Round 20 - Cowboys vs. Broncos - Pre Match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glenn is our left centre, therefore he is on Tate and Hodges is on Linnett.

Cowboys:
Right Wing -- Right Centre -- Other Dudes -- Left Centre -- Left Wing

Broncos: Left Wing -- Left Centre -- Other Dudes -- Right Centre -- Right Wing

Oops.

I've been thinking, maybe Yow Yeh is a chance of playing, but they didn't name him to keep the press off him? I have no idea why he missed the Sunday game though, maybe he actually was injured, or just rested.

Edit: Actually, probably not. I'd imagine they would want to hype it up to sell tickets.

Last edited:
Not that I'm suggesting he should be selected but what ever happened to Kemp's career? I didn't follow him very closely before he fell off the earth but wasn't he our rookie of the year at one point? I vaguely remember him being touted the fasted winger in league or some such?

Woulda been the '08 season. He left to the Warriors after that for '09 (presumably to make room for Izzy + Wayne left, Warriors probe payed overs too), didn't do much there, came back in '10 and scored a match winner, got injured, spent the rest of the year in QCup at Wynnum. Signed with ARU for 7's in early '11. Signed with the Dragons for 12, didn't play a 1st grade game there. Signed with us for '13 and been basically injured/ 'Instaselfie'-ing since

I've been thinking, maybe Yow Yeh is a chance of playing, but they didn't name him to keep the press off him? I have no idea why he missed the Sunday game though, maybe he actually was injured, or just rested.

Edit: Actually, probably not. I'd imagine they would want to hype it up to sell tickets.

I don't think he'll be back this year. However, if he did play, theoretically they'd want his debut to be low-key, keep the media away as long as possible, just like they did with his Norths game. Doing it in an away game would make sense so the crowd doesn't have the high expectations on him. If he comes through unscathed, name him for the next home game and watch the tickets sell!

I don't think he'll be back this year. However, if he did play, theoretically they'd want his debut to be low-key, keep the media away as long as possible, just like they did with his Norths game. Doing it in an away game would make sense so the crowd doesn't have the high expectations on him. If he comes through unscathed, name him for the next home game and watch the tickets sell!

Yeah I gotta agree with this. The mental side of things for JYY will be as big, if not bigger than he's actual physical injury. The last thing they would want is him getting questioned about how he feels, is he nervous etc. etc. But like you said, if he got through his low key return unscathed and is named for the next week the game would sell out automatically

Hoffman may not be able to ball play as well as Norman but lets be honest Norman never passed anyway.

At least with Hoffman at fullback our sets will start better with him running back harder and faster. Hoffmans support play is a 1000x better then Normans as well so we could see a couple of tries through the middle off a Parker offload or similar. Ben Hunt starting at 7 will also help this. His support play is good as well.

Yes, Hoffa will hoof it much better than Normie, but offloads, support and passes? Sure, when we, if we, get into their red zone

Until then, we can keep counting missed tackles and lost opportunities.

But then, maybe history won't repeat itself

Yes, Hoffa will hoof it much better than Normie, but offloads, support and passes? Sure, when we, if we, get into their red zone

Well we seem to get in to the red zone no worries at all, so if what you say is true, then Hoffman should be very useful ;)

^ provided Ben Hunt isn't told to go out and save the Broncos season every week. if he is told just to play his natural game, not worry about where we are on the table and to back himself, that could work.

I'm hearing he's been told the halfback spot is his for the rest of the season unless he severely screws up. So that tells me he's part of the halves plan for next year and beyond.

Probably confirms the rumours about Wallace being punted too.

I know people are critical of Maranta being in the team, but literally there's nobody else left! Kemp is injured or in reserves for Redcliffe, Aaron Whitchurch injured or out of form, Copley, Yow Yeh, Kahu, Reed all unavailable. Nobody else at Redclffe, Norths or Wynnum really looks much chop.

So Maranta it is...

I'm hearing he's been told the halfback spot is his for the rest of the season unless he severely screws up. So that tells me he's part of the halves plan for next year and beyond.

I know people are critical of Maranta being in the team, but literally there's nobody else left! Kemp is injured or in reserves for Redcliffe, Aaron Whitchurch injured or out of form, Copley, Yow Yeh, Kahu, Reed all unavailable. Nobody else at Redclffe, Norths or Wynnum really looks much chop.

So Maranta it is...

What about in the 20s?

Of all positions to debut young, wing is probably the easiest/best. You really just need pace and to mark outside your opposition winger.

What about in the 20s?

Of all positions to debut young, wing is probably the easiest/best. You really just need pace and to mark outside your opposition winger.

We've already called up Corey Oates from the 20s. Not sure we want another one. Looking at the players we've named in 20s, I've never heard of them... Jack Schaffer and Tom Opacic...

We've already called up Corey Oates from the 20s. Not sure we want another one. Looking at the players we've named in 20s, I've never heard of them... Jack Schaffer and Tom Opacic...
Opacic looks strong enough to maybe cut it but would be a big risk. Schaffer is not ready

I am expecting that the backs will do a positional switch with Hodges at fullback once we get into the attacking zone. That way Hodges doesn't have to grind out large meters and we have hoffmans awesome kick returns.

I am expecting that the backs will do a positional switch with Hodges at fullback once we get into the attacking zone. That way Hodges doesn't have to grind out large meters and we have hoffmans awesome kick returns.

That sounds like the way to go to me

So Maranta it is...

so what you're saying is lachlan maranta is the steve bradbury of the nrl?

I think we should swap Gillett with Stagg. Firstly, Stagg is fairly useless when coming off the bench. Gillett has played his best footy off the bench.
Secondly, Glenn and Stagg can swap around on that left side. Gillett would come on after 20 minutes for the almost out of breath Thaiday, which would be the perfect time for him as the game starts to open up a bit more.

Also I'd try swapping Maranta and Oates. Maranta and that right sideline go together like Cronulla and premierships. Maybe his luck would change on that other side.

So Maranta it is...

How incredibly Brisbane insular of you- Both Jarrod McInally and Donald Malone have been in terrific form for the Jets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• RolledOates
  • TimWhatley
  • Aldo
  • Xzei
  • phoenix
  • Allo
  • Rambstien
  • Foordy
  • Hurrijo
  • Fitzy
  • kiwibronco
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Midean
  • Lurker
  • Spoon
  • Bucking Beads
  • Jazza
  • Financeguy
  • Brotherdu
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.