Round 2 - Broncos vs. Dragons - Post Game Thread

The person who really wants to do something finds a way; the other person finds an excuse

Yeah....apparently Dane had a whole list of excuses when he was at Brisbane.

So your saying heart was missing from the kick chase tonight....?

Less than last week. That time Taufua picked the ball up on the dead ball line and ended up tackled on the 30m line was an absolute disgrace.

At least the Dragons had to throw he ball out to Morris to make our chase look bad tonight....

I will enjoy the win, sometimes from ugly wins good things happen because they start to believe in themselves. Kick chase would be the only thing that gave me heart failure
BTW I thought it was the Roosters next week not Storm

We had to do WAY more defence tonight than last week, and yet held on. Our fitness improved that much in a week? Pffft. It was heart tonight. Heart was missing last week.

I love this positive attitude.

It's something that this forum is missing.

Yes......you can almost hear the struggled, choking & coughing sound..... as it comes out from some of the keyboards.

Yes......you can almost hear the struggled, choking & coughing sound..... as it comes out from some of the keyboards.

Oh **** off. Last week was a disgrace. If the team had shown half the spirit it showed tonight they would've won that game.

i don't blame anyone for writing the guys off after last week. It was one of the most pissweak halves of football I've seen from any team in any sport in the last 20 years.

I will enjoy the win, sometimes from ugly wins good things happen because they start to believe in themselves.

this!

plenty to work on. makes hte training field a much better place with a win on the board and the confidence to go on and get another the next week. bit more of a spring in the step and things will start coming together

:laugh: carn boys lighten up, we just proved like we always seem to that at the end of the day....

St. George can't play!

Sing it with me!

Stgeorgecantplay.jpg

I thought Wallace was excellent. He actually played with energy and determination in attack. Such spark from Wally. Gillett despite a very good game looks fat, and in fact from the dressing room shot, so do a lot of others. As Coxy said, tonight was all about heart not fitness which is still great, but won't be enough against a fit disciplined side like the Storm.

At the same time, I thought the team largely kept its shape and structure for a change which is a positive sign.

However, I am worried about the defence on either side out wide. A faster, flatter attack would have had us in big trouble. Saints were dreadful with their attack out wide. I thought we were caught too short too many times and it is a real worry for me. Melbourne will be merciless out wide.

Nevertheless, very promising performance from a team under the pump big time. I'd like to see Hoffa in the centres too.

And yes, where is Kemp?

I know Gillett was Ch. 9's MOTM but to me, Hodgo was the difference. 4 try savers and a try assist prevented the Broncs from succumbing yet again. Unfortunately his hammy will have the final say this season as well. Great effort by the boys tonite and although they still have massive problems, it may inject a bit of confidence in some of them. We need some decent halves though, will go nowhere until a solution is put in place.

It was a good win tonight.

The players actually played as a team tonight.

About the 9 commentators, how could they all miss Fien pushing the marker over. (They replayed it heaps of times & they still didn't see it)

I knew straight away it wasn't going to be a try. I thought if the push it's worthy of it being no try, then the obstuction seconds later would.

Gus doesn't want to admit he was wrong.

Last edited:
Why do we keep talking about Melbourne? Who gives a shit how they play, we're playing the Roosters next week! We'll deal with the salary cap cheats when it's our turn to play them.

Very very proud of the the boys although it was against the Dragons but what a win that was they played with courage, determaination, heart and guts to win tonight. Very little ball, Hodgo sin-binned, repeatedly on the back foot, finished with 15 men, played with just over 40% of possession for most of the game, everything going against them and came out with a 16 point victory. The Dragons attack was very bland and predictable both Soward and Fien are ordinary halves, Morris was the only player from the Dragons that looked like breaking our line. Good to see some of the boys coming together I thought Hoffman, Reed, Wallace and Norman all played strong games. This win will give us a lot of confidence.

ST GEORGE CAN'T PLAY, ST GEORGE CAN'T PLAY, ST GEORGE CAN'T PLAY

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Financeguy
  • BroncosAlways
  • Skathen
  • BroncoFan94
  • Wolfie
  • Brocko
  • Broncorob
  • Hurrijo
  • Cavalo
  • Johnny92
  • The Boss
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.