Round 20 - Cowboys vs. Broncos - Post Match Discussion

Lol ....no

But I will give him a wink for milking the "cramp" in his leg.

Very quick thinking from the skipper after he plainly dropped the ball when trying to play it.

Could have been an entirely different result, if the refs had of been on to the ruse.

can you believe that? Dodgiest thing I have seen a Bronco do. Never seen anyone pull that one off. It was blatant.

Changes for next weeks game against the Knights?

1. Hoffman
2. Maranta
3. Hodges
4. Glenn
5. Oates
6. Prince
7. Hunt
8. Hannant
9. McCullough
10. McGuire
11. Gillett
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Baptiste (or Granville)
15. Stagg
16. Dodds
17. Tasi

And after looking through our team.. trying to figure out where we are going to fit all our backrowers when Jack Reed returns from injury.. the only one I could see us improve from dropping would be Thaiday..

8. Hannant
10. McGuire
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Parker (c)

15. Thaiday

Maybe use Thaiday as an impact player off the bench? He seems to get really tired really fast these days..

Hunt was being overshadowed by two desperate men who were trying to hold onto a starting position. He was killing it until he was snaked out of plays. Prince made poor kicking options in place of a pass to a more well positioned Hunt.

Changes for next weeks game against the Knights?

1. Hoffman
2. Maranta
3. Hodges
4. Glenn
5. Oates
6. Prince
7. Hunt
8. Hannant
9. McCullough
10. McGuire
11. Gillett
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Baptiste (or Granville)
15. Stagg
16. Dodds
17. Tasi

And after looking through our team.. trying to figure out where we are going to fit all our backrowers when Jack Reed returns from injury.. the only one I could see us improve from dropping would be Thaiday..

8. Hannant
10. McGuire
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Parker (c)

15. Thaiday

Maybe use Thaiday as an impact player off the bench? He seems to get really tired really fast these days..
I would leave Dodds starting for a few weeks until Hannant has a bit of game time

Just a few thoughts:
- Oates is a gun. He must be in our team, somewhere, every week. **** yes. That tackle on Tate should be on highlight reels for years to come. And he can score tries, maybe he can teach Maranta how to play winger :001_tt2: Should have no case to answer after that BS 'high shot' penalty.
- Hodges, please never retire. You can still play at 40. Please not be injured after that effort...
- Hunt...solid first 20 minutes or so. What happened after that? Did he go missing or did the others just not get the ball to him? Bit of both? I think he was great, personally, especially his kicking game which was SPOT ON...keeping in mind he's had **** all time to 'build combinations' like Wal and Prince got all fucking season to do. AND he's used to playing less than half a game from hooker, he was probably out of puff. KEEP HIM THERE. He deserves a shot. Been saying it all year and he showed it tonight. A bit of fucking CREATIVITY!!!
- Griffin...why the **** do we play amazing footy for 20 minutes then play shit for 60???? I put that to you, Hook, because YOU'RE THE FUCKING COACH WITH THE FUCKING GAME PLAN!! And that 'game plan' nearly lost a game we should have COMFORTABLY won. Fucking bullshit.
- Hoffy...he's got his confidence back, and it was good to see him come back after that bell-ringer. Saved at least 2 tries tonight.
- Prince / Wallace...too old/slow/nuffy/whatever. Please tell me we have someone else to partner with Hunt next year??? DCE would be real nice...
- Macca...needs to play 80. He can, he's done it before. Must. Happen. NOW.
- Gillett was solid. A few mistakes, but he's been real good since Origin. Keep it up.
- Line speed for most of the game was SHIT. Not good enough.
- We gave Thurston 2hrs to think about the best option EVERY FUCKING TIME he had the ball. Not good enough.
- The one-out shit HAS TO STOP!!! FMD!!!
- Refs were fucking ordinary. As usual. Some real home ground penalties there, but we got away with a couple too *cough*THAIDAY*cough*

Our forwards really didn't get enough on a roll on. Still confused about our bench rotation, but meh. Wanted to shoot myself with the one-out crap, after we played so well in the first 20 - WTF???

