PRE-GAME Round 20 - Broncos vs Storm

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

To be perfectly honest, I’d prefer this team, at this point in time anyhow.

Maybe if this was the Bulldogs, but Coates' defensive efforts have been....uh, not great so far. Melbourne spread the ball better than most teams, they could cause some real trouble that way.

apparently Coates has been training at center, with Gillett missing the session.

if Gillett is out, Coates likely to play center with Glenn moving to the backrow

Well there goes any chance of a win.

Chambers will have a field day.

If coates is in at centre, he is next to boyd who is a good communicator and can assistive with his defensive reads a bit better than when it was turpin, coates and isaako who are all basically rookies or not familiar with the position.

In terms of where we are heading with our lock position. I am looking at our team, and you notice the size of our team so i think seibs is looking at developing a power game with our forwards.
[automerge]1564548881[/automerge]
Well there goes any chance of a win.

Chambers will have a field day.
Just defensively slide with chambers, he will run to the side line and kick it dead on the third tackle when he runs out of room.

Last edited:
Chambers is way too slow. I'm glad Xavier will be defending on his side.

There's a lot more to being a centre than speed, you don't have to be quick to be effective as Jack Reed showed. But this isn't Origin where Chambers isn't as effective.

At club level it's a much different story. He's still one of the best centres in the game at club level and if you give him opportunities he'll deliver. Coates, who isn't that strong defensively, marking up Chambers is very much cause for concern.

If coates is in at centre, he is next to boyd who is a good communicator and can assistive with his defensive reads a bit better than when it was turpin, coates and isaako who are all basically rookies or not familiar with the position.

In terms of where we are heading with our lock position. I am looking at our team, and you notice the size of our team so i think seibs is looking at developing a power game with our forwards.
[automerge]1564548881[/automerge]

Just defensively slide with chambers, he will run to the side line and kick it dead on the third tackle when he runs out of room.
Oates is also an issue on the outside though, as for chambers he likes to jink back in. He does it really well especially to nsw , made a few breaks this way this year.

Much prefer Boyd moving to Centre which allows Deardon to start - long term solution there

DP
I'm with you, but I'm sure Siebs will be trying to keep Bellyache guessing for as long as possible. I'd much prefer Tommy and Sully in there as opposed to Turps and Boyd but injuries mean we'll have to make do with what is available.

Hope to god someone is able to smash papsmear early on as it takes a lot of Storms attacking options down the middle out. Not sure what side Staggs will line up, but I'm positive he'd handle Chambers in defence and give him a bath in attack.

Active Now

• Brocko
  • Broncorob
  • GCBRONCO
  • Justwin
  • winslow_wong
  • eggstar10
  • Old Mate
  • Organix
  • FACTHUNT
  • Big Del
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • broncsgoat
  • Xzei
  • Strop
  • Wolfie
  • Jazza
  • Battler
  • Harry Sack
  • ezpz
  • davidp
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.