Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Fair enough. He’s got more passion than half our side put together though.
I used to believe that with him, but he’s a grubby human, kicking your old team while they’re rock bottoms proves that.

Thanks fck for a sh1t season. Blow it up and start afresh. Scars will be there for a while though. Kevvie has to completely overhaul our attack and defence structures. Get rid of Offa, resign Staggs and Coates.

Coach obviously has no clue too. Staggs gets injured so what do we do? Put Arthur's at 6. Wtf. Paix played QLD 20s in the halves, surely he would of been a better option and offered more in attack.

If Deardon is our future he really needs to work on his kicking game in the offseason. Cant kick more than 40meters and its the same type of kick.

Call me crazy but I'd actually keep hopoate. He's cheap, got a good attitude, and is one of the few players that got better.
Is he a premiership player? Probably not. But any club needs some depth players and Id rather one with a good attitude who can fill a hole where needed and tries, than a troubled rising star that doesn't want to try except when he feels like it.
Of course if we sign a cordner type or gillet 2.0 then he's expendable or if we see another Rikki or fiffita but I don't see it happening next year.
I believe the first thing we need to improve is our attitude and whilst he lacks a lot that isn't one of them.

I agree. Good teams can have a player like him and defend the mistakes he makes. I love his energy on the field..... god he ***** up a lot though! [emoji23]

In fact as far as moose goes I used to love him and thought it was al passion but he’s got me thinking someone should get a thug the throw the jersey on and do this.
F12F1086 7C99 466B B999 26F0E734C0B3

Last edited:
16 all, game in the balance with the Broncos just starting to believe in themselves. Play 4 and they blew a set restart to give the Cowboys the lead. Heads go down and that's all she wrote.

Seriously between that and Staggs doing his ACL inside the opening 10 minutes it sums the season up.

I'm absolutely fuming over that set restart. Absolute rort phantom penalty that was no where near consistent and it determined the game.

Neither team deserved to win that game.
Actually thought the same thing. With about 20 to go, even though we could still win, I just wanted it to be over.

There was a part of the game, just before the inevitable opening of the floodgates, that it was such a sloppy and unenjoyable game to watch.

I suppose there is a reason it was 14 v 16...

EDIT: also good to see Oates hasn’t learnt a damn thing since 2015. It was like being in a twilight zone, only now he can’t attack for shit and has even worse handling.

Last edited:
You didn’t watch this year did you? He literally ran in front of our first receiver as he was attempting to catch a ball tonight. If he gets a contract anywhere after this season then those who sign him are fucking idiots.
I think I've seen almost every player in the game do something like that at one stage or another and tonight I saw Herbie farnsworth (one of our most promising) virtually tackle his own player, but here's the thing: we need a squad of players. Haas gets out muscled in a tackle, dearden kicked average at best, 110 kg Oates get brushed aside, offa get caught constantly flat-footed, and Boyd (probably our best tonight) gets out jumped.
You want to sack hopoate for not being a great player, fair enough, so long as you've got someone better to replace him for the same price. But if you are sacking him for doing something wrong, there will be a lot to follow. Maybe that would be good and we replace them all with quality.
More likely we will need to tread water with some of what we have and I want a squad with players that try.
Trying is the first step to succeed. I'd rather an idiot with effort than a genius who dials it in, but that's me.

Call me crazy but I'd actually keep hopoate. He's cheap, got a good attitude, and is one of the few players that got better.
Is he a premiership player? Probably not. But any club needs some depth players and Id rather one with a good attitude who can fill a hole where needed and tries, than a troubled rising star that doesn't want to try except when he feels like it.
Of course if we sign a cordner type or gillet 2.0 then he's expendable or if we see another Rikki or fiffita but I don't see it happening next year.
I believe the first thing we need to improve is our attitude and whilst he lacks a lot that isn't one of them.

You're crazy. Hoppa might even try hard but he's too small.

All night our defence was retreating. That is why their forwards strolled up field and their backs burnt us. The most successful teams have a defensive structure that involves quick line speed that cuts off the ball from going wide and prevents the middle from getting momentum.

Why have we persisted with an inept strategy that leaks 30+ points a game?

All night our defence was retreating. That is why their forwards strolled up field and their backs burnt us. The most successful teams have a defensive structure that involves quick line speed that cuts off the ball from going wide and prevents the middle from getting momentum.

Why have we persisted with an inept strategy that leaks 30+ points a game?

Because the moment they do anything otherwise it's penalised.

Because the moment they do anything otherwise it's penalised.
I think part of that is our innept application of it. Whoever our coach is, getting our players to practice our line speed to death would be the surest way to see us climb that ladder.

Yet he made more metres than any of our other forwards except carrigan and 30+ tackles.

He has dicks for fingers, and shit for brains but he gives it a crack.

Oh don't take my post as a defense of other players. He isn't good enough and as you say, he was still better than most of the side out there. That is the problem in a nutshell.

Is there another game in the world in a professional competition where the fabric of the game itself changes from the start of the year to the end of the year? I find that outrageous that the game can be changed so significantly from beginning to end.

For a sport which is touted as being better to watch on TV vs Live, this new rule of awarding the try and having the bunker check it behind the scenes without us knowing either if they are checking or what they are checking, is ridiculous.

As a viewer, I want to know that O’Neill get is down. I want to know they checked if Dearden was taken out. To me, as a viewer (and a fan), that is important to me.

I won’t get started on 6 again. How no one in the heirachy has listened to everyone saying there needs to be a tweak regarding teams wanting/needing penalties instead of set restarts particularly on the 1st and 2nd tackles coming out of trouble. I watch the game with a biased eye and we obviously had a shocking season, but it seemed 80% of our 6 agains happened in our own half early in the count. We get no benefit from this. There must be thousands of fans (not just for the broncos) who have this same thought.

I can’t wait for next year, we sucked so bad this year and seemed so unlucky with injuries that next year just has to be better.

Let’s gone Broncos!
Mate, you are not alone. But it's like the old man shouting at clouds at this point.

I think part of that is our innept application of it. Whoever our coach is, getting our players to practice our line speed to death would be the surest way to see us climb that ladder.

It is even simpler than that, this side just needs a good fitness coach. They have looked lazy and unfit all year.

Agreed.
Not denying how bad we have been this season but unfortunately for me I've lost a lot of interest due to the refs influence in this once great sport.
Literally text my family and a mate saying I am quitting watching NRL. My mate convinced me we will bounce back, but my problem is with the sport and not the team. So many changes and so fast. We are almost reverted to Rugby. I want to watch RUBGY LEAGUE, not Rugbah Leeg

So what you're saying is they should just ignore the penalty and stand offside anyways? That way the officials will bow to the Broncos and treat them like a Western Sydney team?

Call it fate or destiny or whatever.

The same side that handed our first ever GF loss, is the same side to beat us and give us our first ever spoon.
That's how I see it too, honestly you've just gotta go with the flow.

At least we've got our first grand final loss and spoon out of the way. Not really any more milestones to break.

Active Now

• BroncosAlways
  • Maddy
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Griffo
  • Stix
  • ivanhungryjak
  • lynx000
  • Sproj
  • levikaden
  • Fozz
  • Waynesaurus
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Inknition
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Galah
  • Bucking Beads
  • Swordfish
  • KateBroncos1812
  • HarryAllan7
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.