Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

JWH and Lodge totally schooled our forwards tonight. That was total domination. The scoreline could have been so much worse if not for the slick conditions. It could be a tough month ahead if the current trend continues.
Yes. It was in defence too. Their linespeed In the opening 20 won them the game

Mariner and Mam were fine in defence Capewell is just fucking terrible. Has to be one of the worst defending second rowers in the competition. Shoots out of the line kick chase gets no where near the ball carrier and leaves a massive hole behind him. Gets stuck infield on the third tackle far too often. Doesn't push off his player when simple block plays are run against him. At one stage on the Fox coverage Ennis heaps on Mariner for falling for dummy but Mariner and Oates are defending a 4 on 2. Mam's made the tackle and stuck at marker and Capewell is no where. If Capewell is starting next year we should as fans should be concerned. He is a bench player at a good team.

We got punished from the first srt in defence and our first set in attack looked like poo with Turpin taking a minute to pass the ball every play lol

Niu single handedly contributed to the first two roosters tries. Gotta go.

I know a lot of people love Capewell but he got caught out of position twice for 2 tries tonight.. I actually think he’s a better centre then second rower (as seen in origin). Would be slightly crazy but i’d gladly move him there and bring Hosking in for a couple weeks til Herbie’s back if Brenko’s injured.

I also really don’t get why Mam is stuck wide on that left side every set. I get it when TMM sweeps to the right but Tesi doesn’t sweep well out the back so we need Mam or TMM there.

Also, what happened to Riki’s running game from last year? He provides absolutely nothing in attack. Robati has a gun offload and Hosking is a workhorse.. both better

Bring back TMM, Paix, Lee and Gamble in 13 or bench. And slap Payne Haas and tell him to get a play the ball that’s quicker than 30 seconds
Rikkis running game was good for the last 3 game win streak. Watch the eels game again

Agreed but players can learn over time and Tesi was improving. For mine, it wasn't so much that Tesi deserved to be ahead of Martin. Rather Tesi played so well in that win against the Eels he earned himself another opportunity and gave Kevie that luxury to take his time on Martin and create that competition for spots. Niu failed his assignment, so TMM should come back in at Suncorp.
I don’t disagree with that at all in fact I 100% agree, he was given rope as I’m sure Kevin has seen his deficiencies. He failed big, there is time for growth for sure but my concern with him is you can’t teach “want” does he “want” to get to the positions FB’s need to get too? That involves huge effort. what seems as unnecessary km’s run most of the time as a fb, the one time you don’t put in the “effort” just in case, shit goes south. He doesn’t do that. Not even close.

billy did from word go, Tedesco still does, ponga even though he he gets concussed half the time, still does.

the kid is a talent, at this level talent doesn’t get you shit. Extra effort does, everyone is talented in the nrl. We all look like plebs against these dudes.
Is fullback really his position? I think it’s a running half personally if he was so make it full time.

Argue the point instead of playing the poster. I know the Broncos lost so your emotions are running high but coming in with a lame ad hominem does nothing.

But yeah better skill-set, I couldn't see TMM gathering those offloads he's been thrown from Mam or that flick pass from Capewell tonight that should have been disasterous. That cut out pass he laid onto Pereira was a gem as well.
Conversely I can’t see Nui suddenly becoming a ball-player, rapidly improving in positioning, learning how to talk the team around the park defensively, or figuring out even where to stand as a fullback.

With TMM at back, we were far better defensively and in attack.

Nui has a marginally better running game, in every other area he is much worse.

Mariner and Mam were fine in defence Capewell is just fucking terrible. Has to be one of the worst defending second rowers in the competition. Shoots out of the line kick chase gets no where near the ball carrier and leaves a massive hole behind him. Gets stuck infield on the third tackle far too often. Doesn't push off his player when simple block plays are run against him. At one stage on the Fox coverage Ennis heaps on Mariner for falling for dummy but Mariner and Oates are defending a 4 on 2. Mam's made the tackle and stuck at marker and Capewell is no where. If Capewell is starting next year we should as fans should be concerned. He is a bench player at a good team.
One of the worst pieces of commentary I have seen on this forum. Obviously never played rugby league before

52 missed tackles
50 tackle breaks conceded

Between Reynolds (8), Riki (6) & Staggs (5)they missed 19 tackles
Between Mam (7) & Capewell (10) & Mariner (0) they missed 17 tackles.

It should’ve been learnt last week, along with a few others. Kevvie is slow.
Nah, nah, it’s all good.

Kevvie just told the presser the coaches learned a few things tonight.

