10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smokin' Joe

Smokin' Joe

QCup Player
Dec 11, 2013
Wayne won't make many changes. Barring a training mishap, it will be the same team but with Ese'ese coming off the bench.

Don't write off Maranta making an early comeback....

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I saw the highlights package from the Warriors tigers game .looked like touch footy. Both sides have massive defensive issues.

My main concern about the Warriors is their massive scoring potential when they click, whatever their defensive issues which they will no doubt be working on very hard. Their potential strike power can't be ignored.

This game will be a really good test of our defensive mettle if the Warriors click in attack. For mine, our defence will yet again win this, and, I am so hoping Roberts get's the ball a lot more in good position as Hunt brushes off the rest of the cobwebs from his 5 match lay off.

Broncos by 14

Mitch06

Mitch06

NRL Player
Jan 23, 2014
This week will be a massive test for our right side defence. If the Warriors are on and get a roll on through the middle we could be in trouble out-wide. Sheck, Kata and Manu have a few points in them. Gillet for another big game. Have a feeling Sammy might have a really good game too. Us by 12 +.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
1. Don't drop the ball. Give them >50% possession.
2. Lock the ball up, do not allow offloads.
The proven game plan vs the Warriors.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
How on earth have Reed & Maranta gone from "Out until Round 6-8" to being possibilities to play in Round 2..

Our medical staff must be miracle workers.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Wayne won't make many changes.

Barring a training mishap, it will be the same team but with Ese'ese coming off the bench.

Souths' forwards got dealt a harsh lesson yesterday. Despite having 4 Broncos the Hunters handled them. Ese'ese got through injury free but I think some more ISC work needs to be done.

He's had a good off-season and done well to earn his contract but needs to produce more than yesterday I would think to get an NRL shot.

S

sus

QCup Player
Aug 20, 2013
How on earth have Reed & Maranta gone from "Out until Round 6-8" to being possibilities to play in Round 2..

hope they do the same with Kahu!!

tho i wouldnt have been too pissed if they didnt do exactly everything in their power to rush Reed & Maranta back :rofl: no no, i kid. we are lucky to have the crew we have bless em. or Reed & Maranta are just natural athletes/have rapid-healing super powers?

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014

To be fair, most of the time, the media beats up the injury and normally thinks its the worse injury and would take the maximum time to heal.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
http://www.broncos.com.au/content/broncos/club/news/2016/03/07/injury_update_round_.html

JORDAN Kahu’s scans have come back with some positive news for the international centre.

It was feared Kahu had a badly-torn quadriceps muscle after coming off early in the 17-4 victory over the Parramatta Eels last Thursday.
And while he does indeed have a torn quad, it has been judged only a grade-one injury.
The first fears were Kahu could be out for at least a month, but after scans Broncos’ medical staff have revised it to a two to four-week injury.
He is still certain to miss this Friday’s home season opener at Suncorp Stadium against the New Zealand Warriors.
Coach Wayne Bennett will name his replacement tomorrow, with regular second rower Alex Glenn firming to be in the number four jersey.
Glenn filled in there when Kahu went off against the Eels, and did a nice job including setting up winger Corey Oates for a try (see video).
Grand final centre Jack Reed is still out as his recovery from an off-season shoulder surgery continues.
There were no reports of other injuries for the Broncos, including those that played Queensland Cup over the weekend

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
I'll be heading out to this game, using my first of my four games...

So if anyone is keen for a meet up and a beer I'm in GA rows 529 - 535

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
I'll be heading out to this game, using my first of my four games...

So if anyone is keen for a meet up and a beer I'm in GA rows 529 - 535
Seriously considering it. [MENTION=8215]Morkel[/MENTION], [MENTION=8311]Harry Sack[/MENTION], [MENTION=7802]broncos4life[/MENTION]?

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
Can't go sorry lads. I'd planned to, but it falls on a weekend where I can't. Keen for the Good Friday Cows clash though.....

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
I'm out sorry. All of the things.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Sorry boys I can't either.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
We'll definitely have to tee something up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Lostboy
  • Organix
  • Astro
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Dash
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.