Frustrating. Sums up the entire season pretty well. We don't deserve the finals this year playing like that, really. First 20min - hell yes. Rest of the game no fucking way. We need a gamebreaker or two (tho Hoffy did his best tonight) and better coaching staff to give us a decent gameplan. **** this defending a 12-point lead bullshit. Ugh. I'll take the win but I feel dirty.

Last edited:
My choice would be..

1) Hoffman
2) Paul Byrnes (Apparently got 3 tries tonight, worth giving him a shot)
3) Hodges
4) Glenn
5) Oates
6) Prince
7) Hunt
8) Dodds
9) Macca
10) McGuire
11) Gillett
12) Thaiday
13) Parker

14) Granville/Baptiste
15) Hannant
16) Tasi
17) Stagg

We completely stopped as soon as Wallace came back on and defensively Prince was shit as ever, but atleast looked like he was trying hard. We need to do everything we can to make sure we keep Oates..future rep player there...Was really hoping Maranta didn't hear the ref's call and ran the length of the field, just so I could see if he actually had some speed and wouldn't trip over himself again.

Last edited:
Hey buddy! What happen to RLeague forum?
i remember you talking up Maranta big time like he was going to be a superstar. why hasn't he develop like u thought he would?

PDT_popc1.gif

Also, RE:someone in the live chat post saying Hodges was giving Hoffman a spray. I think it was initially at Maranta saying "Let it roll" then at Hoffman saying "You should tell him to let it roll".

Agree?

**** I'm so happy right now, awesome to see the broncs play as a team again. Hunt was fantastic considering his first game as starting HB in however long. Hoffy great at the back. Hodgo can't say enough about him, our best player and should be captain. Gillett great yet sometimes can overplay his hand. Oates man what a star... How is it possible that he is faster than maranta, and only 18.

I'm so drunk and happy! Go broncos!!!

Hey buddy! What happen to RLeague forum?
i remember you talking up Maranta big time like he was going to be a superstar. why hasn't he develop like u thought he would?

Not me mate- same name?

I did like Maranta at Norths though, thought he'd be going better by now.

Last edited:
My choice would be..

1) Hoffman
2) Paul Byrnes (Apparently got 3 tries tonight, worth giving him a shot)
3) Hodges
4) Glenn
5) Oates
6) Prince
7) Hunt
8) Dodds
9) Macca
10) McGuire
11) Gillett
12) Thaiday
13) Parker

14) Granville/Baptiste
15) Hannant
16) Tasi
17) Stagg

We completely stopped as soon as Wallace came back on and defensively Prince was shit as ever, but atleast looked like he was trying hard. We need to do everything we can to make sure we keep Oates..future rep player there...Was really hoping Maranta didn't hear the ref's call and ran the length of the field, just so I could see if he actually had some speed and wouldn't trip over himself again.
I got a real wrap on Byrnes but I don't think it is his time yet. Very young

I don't get the love for Copley....? He was the original Maranta, dropping balls and bombing tries gifted to him by Lockyer.

Hodges was brilliant and Hoffman played with passion and desperation. Oates will be a special player in the next few years.

Prince was horrible tonight, as was Thaiday. Thaiday dropped the ball while in good attacking position and then the next set misses a shirt grab on Bowen for the try. Should have cost us the game if the refs saw his knock on. It was clear as day!!

Our last tackle options are so so so so so horrendous! Got caught multiple times on the last tackle and it almost looked like the players didn't know what to do. It was laughable!

We'll take the win but nothing to write to home about.

Active Now

• thenry
  • Financeguy
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Alec
  • lynx000
  • BooKhaki
  • GCBRONCO
  • Waynesaurus
  • johnny plath
  • mrslong
  • Midean
  • Bucking Beads
  • Nerd
  • Justwin
  • Strop
  • The Strapper
  • Jedhead
  • The Don
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.