Round 2 - Raiders vs Broncos - Build Up Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bucking Beads said:
Raiders were on fire today without Orford, Campese and Dugan. We could be in a for an arse whopping but hopefully we turn up to play

On the other hand... The sharks where fucking shit. Well be fine......

Aeetee said:
Bucking Beads said:
Raiders were on fire today without Orford, Campese and Dugan. We could be in a for an arse whopping but hopefully we turn up to play

On the other hand... The sharks where **** shit. Well be fine......

I have faith but am worried, Raiders have a bloody good pack of forwards.

I am confident we can turn it around and play well, especially with Hannant and Hodges coming back. Whether or not that will be enough to get the points I'm not sure but remaining optimistic icon_thumbs_u

Jeba said:
I am confident we can turn it around and play well, especially with Hannant and Hodges coming back. Whether or not that will be enough to get the points I'm not sure but remaining optimistic icon_thumbs_u
After all the Raiders did the playt he sharks so winning against them even by a big margin doesn't say much.

I'm confident we can play well if we hold the ball and with Hannant and Hodges back there is no reason we can't win IMO.

Raiders weren't as great as what the scoreline is making out - Sharks went to s**t after 20 when 'Australia's best player' Gallen made a number of mistakes. Their backline was also exposed.

Going to be a tough night in the office for Gagai - Ferguson was damn near Folau like this arvo.

Still, I thought the Raiders were shown up in d, we really need Macca to lift and the forwards to step up if we're any chance. If we can get a roll on, our backrows will pants them.

I reckon that Sam Williams kid has the goods. Speed, vision, awesome kicking game. Maybe we should make a play for him! eusa_think

Raiders were shown up in defense a few times, our more mobile pack may have an edge, but we need to contain them... Wish the game was on a hot afternoon.

I reckon that Sam Williams kid has the goods. Speed, vision, awesome kicking game. Maybe we should make a play for him! eusa_think
Sam williams showed more in one game than ben hunt has in three years.

The Rock said:
Raiders didn't exactly have the best preparation for us next week. They'll be coming off a big win against an easy team - We're coming off a tough, scrappy loss. I think it'll be closer than some expect. I'm confident we can surprise them if we just go back to basics.
Yep, ball control is of utmost importance. Hopefully the Raiders will be a bit cocky and we can suprise them with a gritty win!

Geeze I hope Griffin is foxing about Hannant and Hodges!

I do have to say I'm glad we're going to Canberra at this time of the season rather than Winter, at least we have a chance.

We can do it without Hannant and Hodges, it is all about attitude and application.

mrslong said:
Geeze I hope Griffin is foxing about Hannant and Hodges!

I do have to say I'm glad we're going to Canberra at this time of the season rather than Winter, at least we have a chance.

Last year we had a tense win against the Cowboys and lost against Canberra the next week.

Maybe we'll turn it around this year? icon_thumbs_u

I'm not quite ready to dump Macca just yet. The kid can play, I think he needs to pull his head in a little but he looks like he's trying to do too much with the time he has on the field. He needs to play at least 60 mins plus and needs to know this before the game.

All this Macca bagging is starting to sound a lot like the crap dished up to Boyd.

Yeah, same way as I don't advocate dumping Wallace yet, I don't advocate dropping Macca.

But what I want Macca to do is simplify! Think about who's getting the ball before it's played and focus on getting the ball there as quick as possible. If he's going himself, then get ready for that.

Agree with you, he's trying to do too much and overthinks it.

Yep and he looks like when he goes away from the call of Locky or Wallace his decision was premeditated.
This gets back, I think, to the competiton for his spot and going for the big play like he feels he needs to.

I think the Macca dummy and go himself ploy close to the line gets to people, I think he does it every set we get on the try line.

Bucking Beads said:
I think the Macca dummy and go himself ploy close to the line gets to people, I think he does it every set we get on the try line.

Agreed, often it just kills any momentum we have when attacking the line because it just gives the opposition time to slow down the play the ball again when he eventually gets tackled, I'd rather he look to be more effective at distributing the ball then looking to score off every play the ball on their line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Old Mate
  • Thelmus
  • Tim K
  • Foordy
  • Ondi
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Financeguy
  • Justwin
  • TimWhatley
  • Spoon
  • Bucking Beads
  • Wolfie
  • FACTHUNT
  • Battler
  • broncoscope
  • Sproj
  • Aldo
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.