Round 20 Discussion

The only in-form teams at the moment are Bulldogs and the Bunnies. I'd seriously hate to see the Bulldogs win, it might be just me, but their whole "buy, buy, buy!" approach really shits me. It feels so artificial.

The only in-form teams at the moment are Bulldogs and the Bunnies. I'd seriously hate to see the Bulldogs win, it might be just me, but their whole "buy, buy, buy!" approach really shits me. It feels so artificial.
It would shit me to see either one of them win it for the reason you mention, which is valid for both.
Actually, only Manly winning it would be worse!

It would shit me to see either one of them win it for the reason you mention, which is valid for both.
Actually, only Manly winning it would be worse!

Bunnies have developed a fair few of their players haven't they?

Most of their star players were bought.

Burns jumped and swung his arm into the side of his head. Not sure if it was send off material but I certainly thought it was intentional, as others have said it wouldn't have been a send off in a tight game or if it was much earlier in the game.

As opposed to what though? A few years back they developed players like Nate Myles, Jonathan Thurston, Roy Asotasi, Willie Mason and Sonny Bill Williams. The NRL gave them no reward for developing them and the Roosters came along and bought half of them. Whilst I agree it does feel artificial, unless you are a one city team like Brisbane or the Warriors it's going to be very hard to get any sort of home town discount, and the Dogs are in anything but a one team city. And also, the whole salary cap itself makes everything artificial.

How they're able to keep that squad together, particularly beyond this season has me scratching my head.

Hats off to Greenberg for being able to pull it off but at times I've think they bought players at their own detriment.

2010 and 2011 were good illustrations of this.

I reckon because it was Travis Burns the refs were more certain it was intentional, he is a deadset wanker on the field. The fact he jumped and swung the arm also leads me to believe there was clear intent. As I said I am not sure that is a send off especially if Tony Williams dropping a guy straight on their head earlier this year wasn't but it was pretty bad.

Was really impressed with Adam Henry this arvo he played extremly well and with confidence for someone only playing their 3rd first grade game. Thank God Braith is leaving he does nothing and Mitchell really carries a young inexpirienced backline, I'm hoping that these young guys stick together and that they get a proper mentor, they are a talented young team.

Thoughts??

Ouch

It's disappointing that a few of the inform teams will be hurt by injury and suspension. Bulldogs will be losing Kasiano and Keating while Rabbitohs will be losing Luke and Inglis.

Last edited:
Losing Keating is almost a blessing IMO, he's the biggest passenger in the NRL.

Losing Keating is almost a blessing IMO, he's the biggest passenger in the NRL.

I read they might put Barba to halfback, thats a huge blow with the way his forms been at the back.

I like a good meme but that is disgusting.

I wasn't a fan either. One of my facebook friends who is Rabbits fan posted it. I love a meme but not a fan of making fun of a serious injury like that.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • BruiserMk1
  • Skyblues87
  • mrslong
  • Big Del
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Sproj
  • Santa
  • Hoof Hearted
  • broncs30
  • Redux
  • Brocko
  • winslow_wong
  • Justwin
  • Maroon4life
  • BroncosAlways
  • Jedhead
  • Battler
  • broncos4life
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.