10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

unnerv1ng

NYC Player
Mar 19, 2014
Dissapointed Benny still won't look at the square and at least give Esese or Timu an 18th man role. Always selecting the "solid" option. Was really hoping to see Timu get a run : ( Albeit he probably would have only played him for 6 minutes.

T

talanoa

NRL Player
Jan 16, 2014
Wayne enjoys making us look stupid.

Ese'ese, Timu, Molo? Neither! Boyce it is.

I can live with it, I don't think Boyce is a superstar by any means but I was impressed with his work-rate in the Seagulls trial.

boyce was pretty solid on the weekend, lot of tackles and hit ups as well. he is the sort of guy wayne likes, no nonsense and straight up and down.
boyce wont win you a game with brilliance but you know what you get from him each week when he runs on to the paddock.

Mosyzlak

Mosyzlak

QCup Player
Dec 14, 2013
Dissapointed Benny still won't look at the square and at least give Esese or Timu an 18th man role. Always selecting the "solid" option. Was really hoping to see Timu get a run : ( Albeit he probably would have only played him for 6 minutes.
Going from my memory of last season, Bennett seems to use the 18th man as a smokescreen and adjust it on game day. Plus he's not Griffin so the 6 minute thing is in the past...

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
The new interchange rules pretty much scrap the 6 minute game time.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Gavet's 12 months here was issue plagued and he needs to sort some serious things out. Which I hope he does away from football. I am not at all shocked today's decision was reached.

I wrote the above when Gavet was released to return to the Warriors. Given the serious nature of the issue I didn't expand anymore.

FEATURE: How Wayne Bennett saved a 'suicidal' Gavet | Sunshine Coast Daily

This read by Wayne Hemming today has been written and sheds more light on what I was talking about. James' life was pretty low last year and he tried to take his own life.

It's great that Wayne has helped him and he's sorting it all out.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
I wrote the above when Gavet was released to return to the Warriors. Given the serious nature of the issue I didn't expand anymore.

FEATURE: How Wayne Bennett saved a 'suicidal' Gavet | Sunshine Coast Daily

This read by Wayne Hemming today has been written and sheds more light on what I was talking about. James' life was pretty low last year and he tried to take his own life.

It's great that Wayne has helped him and he's sorting it all out.
Great read.

Glad things are working out for Gavet... depression is such a hard thing to battle. Wayne did really well here!

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Highlights of the Round 22, 2011 clash between Broncos and Warriors.

Last edited by a moderator:
Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Look at that.

Peter Wallace winning us a game.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008

Broncos 25 defeated Auckland Warriors 22

Warriors first ever team:

1. Phil Blake
2. Sean Hoppe
3. Dean Bell (c)
4. Manoa Thompson
5. Whetu Taewa
6. Gene Ngamu
7. Greg Alexander
8. Gavin Hill
9. Duane Mann
10. Hitro Okesene
11. Stephen Kearney
12. Kuripitone Tatupu
13. Tony Timavave

14. Se'e Solomona
15. Tea Ropati
16. Jason Mackie
17. Martin Moana

Broncos:

1. Julian O'Neill
2. Wendall Sailor
3. Michael Hancock
4. Chris Johns
5. Willie Carne
6. Kevin Walters
7. Allan Langer (c)
8. Glenn Lazarus
9. Kerrod Walters
10. Andrew Gee
11. Brad Thorn
12. Alan Cann
13. Darren Smith

14. John Plath
15. Peter Ryan
(16 and 17 couldn't find sorry)

Last edited by a moderator:
Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Look at that.

Peter Wallace winning us a game.

Great job Freaky.

That was an awesome game. The Warriors produced some of the best plays of 2011 and the Broncos showed some great composure to weather the storm and get the better of them either side of half-time.

Also, it's easy to rag on Wallace but under pressure he was better than most halves. He's like Hodkinson in that sense. I don't really think too much of Trent, but his ability to come up with the big play under pressure made him into an Origin winning halfback.

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
Wacko's whispers saying that Kahu is playing tomorrow with Eden dropping out. Blokes pretty spot on a lot of the time

Daniel Dowell

Daniel Dowell

Banned User
Dec 6, 2013
Uploadfromtaptalk1457568833139

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...s/news-story/9fd20ee3caae6e909e3d87fb89eceefb

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
I dunno how you miss 0 weeks with a torn quad.. I'd probably prefer we don't risk him and give him another weeks rest.

Daniel Dowell

Daniel Dowell

Banned User
Dec 6, 2013
Well Quads in my experience have been very fast healers and feel much worse than they are being such a large group of muscles.

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
That will put us at full strength then

Mitch06

Mitch06

NRL Player
Jan 23, 2014
Jordie will know his body pretty well with his history, he'll play if he thinks he is sweet. Would be very cautious if I was Wayne.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Jordie will know his body pretty well with his history, he'll play if he thinks he is sweet. Would be very cautious if I was Wayne.

Agreed, Kahu has had a rough trot of injuries and finally had luck last season, if he felt it was any real concern he wouldn't play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • Manofoneway
  • Porthoz
  • rnabokov
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.