reed though.

We looked tired in periods but the boys kept digging in.

You know I'm right. Are you saying the Dragons are a top 8 team this year? Are you saying their centres are dangerous?
I am being positive. The effort was great tonight. Suck it up

I'm enjoying the win......but I dare say more than you are

as I said,

Brisbane winning, sort of gets in road for you.

I'm enjoying the win......but I dare say more than you are

as I said,

Brisbane winning, sort of gets in road for you.

You're not enjoying the win. Wallace had a decent game tonight. You were hoping he failed.

at least kick chase is usually an easy fix.

Aye, it should be, but the fact the problem seems to have continued on from last season makes me wonder in the coaching staff even see it as an issue!

Then the team isn't fit enough then. What were they doing during the off season?

[Insult Removed]

ANY team that had to defend as much as Brisbane did would have tired legs for kick chasing

Last edited by a moderator:
We had to do WAY more defence tonight than last week, and yet held on. Our fitness improved that much in a week? Pffft. It was heart tonight. Heart was missing last week.

ANY team that had to defend as much as Brisbane did would have tired legs for kick chasing

The person who really wants to do something finds a way; the other person finds an excuse

Last edited by a moderator:
plenty of other sides have looked unfit. we'll get there. it was heart that mattered to me and there was plenty fo that.

We had to do WAY more defence tonight than last week, and yet held on. Our fitness improved that much in a week? Pffft. It was heart tonight. Heart was missing last week.

So your saying heart was missing from the kick chase tonight....?

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • KateBroncos1812
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.