Round 20 - Broncos vs Storm - Post Match Discussion

If the team had played with the same zeal, commitment and style as last week, and when we destroyed Manly, in my view, we would have won last night.

For mine, I blame Hook's idiotic bench and the mid-week news foretelling of the 2nd coming while the coach the players expressed loyalty and commitment to the week before was publicly crucified.

Oh FFS port I was having a joke with the gloating. We talked about this last night at the game, I don't know why you have to make out like we didn't have this conversation just to make me out to be a ****
Sorry, I didn't see the joke. I know you enjoyed that loss as much as I did, but you did use it to bash Griffin, which up to a point is ok, because there is enough to blame him for, but that's as far as it should go.

Having said that, the dig was more at those that used last night's loss to sling mud at the people who aren't in Bennett's Ark of Miracle, and using a Broncos loss against the fucking mexican cheats for that purpose really grinds my gears.
The only think worse would be to gloat about a loss to Manly... and unfortunately, it's quite likely that will happen next Friday.

I just cannot even fathom that Reed was brought onto the bench instead of Vidot or Granville. Just pure stupidity

If the team had played with the same zeal, commitment and style as last week, and when we destroyed Manly, in my view, we would have won last night.

For mine, I blame Hook's idiotic bench and the mid-week news foretelling of the 2nd coming while the coach the players expressed loyalty and commitment to the week before was publicly crucified.

Yes, i think all the news during the week really got to the squad.

That's where a strong leadership group really would've helped .... keep the guys focused and determined.

Thing is, we play such an ad-lib style that it's easy for the guys to lose focus and drift out of the game.

Solid structures, rehearsed to death, would've helped the guys compete a bit better as they would've just gone on autopilot to a certain degree.

Sorry, I didn't see the joke. I know you enjoyed that loss as much as I did, but you did use it to bash Griffin, which up to a point is ok, because there is enough to blame him for, but that's as far as it should go.

Having said that, the dig was more at those that used last night's loss to sling mud at the people who aren't in Bennett's Ark of Miracle, and using a Broncos loss against the fucking mexican cheats for that purpose really grinds my gears.
The only think worse would be to gloat about a loss to Manly... and unfortunately, it's quite likely that will happen next Friday.

Losses to manly and Melbourne in the space of a week. Super gay

Video referees again misinterpreting the application of the conclusive evidence rule. No try on field. Unless you can tell in 1 maybe 2 replays that the ruling was wrong, you go with the on-field ref.

Otherwise, 7 looks at an on field ruling, by any interpretation, is not conclusive evidence. If two reasonable minds might differ about a ruling, then it's not conclusive evidence. If it's more likely than not, it's not conclusive evidence. When three commentators and everyone in the stadium groaned about Hunt being taken out, there' not conlcusive evidence.

I truly believe that the Broncos not being little bitches on every ruling (like Lyon, Smith, Ennis) is hurting us as the refs don't want to be bitched to about decisions.

Slater's try, against the run of play killed us. 12-0 against the Storm changed the landscape of the game.

Slater's strip penalty leading to Ryan Hoffman's try. He is trying to offload the ball and lost control.

Forward passes that everyone in the crowd 50-60 metres away can see.

This is how you are ruining rugby league.

Anyway, the Storm went on from there, we died. Feeling less pissed about it this afternoon.

If we are never going to complain about refs, they'll never do anything for us either. If we want to continue being white knights, we'll have to continue to expect nothing in return. Can't have it both ways.

Video referees again misinterpreting the application of the conclusive evidence rule. No try on field. Unless you can tell in 1 maybe 2 replays that the ruling was wrong, you go with the on-field ref.

Otherwise, 7 looks at an on field ruling, by any interpretation, is not conclusive evidence. If two reasonable minds might differ about a ruling, then it's not conclusive evidence. If it's more likely than not, it's not conclusive evidence. When three commentators and everyone in the stadium groaned about Hunt being taken out, there' not conlcusive evidence.

I truly believe that the Broncos not being little bitches on every ruling (like Lyon, Smith, Ennis) is hurting us as the refs don't want to be bitched to about decisions.

Slater's try, against the run of play killed us. 12-0 against the Storm changed the landscape of the game.

Slater's strip penalty leading to Ryan Hoffman's try. He is trying to offload the ball and lost control.

Forward passes that everyone in the crowd 50-60 metres away can see.

This is how you are ruining rugby league.

Anyway, the Storm went on from there, we died. Feeling less pissed about it this afternoon.

+1. As fans it's heartbreaking. Our players though have careers that can live & die on these decision. Yet no one is accountable. A couple if years ago they had the refs boss do a debrief on the NRL site, reviewing decisions and declaring which, in hindsight, were correct or incorrect. They don't dare now, because as technically a big business, it is not the best PR to be admitting mistakes on a regular basis. People lose faith very quickly. Unfortunately, they choose to ignore it, pretend there is no problem, instead of just fixing it. It's a fucking disgrace.

+1. As fans it's heartbreaking. Our players though have careers that can live & die on these decision. Yet no one is accountable. A couple if years ago they had the refs boss do a debrief on the NRL site, reviewing decisions and declaring which, in hindsight, were correct or incorrect. They don't dare now, because as technically a big business, it is not the best PR to be admitting mistakes on a regular basis. People lose faith very quickly. Unfortunately, they choose to ignore it, pretend there is no problem, instead of just fixing it. It's a fucking disgrace.

The refs are killing the game, pure and simple.

I just can't stand the fact that there is zero accountability, that's not acceptable

It happens in the AFL also. In the sheds at halftime they talk about how many penalties they have given a team and the need to even them up.
They also pinpoint players to place under scrutiny rather than ref the game as they see it.
My contact says it is disgraceful.
Maxwell made comment of penalties to the other refs while on the run last night. Sounded like he was asking how the count was going. It was directed to the video ref and unfortunately you cannot hear them on refs ears. They coached Koirebete last night, asking him to play the ball with his foot. Why don't they just worry about their performance and penalise the useless dickheads. Maybe the riffing would be better if they stop the coaching

I'm worried that the players now have an excuse to drop the bundle with the sacking of Hook

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Bongo
  • Browny
  • Allo
  • Bucking Beads
  • Wolfie
  • ezpz
  • Jedhead
  • Xzei
  • ChewThePhatt
  • NSW stables
  • Mr Fourex
  • KateBroncos1812
  • jd87
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Fitzy
  • broncotville
  • Dony Eliakim
  • LittleDavey
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.