PRE-GAME Round 2 - Broncos vs Warriors

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does everyone expect the team to look like tomorrow?

Barring a miracle comeback from Maranta, I'd let Eden keep his spot on the wing. It'll be a tough battle against Vatuvei, but if you can't perform at Suncorp then you don't belong at the club, it's that simple.

I'd be more excited to see Opacic come in for Kahu, but I can live with Glenn playing there. Milf still needs all the help he can get defensively, trusting a rookie to do their job against a team that has Luke, Johnson and RTS is a bit much. Still, we've got to blood him at some point and build some depth at this club - Friday is as good a chance as any.

Ese'ese, Timu or Molo? Eenie, meanie, minie Ese'ese. I want to see his Matagi esque kick returns and a new fan favourite.

Broncos pack reshuffle likely for Round 2 - NRL.com

The Brisbane Broncos are facing a forward pack reshuffle heading into Friday night's clash against the New Zealand Warriors at Suncorp Stadium.

The club today announced that Jordan Kahu would miss two to four weeks with a hamstring injury, meaning that Alex Glenn will now shift to left centre.

Glenn is no stranger to the position, with the 27-year-old making the move to left centre late in the first half of Brisbane's Round 1 victory against Parramatta.

Broncos captain Corey Parker says although Kahu is a huge loss, Glenn's experience in the position will be invaluable come Friday night.

"It's just a soft tissue injury to Kahu. He'll be given the right treatment and adequate time to recover," Parker said.

"I was hearing four weeks but hopefully he can be back earlier than that. You don't want to rush players back because it's a long season.

"Glenn filled in at centre the other night when Kahu went off injured. If Wayne thinks that is the best thing for the side then I'm sure Alex will do a fine job. He has the ability to fill that role and he's done that for us before.

"It feels like the Warriors get bigger the further they go out. It's always a physical game when you play the Warriors. They are going to push off the back fence and run as hard as they can. You need to be committed and Glenn's defence in the backline won't go astray."

Glenn's move to centre means it is likely Sam Thaiday will start at second-row, with Caleb Timu to be promoted to the bench.

If Timu is named on the bench it will be his NRL debut, a feat two years in the making after leaving his rugby league career in 2014 to pursue a Mormon mission.

Jack Reed will again be absent from the Broncos' line-up as he continues his recovery from off-season shoulder surgery, with the 27-year-old likely to return in Round 3 when Brisbane travels to Penrith.

Parker says Bennett won't rush Reed back this early in the season.

"Reed is a quality footballer as you know and it would be great to have him there but it's only Round 2," he said.

"We don't want to bring Reed back right now if he isn't ready to go. The medical staff will make the decision on him and they'll do so with caution."

Expected 17 -

1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Glenn
4. Roberts
5. Eden
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Blair
11. Thaiday
12. Gillett
13. Parker (c)

14. Wallace
15. Ofahengaue
16. Timu
17. Nikorima

JACK Reed has taken centre stage at Brisbane after scans on Jordan Kahu’s quadriceps injury revealed he should miss just two weeks rather than four.Reed and Alex Glenn shared centre duties at training on Monday, while Reed did contact work on the shoulder that required surgery in the off-season.
Glenn also filled in for James Roberts at right centre, partnering with Greg Eden, but Roberts is expected to be OK for Friday night’s clash with the Warriors at Suncorp Stadium.
Second-rower Glenn is still favoured to replace Kahu at left centre but Reed and Kahu could return as early as next week.
Captain Corey Parker said it would not make sense to gamble on Reed.
“We don’t want to bring Reedy back right now if he’s not ready to go. The medical staff will make a decision,” Parker said.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...s/news-story/4d70633b141bc62f69fb4daf46220c83

