Belmore Sports Ground

Saturday
Afternoon
15:00

Broncos

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
He doesn't need to have a million try assists if he's got Walsh, Reynolds, Mam, etc. around him. Its a team sport, and he's doing a great job at playing his role.

If we want to look at stats (pretty sure we did this before and agreed its dumb), let's look at some compared to a player from a club we are playing next and that you and other rated above Walters.

Reed Mahoney (2023)
Games: 16
Missed tackles: 81
Penelties: 17
Errors: 14

Billy Walters (2023)
Games: 17
Missed tackles: 40
Penelties: 6
Errors: 4

Billy Walters is doing great. Let's stop bagging on the kid, and get behind him as we march onto the premiership!

He doesn't need to have a million try assists if he's got Walsh, Reynolds, Mam, etc. around him. Its a team sport, and he's doing a great job at playing his role.

If we want to look at stats (pretty sure we did this before and agreed its dumb), let's look at some compared to a player from a club we are playing next and that you and other rated above Walters.

Reed Mahoney (2023)

Billy Walters (2023)

Billy Walters is doing great. Let's stop bagging on the kid, and get behind him as we march onto the premiership!
To say Billy is "doing great" is a bit of a stretch..
He's filling a role and doing it to the best of his ability, nothing more or nothing less.
I honestly don't think there would be any other NRL club that would swap their hooker for Billy.
Nevertheless he always gives 100% and you can't expect any more.. 👍

He's filling a role and doing it to the best of his ability, nothing more or nothing less.
I honestly don't think there would be any other NRL club that would swap their hooker for Billy.
He's doing great. I wouldn't swap him for any other hooker in the NRL.

Reed Mahoney (2023)

Billy Walters (2023)

Walters sets up no tries or line breaks and has scored next to none as well, he is shit and only playing because of his last name.

Sexton will be playing for the Bulldogs.

His kicking game was a real pain in the ass for us the last time we went up against him.

Walters sets up no tries or line breaks and has scored next to none as well, he is shit and only playing because of his last name.
Emma Stone Thumbs Up GIF

if his name was Billy Jones, you'd be perfectly happy with the roll he is performing for us, allowing our hopefully next long term gun hooker to develop ... and you wouldn't be calling for worse performing players to replace him

Will Payne be good to go for our next game or is he out?

Will Payne be good to go for our next game or is he out?
Seems like with the bye he should be good, but it might be cutting it close. They might rest him just to be safe.

Screenshot 20230703 223712

Roosters, Knights, Dragons would definitely.

I'm not the one gushing over a dummy half who's only managed 1 try assist all season.

No one is 'gushing' about Billy and you know it. This is needless hyperbole, and as someone who tears apart editors' sensationalist headlines to defend the quality journalism inside the article, I would have thought you were better than that.

Gushing, if you need an example, would be starting a thread titled 'Turpin is God'.

Anyway, here's Tom Brady's stats in Superbowls vs Billy Walters' stats playing at Wests...

I was actually really impressed with Willison despite him only playing 10 minutes in the middle. He seemed quite difficult to put down and his PTB speed was lightning quick. I would like to see him get some more minutes if they decide to rest Haas for this game!

You're right, it's a great attacking weapon and since high school teams have scored on the back of it. Weaver used to go on the back of it then in Cup he's had Ahearn just waiting for it.

If he stays on his hand and knees you're stuffed. Teams can't get him down.

Reed Mahoney (2023)

Billy Walters (2023)

If Grant and Hunt were to be out for QLD I'm sure Billy would be in the conversation for selection over Mahoney.
Billy has been great this season and hes doing the job we need of him.

Do you really think Roosters would swap Brandon Smith for Billy..:eyetwitch:
But Turpin has been their main 9 for most of the season, and Smith has played like shit the few games he has played, while on huge wages as being the highest paid 9 in the game by a margin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • Browny
  • Alec
  • Stix
  • Bucking Beads
  • GCBRONCO
  • Dash
  • Fitzy
  • LittleDavey
  • Big Del
  • Financeguy
  • barker
  • Foordy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.