The fans watching learned it years ago, when Nui was clearly nothing more than a slightly improved Isaako, but the coaches have now learned, “something”…

Argue the point instead of playing the poster. I know the Broncos lost so your emotions are running high but coming in with a lame ad hominem does nothing.

But yeah better skill-set, I couldn't see TMM gathering those offloads he's been thrown from Mam or that flick pass from Capewell tonight that should have been disasterous. That cut out pass he laid onto Pereira was a gem as well.
My emotions aren’t high I was just having a joke. I just think Martin has a better and more accurate passing game, a better kicking game, better try stopping skills. Tesi is more explosive and pulls off some flashy stuff but o really don’t think he has Martin beaten in any regard but athleticism

When it comes to footy intelligence it isn’t even close imo

Conversely I can’t see Nui suddenly becoming a ball-player, rapidly improving in positioning, learning how to talk the team around the park defensively, or figuring out even where to stand as a fullback.

With TMM at back, we were far better defensively and in attack.

Nui has a marginally better running game, in every other area he is much worse.
I actually see potential in him as a ball-player. He isn't as consistent as TMM and I think he plays too quick and takes up too much space, but if he picks the right lines he's shown before he has a quality pass on him and can get on the outside of his opposite man.

When he came into the team last year, the Broncos instantly had better shape than Isaako. Defensively I can see the comparisons, in attack I think it's off the mark.

I don’t disagree with that at all in fact I 100% agree, he was given rope as I’m sure Kevin has seen his deficiencies. He failed big, there is time for growth for sure but my concern with him is you can’t teach “want” does he “want” to get to the positions FB’s need to get too? That involves huge effort. what seems as unnecessary km’s run most of the time as a fb, the one time you don’t put in the “effort” just in case, shit goes south. He doesn’t do that. Not even close.

billy did from word go, Tedesco still does, ponga even though he he gets concussed half the time, still does.

the kid is a talent, at this level talent doesn’t get you shit. Extra effort does, everyone is talented in the nrl. We all look like plebs against these dudes.
Is fullback really his position? I think it’s a running half personally if he was so make it full time.
He did it in qcup too, he’s always looked lazy to me.

Niu is way better then isaako there is no doubt but he shouldn't be playing 1st grade for us this season(outside injury), I still think it's worth adding another year to his contract(because it ends next year) and loaning him out to a team for next season, he needs to develop a jump in his catch and set up a defensive line but the rest is at a high level, there is potential to learn that a lower side but he is way too risky for a team who wants to be high on the table.

I actually see potential in him as a ball-player. He isn't as consistent as TMM and I think he plays too quick and takes up too much space, but if he picks the right lines he's shown before he has a quality pass on him and can get on the outside of his opposite man.

When he came into the team last year, the Broncos instantly had better shape than Isaako. Defensively I can see the comparisons, in attack I think it's off the mark.
They both have that blank stare where it feels like if you could read their mind it would be this.

Attachments

• CE1A34A7-6E6C-4F63-BFFE-674B1AF47871.gif
    CE1A34A7-6E6C-4F63-BFFE-674B1AF47871.gif
    190.1 KB · Views: 34
Nah, nah, it’s all good.

Kevvie just told the presser the coaches learned a few things tonight.

The fans watching learned it years ago, when Nui was clearly nothing more than a slightly improved Isaako, but the coaches have now learned, “something”…
I wouldn’t be surprised if he doesn’t make any changes.

If the ball is not coming to him, Kotoni needs to go looking for the ball, like Joseph Manu does. Just stays out on the right side catching a cold sometimes. So underwhelming.

My emotions aren’t high I was just having a joke. I just think Martin has a better and more accurate passing game, a better kicking game, better try stopping skills. Tesi is more explosive and pulls off some flashy stuff but o really don’t think he has Martin beaten in any regard but athleticism
See, that's better an actual constructive post.

I still think Tesi has the better pass on him and at fullback, TMM has barely kicked. In fact Tesi has made more positive contributions off his boot than TMM has this year.

Skill isn't everything though and that's why TMM ought to return to fullback next week.

He did it in qcup too, he’s always looked lazy to me.
Take it from me! Even in an infantry setting with no outside influence, it’s almost impossible to knock it out of someone! That’s why the dropout rate is extremely high, you can’t physically force someone to do it even in the military, they have to want to do it.

Sure is. Just imagine if he was at a premiership winner starting as a second rower all year there, would never happen who am I kidding.

Active Now

• Justwin
  • rj9
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Santa
  • LittleDavey
  • Fozz
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Johnny92
  • Stix
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Jedhead
  • Ondi
  • Financeguy
  • Bucking Beads
  • Painin the Haas
  • MrTickyMcG
  • jd87
  • Morkel
  • Fitzy
  • BroncosAlways
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.