Round 20 - Cowboys vs. Broncos - Post Match Discussion

When Wallace came on and Hunt went missing we went straight back to our old ways. That's where Hunt needs to learn to step up and take control.

Wallace out but not replaced by Baptiste, let's leave the bench as a full forward rotation and have Macca play the 80 or not play at all.

There's no need to have 4 forwards on the bench when some of them barely even play 10 minutes. Baptiste or Granville might give us something different in attack that you don't see in a Griffin game, like speed out of dummy half.

When Wallace came on and Hunt went missing we went straight back to our old ways. That's where Hunt needs to learn to step up and take control.

You can't take control tho if your hooker keeps doing the one out stuff, Wallace should have been hooked by hook as soon as it was clear we lost momentum.

Hunt had a good first half and his kicking game was pretty good. I felt he went missing a bit in the 2nd half but I think he can improve.

yeah i think the team winning will do him a world of good. might just make him feel more at home. gillett running on the left was a bit out of time but thats probably to be expected and hopefully comes good with a bit more practice.

Both Macca and Wallace both didn't pass it to Hunt when he called for it on several occasions. That isn't to say Hunt was perfect. He certainly needs to get in there and demand the ball more. He went missing a bit but showed more vision in 10 minutes than Wallace has in his career.

Gillett needs more wraps. He was fantastic tonight.

He made some real good tackle busts, but some of his options late in tackle counts were utter rubbish, if he can get rid of the missed tackles and crap passes / decisions from his game he'll be an outstanding player.

Great win by the boys!! Great to see a few Broncos fans here as well!

Gillett was very good, but he seems to think he's Hodges at times, with useless hero plays. He looks best when he's just running the ball at pace, not dancing around.

There's no need to have 4 forwards on the bench when some of them barely even play 10 minutes. Baptiste or Granville might give us something different in attack that you don't see in a Griffin game, like speed out of dummy half.

Then hook Macca completely and have one of the messiahs play the full 80, there is zero need for 2 dummy halfs. Even if one of the bench forwards only gets 10 minutes, make it a damn good 10 minutes and throw the fresh forward at a tired line full speed.

Quite a few mistakes from Hunt but I am going to give him a pass as I think he will improve with game time at half

979209-justin-hodges.jpg

Remember that guy that said during the week Oates would play well on the wing and why he would.

Same guy that said in April he'd be the next 20's player to play NRL.

Hey buddy! What happen to RLeague forum?
i remember you talking up Maranta big time like he was going to be a superstar. why hasn't he develop like u thought he would?

Gillett was very good, but he seems to think he's Hodges at times, with useless hero plays.

maybe halves should be taking more control rather than gillet just ending up with the ball in those situations with nothing really on.

not bagging hunt here as its is first game as a 7 for quite a while and given time will certainly get more confident

Active Now

• Culhwch
  • broncos4life
  • Wolfie
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Thelmus
  • LittleDavey
  • Dash
  • Broncosgirl
  • lynx000
  • TimWhatley
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • Justwin
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.