Round 20 Discussion

At least.

It was a great shot, as most of them are, but first point of contact was the head.... so that's a no-no.

First point of contact is actually forearm (not cocked either) across chest and due to the speed of Inglis and the sudden stoppage of Young caused the momentum of Young's head to whiplash through and hit his shoulder.

If Farrell wasn't there, I think it is the same tackle Hoffman received in rd 16. Farrell slows/pulls him down enough and with Young turning into the tackle it creates the bigger crunch and the extra going with his neck. Instead of car on car crash, it becomes train on car.

If he was still running across field looking for support like he was, he takes it in his shoulder and goes flying.

There have been a few similar ones this year. Some that have been let off while some have been charged. So it will interesting to see what grading they give it. Some Dragons supporters are saying it was worse than Matt Prior's cocked forearm on Thurston. If you look at the two they are completely different. This is more like Pritchard, Te'o, Dwyer (from a few years ago) etc. Just have to wait and see.

The Farrell argument might see it lessen to a week.

In today's game, it definitely deserves a punishment though.

I just find it unfortunate for the Dragons that they didn't receive any compensation for it. Instead, their competition in the Tigers and possibly Titans will.

Something needs to be done about that IMO.

The Farrell argument might see it lessen to a week.

In today's game, it definitely deserves a punishment though.

I just find it unfortunate for the Dragons that they didn't receive any compensation for it. Instead, their competition in the Tigers and possibly Titans will.

Something needs to be done about that IMO.

It's just part of the game and I think people fixate far too much on this issue. I'm sure the Dragons have had an opposition player suspended for an infringement that they didn't suffer from and it all evens out. Unless opposition players are deliberately taking an opposition player out of the game then it just needs to be accepted as part of the game.

Sharks playing like busteds the pricks.

This is some turnaround from Canberra.

Excellent intercept by Dugan there.

Horrible week for tipping. What a joke. Raiders are so hard to figure out

And the inevitable slide for the Sharks continues. They'll be lucky to finish 8th IMO.

Carney scored negative in supercoach. Thats how bad he played. Sharks were pathetic

Wow, interesting call to send Travis Burns off. Not normally a tackle you see get sent off for but I think the lead up had a bit to do with it.

Pretty clear send off imo, and Ashley Klein is the ref most likely to send a player off so he had it coming.

Been a more interesting game than I was expecting.

Was the game live in QLD? It is delayed in NSW. I want to see this tackle now.

Just saw it. No way is that a send off
I agree. If that is the example, more players should be getting sent off every game. This call is just going to confuse fans even more.

No way is that a send off.

Have to wonder if that would happen if it weren't the 71st minute and the score beyond doubt.

I have to believe the moments leading up to the tackle played a big part. There was a bit of handbags the very play before and things were heating up a bit. I think Burns might have even been involved so I have a feeling (though no real proof) that the refs just decided they wanted to take some of the sting out of the game and decided that because the Chooks were so far behind and there was only 10 minutes left it would be easiest to just send him off. As an isolated issue it's definitely not something you get sent for IMO.

I thought it deserved a send off.

He got him high & then had another crack.

He was also involved in other incidents during the game.

Active Now

• broncsgoat
  • GCBRONCO
  • Strop
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Nerd
  • Financeguy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Johnny92
  • Santa
  • mitch222
  • MrRobot
  • LittleDavey
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Wolfie
  • RodF
  • BroncosMan
  • Organix
  • eggstar10
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Dash
... and 64 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.