Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

I don't think Isaako has been terrible across the two games so far, but I'd be tempted to try Niu at fullback again. He showed a bit more tonight, came looking for work, can sniff out an opportunity, and looked likely to make something happen on a couple of occasions. Our outside backs as a whole have shown a lot of promise, actually. It's the playmakers letting the team down.

Forward mix is a bit wrong for mine. If we had Hass and Lodge available, I'd have Carrigan coming off the bench. He's not a thirteen, and he's clearly feeling the long minutes. A prop rotation of those three and Flegler would serve well. TPJ and Asiata can share lock duties. Riki was impressive, but Glenn is a bit uneven, and Turpin is way off being an eighty minute hooker.

I still think there's more than a handful of wins in us this year. Would have been nice to get one against the Tits, though.

Affect the game in what way though? I've seen him turn momentum with a tough carry quite a lot last year, but it always tends to be the bloke who takes up the ball after the said tough carry that gets all the praise. People dont really notice players doing the dirty work. Like i said, i just dont know what people are expecting a work horse prop to do other than cart the ball up and do the tough stuff. Thats what i see his role as. They lay platforms for people like Haas and TPJ and others like that to work their magic.

It was posted on here a while ago ( thanks to @Big Pete ) but look at say Shane Webcke's stats. They arent great on paper either which is why i just dont take too much notice of them. I remember him as a bloke who i would have though would have made huge meters and he didnt really.

He doesn't plant blokes in defence, doesn't bust tackles much or make offloads. He drags blokes, usually around the half way line before a useless Milf mid field bomb. His contributions don't contribute to wins imo. He tackles his guts out, and as you say plays too many minutes, and ends up letting tries in.

Maybe it is just the way he is being used.

I don't think Isaako has been terrible across the two games so far, but I'd be tempted to try Niu at fullback again. He showed a bit more tonight, came looking for work, can sniff out an opportunity, and looked likely to make something happen on a couple of occasions. Our outside backs as a whole have shown a lot of promise, actually. It's the playmakers letting the team down.

Forward mix is a bit wrong for mine. If we had Hass and Lodge available, I'd have Carrigan coming off the bench. He's not a thirteen, and he's clearly feeling the long minutes. A prop rotation of those three and Flegler would serve well. TPJ and Asiata can share lock duties. Riki was impressive, but Glenn is a bit uneven, and Turpin is way off being an eighty minute hooker.

I still think there's more than a handful of wins in us this year. Would have been nice to get one against the Tits, though.

I'm off to the home game against the Tits in a few weeks' time, first game in many years. I hope we can turn around that scoreboard in that time.

Low balling offers to current origin players sure as hell ain’t going to be the way out of it...

We need to buy some NRL quality in key positions, as plain as day. Sack these useless, over-paid, under-performing spuds. Clear their stink out of the joint and start again. Milford, Croft, Isaako, all gone immediately. Turpin gets relegated to depth when we find an actual competent NRL hooker.

For years we haven’t had a NRL quality fullback. We still don’t.

For years we haven‘t had an NRL quality halfback, we still don’t.

For years we have needed a better 5/8, we still do.

For years we’ve needed a better hooker. We still do.

Get that right and then we can worry about which centre might leave, which forward to spend ludicrous money on.

But until we get a competent spine, we will continue to see the garbage we have seen for the last 26 games.

And that’s where I get frustrated and I can’t fathom a way out of this. Out of the entire 17 there is not a captain amongst them. KW left it until a week before the start of the season to see who Bradbury’d there way into the role and he went with the all inspiring incumbent, that in itself is fucking dire. No sledge to Alex Glenn either as I’m sure he knows he’s not a captain as well but he inherited the gig by pure games played.

They need to buy a 1/6/7 and another 9, that’s clear to all. Where are these players going to come from though? That is the depressing thought as the reality hits you as a supporter.

realistically ... outside of the 5-10 mins before half time (where the Titans scored 3 back-to-back tries) and we win that game.

This Titans performance for some reason convinced Fatty, the Titans could challenge the top 4.

realistically ... outside of the 5-10 mins before half time (where the Titans scored 3 back-to-back tries) and we win that game.

This Titans performance for some reason convinced Fatty, the Titans could challenge the top 4.
I do sincerely admire the passion but honestly, dude, please, one day you have to just wake the **** up...

He doesn't plant blokes in defence, doesn't bust tackles much or make offloads. He drags blokes, usually around the half way line before a useless Milf mid field bomb. His contributions don't contribute to wins imo. He tackles his guts out, and as you say plays too many minutes, and ends up letting tries in.

Maybe it is just the way he is being used.

He hits pretty hard in defence tbh. He isnt an offloader, but like i keep saying, its not his game. Never has been. He's there to take the hard runs for others to benefit from, its a thankless role in a lot of ways. I think people have got this idea in their heads that he was going to be a better Jai Arrow from the misguided comments about him being kept instead of Jai ( which was never true ) when in reality they are totally different footballers.

Hard to really judge a young forward ( or any of these young players really ) by saying their contributions dont contribute to wins. They are playing in a failing team that doesnt really win many games. I do think though we arent using a lot of our players in the right way.

@Wolfie I need the hype around Carrigan explained to me, and I won't accept sexual attraction as a plus

Ha ha, i've probably explained it. He wasnt great tonight at all. I do think some people thogh are taking my comments about him as serious when they are quite tongue in cheek.

Active Now

• Strop
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Big Del
  • Culhwch
  • Midean
  • broncsgoat
  • Stix
  • Foordy
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosgirl
  • Jazza
  • Bucking Beads
  • Mister Wright
  • Spoon
  • leon.bott
  • Galah
  • davidp
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.