WAYNE Bennett hailed him a “miracle player” but Broncos debutant Greg Eden says he will be better prepared for another crack at the NRL.Eden made his long awaited NRL debut for the Broncos against Parramatta last Thursday and had a tough night opposing Fijian flyer Semi Radradra.
The Eels targeted Eden’s new right-side combination with James Roberts, sending the bulk of their kicking and a rampaging Radradra at the English winger.
Despite a few handling errors, Eden held his own and looks set to be given another go against the Warriors at Suncorp Stadium on Friday night after Jordan Kahu suffered a thigh injury.
The 25-year-old said he handled the speed of the NRL well and felt his combination with Roberts stood up to the test.
“It was pretty slippery with the ball and the conditions were hot but that’s no excuse,” Eden said.
“We got a couple of kicks our way. We messed up one of them but apart from that we did pretty well.
“I thought we defended our edge pretty well. They didn’t get a try down our side which was good.
“We’ve got to keep concentrating the whole time and make sure we’re doing the little things right.”

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...g/news-story/0b03685bf382d60b5ac625083d1f6601

What does everyone expect the team to look like tomorrow?

Barring a miracle comeback from Maranta, I'd let Eden keep his spot on the wing. It'll be a tough battle against Vatuvei, but if you can't perform at Suncorp then you don't belong at the club, it's that simple.

I'd be more excited to see Opacic come in for Kahu, but I can live with Glenn playing there. Milf still needs all the help he can get defensively, trusting a rookie to do their job against a team that has Luke, Johnson and RTS is a bit much. Still, we've got to blood him at some point and build some depth at this club - Friday is as good a chance as any.

Ese'ese, Timu or Molo? Eenie, meanie, minie Ese'ese. I want to see his Matagi esque kick returns and a new fan favourite.

I have to say, this is one of the more absolute opinions I've seen from you BP. You are usually pretty moderate in your opinions but this one stands out. I'm not judging I actually agree that he only really has one more poor performance in him, but I'm curious as to what it was about Eden's game in Round 1 that stood out in particular to you that brought you to this view.

It wasn't just the one performance that concerned me, it's his entire career.

His entire career has been plagued with the errors we saw from him on Friday and at 25, he isn't going to get any better.

I hope he steps up - I like his story but that's just the reality of the situation.

It wasn't just the one performance that concerned me, it's his entire career.

His entire career has been plagued with the errors we saw from him on Friday and at 25, he isn't going to get any better.

I hope he steps up - I like his story but that's just the reality of the situation.

You could say that about a lot of current favorites though. Maranta especially

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport... Latest news from Red Hill&itmt=1457396398376

well ive been bit quoting them before.. but Badel at training suggesting Reed a fair chance for Friday!

SMH.. never thought id be happy at the prospect of welcoming Reed back into the side..

10.24am: TRAINING IS FINISHED
The Broncos have received a boost today with Jack Reed set to face the Warriors in Friday night's clash at Suncorp Stadium.

EDIT: oh and Roberts training with Kahu off from the squad.. what the?

Last edited:
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport... Latest news from Red Hill&itmt=1457396398376

well ive been bit quoting them before.. but Badel at training suggesting Reed a fair chance for Friday!

SMH.. never thought id be happy at the prospect of welcoming Reed back into the side..

10.24am: TRAINING IS FINISHED
The Broncos have received a boost today with Jack Reed set to face the Warriors in Friday night's clash at Suncorp Stadium.

EDIT: oh and Roberts training with Kahu off from the squad.. what the?
Roberts has a slight calf strain apparently but should be ok.

Uploadfromtaptalk1457397535964 Uploadfromtaptalk1457397546684

Training half a week after tearing a quad muscle, is he insane.

Good to see Reed will be back at centre. Glenn would do a stop gap job but Reeds much better suited to centre and it allows Glenn to stay in the backrow which is his best position.

Seve trained today at right centre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Strop
  • theshed
  • TimWhatley
  • porouian
  • Santa
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Stix
  • Reds2011
  • Dexter
  • Waynesaurus
  • heartly87
  • Gaz
  • Fozz
  • NSW stables
  • broncsgoat
  • Broncosgirl
  • Browny
  • winslow_wong
  • Robboi_321
  • Kev_Guz
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.