Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sus

QCup Player
Aug 20, 2013
Seve trained today at right centre

yeah read that too!! FMD how awesome would that be...

just a precaution you would have to think though?

who's the little fella training in that small group with Jimmy and Kahu?

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
yeah read that too!! FMD how awesome would that be...

just a precaution you would have to think though?

who's the little fella training in that small group with Jimmy and Kahu?

He jumped in at centre last week too.

broncoboy

broncoboy

QCup Player
Oct 15, 2015
it is said that caleb timu is coming into the team to go on the bench in place for sam thaiday

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
Danger game for us, the loss to the Tigers might spur them into action giving them the wake up call they need. I didn't see the game but it seems like they were embarrassed by a Tigers team missing half their spine. We've got a lot of improvement to do and the Warriors will be a stiffer test than the Eels if they turn up.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
THE Broncos’ game of musical chairs at centre has hit overdrive with Jack Reed rocketing into contention for Friday night’s clash against the Warriors at Suncorp Stadium.

But the positive news surrounding Reed’s impending comeback was tempered by the sight of centre sensation James Roberts failing to train at Red Hill.

Roberts picked up a slight calf strain against Parramatta last week and was restricted to performing light shuttle runs alongside Jordan Kahu, who injured a quadricep muscle in Brisbane’s 17-4 defeat of the Eels.

Broncos insiders remain confident Roberts will start at right centre, although young gun Marion Seve, a cancer survivor, is on standby for his Broncos debut against the Warriors.

Another racing the clock is Reed, who will be assessed by Broncos medicos this afternoon after training strongly in his comeback from off-season shoulder surgery.

The British Test centre completed the entire session, including defensive drills, and if given the green light will start at left centre against a monster Warriors line-up.

Broncos veteran forward Sam Thaiday is confident Reed will take his place and made lighthearted comparisons to Roberts and his No.4 predecessor, the injury-prone Justin Hodges.

“James took Hodgo’s contract, took his jersey and now he’s taken his training program,” Thaiday said.

“He has a better body than Hodgo but he trains exactly like him.

“These are old injuries he has brought to our club so we’re just figuring out how to manage him. The thing with Hodgo is we had him for so long we knew how to manage him so we just have to work out how to manage ‘The Jet’ (Roberts) now.”

Of Reed, Thaiday said: “He still has to get some medical checks, that’s the only thing holding him back at the moment, he’s training hard and doing all the tackling required.

“He jumped in with myself and Josh McGuire today so I was pretty impressed with him. He really tested himself. I hope he plays this week but if not it might be the week after.”

The lightning quick Seve, likened in style to Broncos legend Steve Renouf, showed nice touches at training today.

A debut against the Warriors would be a daunting assignment, but Seve clearly has the goods after a two-try haul in the Intrust Super Cup last week for feeder-club Ipswich.

“Marion has some speed too so if he plays hopefully we get him into open spaces,” hooker Andrew McCullough said.

“He came over from the Wests Tigers and Wayne (Bennett, coach) sees some potential in him.

“He will keep it nice and simple for him if he does get his chance. He showed some good signs at training today, but if he doesn’t get his chance, he will go back to his feeder club and play well.”

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...n/news-story/bbcb72777c1a7571cb70335f0df7384d

Mitch06

Mitch06

NRL Player
Jan 23, 2014
We should be able to grind the Warriors out. The amount of unforced errors they came up with was ridiculous. Wrap the ball up and apply pressure in attack and I think they will crack.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
We should be able to grind the Warriors out. The amount of unforced errors they came up with was ridiculous. Wrap the ball up and apply pressure in attack and I think they will crack.

Yeah this. They are mentally weak and their entire game plan relies on second phase. Stop that and we win.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Vodafone Warriors -

1. Roger Tuivasa-Scheck
2. Tuimoala Loloahea
3. Blake Ayshford
4. Solomone Kata
5. Manu Vatuvei
6. Shaun Johnson
7. Jeff Robson
8. Jacob Lillyman
9. Issac Luke
10. Ben Matulino
11. Bodene Thompson
12. Ryan Hoffman (c)
13. Simon Mannering

14. Nathaniel Roache
15. Sam Lisone
16. James Gavet
17. Raymond Faitala-Mariner

Last edited:
Mitch06

Mitch06

NRL Player
Jan 23, 2014
Looks like Andy was happy with the result. I didn't expect to see too many changes at all. And there weren't any that weren't necessary.

B

bb_gun

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 23, 2013
BRONCOS
1. Darius Boyd
2. Corey Oates
3. Jack Reed
4. James Roberts
5. Greg Eden
6. Anthony Milford
7. Ben Hunt
8. Josh McGuire
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Adam Blair
11. Alex Glenn
12. Matt Gillett
13. Corey Parker ©
Interchange:
14. Jarrod Wallace
15. Sam Thaiday
16. Joe Ofahengaue
17. Kodi Nikorima
18. Joe Boyce

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Wayne enjoys making us look stupid.

Ese'ese, Timu, Molo? Neither! Boyce it is.

I can live with it, I don't think Boyce is a superstar by any means but I was impressed with his work-rate in the Seagulls trial.

Mitch06

Mitch06

NRL Player
Jan 23, 2014
Thaiday said Roberts has a few niggling injuries that he brought to the club which is a bit of a concern. Seve will slot straight in if Roberts is at risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Brocko
  • Justwin
  • BroncosAlways
  • Skyblues87
  • Mustafur
  • Accept
  • Morkel
  • Seibs
  • Wolfie
  • Rookie Alan
  • Porthoz
  • bert_lifts
  • johnny plath
  • Shane Tronc
  • Swordfish
  • rnabokov
  • Tmac
  • TimWhatley
  • Midean
  • phoenix
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.