Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
INJURED Brisbane Broncos centre Jordan Kahu has made a stunning recovery from a quad tear last week and will be a shock starter against the Warriors at Suncorp Stadium on Friday night.And Sunshine Coast star Jack Reed has also passed an 11th hour fitness test to return from off-season shoulder surgery.
Speedster James Roberts, who was in some doubt with leg issues, has also been cleared to play.
Kahu will replace Englishman Greg Eden on the wing.

Broncos' Jordan Kahu a shock starter against Warriors | Sunshine Coast Daily

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
You're going to get a big head if you keep talking like that Joe. :laugh:

Ta mate.

austin71

austin71

NRL Player
Apr 21, 2013
Daniel odoody just posted something someone else wrote

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
My mum's son who also happens to be my only brother's brother told me also but I just wanted to keep it to myself. Sorry guys.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008

Last edited by a moderator:
Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
Good news re Kahu but no way was it a tear. I hope he isn't taking a risk because it could cost him a lot of weeks if he does tear it.

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
Yeah this. They are mentally weak and their entire game plan relies on second phase. Stop that and we win.

Sreaming at the TV for 80 minutes "just tackle that f***ing c***t" - evey rugby league fan ever whose team is playing against the Warriors.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Bronco backs given clean bill of health - NRL.com

The Broncos have been bolstered for their first home game of the season on Friday night with coach Wayne Bennett declaring both Jack Reed and Jordan Kahu as certain starters against the Warriors at Suncorp Stadium.
Although Reed had trained earlier in the week Kahu was a shock inclusion at Thursday's final training run after suffering a quadriceps injury against the Eels in Round 1.
Initial estimates suggested that the 25-year-old would miss up to a month of footy but he trained strongly on Thursday and will take his place on the wing, shifting out from the centres to accommodate the return of Reed.
Reed's return after a shoulder reconstruction is also ahead of schedule while James Roberts will take his place in the side at right centre after being troubled by a quadriceps injury earlier in the week.
Pleased to have his strongest available team on the paddock on Friday night, Bennett said that the competition for spots at the Broncos is motivating the players to significantly reduce their recovery times from injuries.
"It's the best team we can put on the field so that's good for the second round of the season," Bennett said.
"The medical staff is wonderful here, these guys are really committed and disciplined with their rehab.
"They don't want to be sitting on the sidelines, particularly when you've got a team that's playing well.
"They're all motivated and that's why Jordan's back, that's why Jack's back early, because they just defy what the normal time is and they are so committed to their rehab.
"They want to be in the team. They don't want to be sitting on the sidelines longer than they have to
"Good clubs are like that; poor clubs it will take six or seven months to get ready to play again."
Early in his career Kahu was plagued by knee injuries that at one point threatened to bring it to an end before it truly got going, Bennett insistent that no risks will be taken with the Kiwi international if he is not fully fit.
"We're not going to play him if he's not [100 per cent]," Bennett said.
"He did everything that was asked of him today (Thursday), he had no pain and no lack of movement. He was free to move, change of direction, stopped, started.
"We won't rush him back, there's no need to rush him back but as far as we're concerned he's fit."
With Kahu, Roberts and Reed all passed fit to play Englishman Greg Eden drops out of the 17.

austin71

austin71

NRL Player
Apr 21, 2013
Anyone else think Eden has lost his chance now and will drop down below Seve in the pecking order?

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Anyone else think Eden has lost his chance now and will drop down below Seve in the pecking order?

Yeah you would imagine so and Maranta will return also.

A

Astro

QCup Player
Jun 27, 2014
It was one very average game from eden. Nothing at all to get excited about, but perhaps with the same game time maranta got he might develop into something. Having said that where does maranta fit in that pecking order? Cause hes definetly a solid and no risk addition to the side if injuries occur.

Still. .. my picks are oates and kahu for the top spots. Maranta for the first backup and after that i think i would prefer to see seve get a trot.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
The thing was with Lachlan is that he had youth on his side. He debuted as a 20 year old and actually started his career really well until he suffered a second-year slump the following year.

Not to flog a dead horse but Eden is 25 going on 26. It's really now or never with a player at that stage of his career.

Daniel Dowell

Daniel Dowell

Banned User
Dec 6, 2013
What do you think the problem with not playing to the right is? Do you blame the hooker Macca or The Halves? Macca the leading Tackling maker in the comp concentrates too much on that for mine..Hes the one that needs to lead us to right..

B

Brent81

Made Legal Threat to BHQ
Oct 31, 2012
What do you think the problem with not playing to the right is? Do you blame the hooker Macca or The Halves? Macca the leading Tackling maker in the comp concentrates too much on that for mine..Hes the one that needs to lead us to right..

The left right thing is a bit of a red herring.

We make lots of breaks on the right that end in tries on the left. Two examples spring to mind - Maranta's try against Canberra and Maranta's first try against the Tigers.

Just a thought.

Mitch06

Mitch06

NRL Player
Jan 23, 2014
Milford and Boyd are both capable of getting quality ball out to that side. I have no idea why it doesn't happen. I think we just got too comfortable going down our left side of attack for options. We really rely on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • rnabokov
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.